HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-stl-ott

Old
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Berglund's a centre, the Bruins already have three centres better than him. So if the Bruins trade Kessel for him he's either playing on the fourth line next year or playing out of position on the wing.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Berglund's a centre, the Bruins already have three centres better than him. So if the Bruins trade Kessel for him he's either playing on the fourth line next year or playing out of position on the wing.
your avatar is amazing

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post

Vanek-7.14
Staal-8.250Iginla-7
Nash- 7.783 (New Contract)
Stastney- 6.6
Richards- 7.8
Datsyuk- 7.7
Zetterburg- For the next 9 years, he makes between 7-7.75
Kopitar-6.8Gomez-7.36
Gaborik- 7.5
Drury-7
Spezza- 7
Briere- 6.5Thornton- 7.2
Lecavalier- 7.73

These are all the forwards who make within a million of what Heatley makes.

Now consider that since the lockout he has outscored every single person on this list. Let it sink in a bit.
All of the bolded are overpayed also. You would have a very hard time arguing that they are not. Just because someone was stupid enough to sign them to the contract, doesn't mean that they are worth it.

It isn't just about points, but I don't consider Heatley in the Levacalier/Thorton/Zetterburg/Datsyuk arena. Good player, but not Elite. To be successful you need to have a well rounded team - meaning that I would rather have a team like the Blues current roster that is ballanced offernsively with multiple scoring lines - but no real elite player, then the Sens roster where a huge chunk is tied up in 3 studs - who are currently better then all of the Blues players, but can not good enough to carry a team to the playoffs.

Further, the cap may be dropping next season. The Blues have a bunch of guys coming off their entry level deals over the next 2-3 years - which will require raises. I see no reason to run into cap issues that will prevent us from resigning our RFAs.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:06 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
All of the bolded are overpayed also. You would have a very hard time arguing that they are not. Just because someone was stupid enough to sign them to the contract, doesn't mean that they are worth it.

It isn't just about points, but I don't consider Heatley in the Levacalier/Thorton/Zetterburg/Datsyuk arena. Good player, but not Elite. To be successful you need to have a well rounded team - meaning that I would rather have a team like the Blues current roster that is ballanced offernsively with multiple scoring lines - but no real elite player, then the Sens roster where a huge chunk is tied up in 3 studs - who are currently better then all of the Blues players, but can not good enough to carry a team to the playoffs.

Further, the cap may be dropping next season. The Blues have a bunch of guys coming off their entry level deals over the next 2-3 years - which will require raises. I see no reason to run into cap issues that will prevent us from resigning our RFAs.
There are 16 forwards making within 1mil of Heatley. Are you trying to say that 10 out of 16 players are overpaid? Because common logic would indicate that if the majority is overpaid... they aren't really overpaid. Think about it. Heatley has 2 50 goal, 100+ point seasons. Find me anyone else who has done recently that that makes less than Heatley.

Old
08-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Hanson95

Personally, I think high of Berglund, only a second-year North America pro. So around 50 points is good. I think he could contribute around 70-ish next year so this would be a decent trade only because Ottawas getting rid of the team cancer

Hanson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Hanson95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
There are 16 forwards making within 1mil of Heatley. Are you trying to say that 10 out of 16 players are overpaid? Because common logic would indicate that if the majority is overpaid... they aren't really overpaid. Think about it. Heatley has 2 50 goal, 100+ point seasons. Find me anyone else who has done recently that that makes less than Heatley.
Ovechkin when he was on his entry level deal

Old
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

It's sad to see Heatley's value has dropped to the point where people are offering him one-for-one for players like Kessel and Berglund.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
kyeddy

I would still do this trade in Ottawa's perspective. They need a big change and adding a player like Kessel would change the team. Put him on the second line with Fisher and Kovy. You have two high scoring lines. Thats what the Sens need.

kyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:19 PM
mrniceguy2082

i know this is corny but kessel has literally half the balls heatley does

mrniceguy2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:24 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson95 View Post
Ovechkin when he was on his entry level deal
Well I'll be damned.

Old
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
So what? Berglund for Kessel?...Done from a Bruins perspective...move Berglund to the wing (left handed shot).

Berglund Savard Wheeler
Lucic Krejci Ryder
Sturm Bergeron Recchi
Bitz Begin Kobasew

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
The Hamburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post

Good player, but not Elite.
Please explain how Dany Heatley is not elite.

Because he asked for a trade?

The Hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 06:04 PM
stlbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
On second thought, i'd trade Heatley for THAT package!!

I don't think St-Louis would though...

Steen had 18g 45points in his rookie season as a 20/21 year old!!!

