HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tickets Question from a first timer

Old
08-15-2009, 07:06 AM
DevilSpawn

vCash: 500
Tickets Question from a first timer

So I'll be visiting the Sunrise area in time to catch the Panthers home opener vs New Jersey on October 10th. For anyone able to help me out, I've got a couple questions...

1. Will there be tickets available at the box office day of game?

2. If so, I heard the Panthers ran a program in years past that if you're attending your first Florida game (as I will be), you'll get a $10 ticket if you just supply them with your ID. Is this true and would it even be available for something as big as opening night?

I know I should probably just reach out to the team itself to get these questions answered, but I figured I'd ask the locals first. Thanks in advance.

DevilSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
So I'll be visiting the Sunrise area in time to catch the Panthers home opener vs New Jersey on October 10th. For anyone able to help me out, I've got a couple questions...

1. Will there be tickets available at the box office day of game?

2. If so, I heard the Panthers ran a program in years past that if you're attending your first Florida game (as I will be), you'll get a $10 ticket if you just supply them with your ID. Is this true and would it even be available for something as big as opening night?

I know I should probably just reach out to the team itself to get these questions answered, but I figured I'd ask the locals first. Thanks in advance.
They had a first timer program that allowed you to get a free ticket if you provided your Florida ID, but it wouldn't work for opening night and there were only so many tickets available for each game.

I wouldn't bet on tickets being available on opening night as it's one of the few games we actually sell out every year.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
DevilSpawn

Cool, thanks for the info. Looking forward to a Marty vs. Clemmensen duel that night.

Old
08-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info. Looking forward to a Marty vs. Clemmensen duel that night.
What? Clemmensen will only be starting if Vokoun is injured.

Old
08-15-2009, 11:45 AM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yeah - I was looking forward to a Vokoun - Danis duel myself.....

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 12:14 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
They had a first timer program that allowed you to get a free ticket if you provided your Florida ID, but it wouldn't work for opening night and there were only so many tickets available for each game.

I wouldn't bet on tickets being available on opening night as it's one of the few games we actually sell out every year.
I'm pretty sure I got 2 tickets last year for opening night from this program.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:58 PM
DevilSpawn

Quote:

I know Vokoun is the starter, but sometimes coaches give the nod to a player they otherwise wouldn't simply for the sake of facing his former team. I personally hope that's the case here. Clem did his part to keep the team afloat last year, and I would've liked to have seen him stay in Jersey, but he would play all of 65 minutes behind Brodeur, and chances are the memory of his Cinderella season would be tarnished when he inevitably came back to earth. That said, I'm still hoping to see a Brodeur/Clemmensen matchup on the 10th.

Old
08-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:
I know Vokoun is the starter, but sometimes coaches give the nod to a player they otherwise wouldn't simply for the sake of facing his former team. I personally hope that's the case here. Clem did his part to keep the team afloat last year, and I would've liked to have seen him stay in Jersey, but he would play all of 65 minutes behind Brodeur, and chances are the memory of his Cinderella season would be tarnished when he inevitably came back to earth. That said, I'm still hoping to see a Brodeur/Clemmensen matchup on the 10th.
Not on opening night, maybe when they come back though.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Not on opening night, maybe when they come back though.
Yea, no chance it happens on opening night. None.