Ottawa would have to add a conditional 1st round pick in the event that 'the cancer' contaminates their locker room.
Done!

stlbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrniceguy2082 View Post
Wow.
That wasn't ignorant or anything.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
trublu16

WOW...just WOW!!

Man do the Blues get to use vasoline on this screw job or not. We have to give up our future #1 Centerman for a prima donna. There is no aspect of this deal that benefits the St. Louis Blues one bit. We are building a team for the Stanley Cup run. Not just to show up and say we were there, but to win it. And possibly have a multiple cups to our name.

Everyone who is backing Heatley to St. Louis. Need to go back look at Blues history. We had a better sharpshooter (Brett Hull) on our team with 1 or 2 great players with him and still did not win the Stanley cup.

St. Louis does not need Heatley. They have more than enough coming in the year than they know what to do with anyways. With all the youth proving they belong last year (Oshie, Perron, Berggy) and we are getting Kayria back. Eller is on the way, either at the beginning of the season or shortly after.

But does all this equal a 40 goal scorer? No it doesn't, it equals more.

BTW.. for all you saying that Heatley is a 50 goal scorer, have you looked at his stats lately? He hasn't scored that many in a season for 2 years now, so does that mean he is in decline mode at 28 yrs old?

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 08:30 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrniceguy2082 View Post
That wasnt corny. It was, however, ignorant, insensitive, inappropriate, and just plain stupid. Never has a poster done more to live up to the opposite of his username.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 08:53 PM
BlueBeard

Why wouldn't St.Louis and Boston just work out a deal for Kessel and not do Ottawa a favor?

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Hanson95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Why wouldn't St.Louis and Boston just work out a deal for Kessel and not do Ottawa a favor?
Good idea

Old
08-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Good idea
Great Idea.

Blues trade their "#1 future Center" with a 1.2 Million cap hit, for a player looking to make 4-5 Million dollars.

The Sens should sign Kessel to an offer sheet, and leave the bruins with nothing

Then Suspend Heatley if he holds out... There we go, under the Cap.

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

Even with the emergence of Backes last year as a capable top 6 center...and Eller on the door step to the NHL...the Blues cannot afford to give up Berglund. Not for Heatley's contract.

I would imagine few fans out side of St Louis fans really know the value Berglund brings to this organization. He is our Forsberg, Fedorov...out cornerstone, all aroudn solid center to build the forward lines around. You can mock his full season stats but he was a legit Calder candidate before hitting a condition wall and a groin injury issue. He will not hit that same wall in 09-10.

Anything mentioning Berglund, Perron, Oshie, Johnson, Pietroangelo, or Eller (and Backes to an extent) is going to be met with severe opposition by the fans and a request for an over payment from the team wanting the player.

The Blues called on Heatley...anyone would to see the price, but that doesn't meant there was legit interest in serious offers. The Blues cannot afford the $7.5mil for one guy. Not right now. This team has marketed the kids hard, they cannot give them up when they have made a huge connection with the fan base...based on those players.

I think the McClement + Brewer + filler offer might hold some water...I just dont think that clears enough money (long term) to be of use to the Blues to secure Heatley and the young core. I also can't imagine Brewer having any trade value right now. He JUST started light skating again w/ back issues. The Blues have to think about how Heatley alters the ability to retain someone like Pietrangelo or Eller when their ELC runs out.

I think you will find most Blues fans very unwilling to look at a trade. It seems like most fans are very happy with the depth we have (retuning most of the team from last year) and adding Jonhson and Kariya back. Blues are going to sit tight till we get hit w/ injuries.

You might be unwilling to buy in to the idea that "we're going to build a core of talent, develop it, and stick with it"..but the Blues are doing just that. You're gonna have to offer more than Heately's "name" and goals scored to take on that contract when we have troubles paying the bills now.

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
Great Idea.

Blues trade their "#1 future Center" with a 1.2 Million cap hit, for a player looking to make 4-5 Million dollars.

The Sens should sign Kessel to an offer sheet, and leave the bruins with nothing

I highly doubt Boston would be even asking for Berglund in the first place since they have their core of centers that they want(from what I can tell). It would be either for a more affordable winger with time left on their ELC plus some or someone like Pietrangelo plus some. Now as a Blues fan I'd prefer just to stay where we are for right now and see what develops but if I had the choice it would be Kessel and his lower cap hit which gives more flexibility down the road with a salary cap that could be coming down in the upcoming year(s).

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM
The Scarecrow
2011 Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
Great Idea.

Nothing but draft picks.

The Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
frankielax

Quote:
Personally, I think high of Berglund, only a second-year North America pro. So around 50 points is good. I think he could contribute around 70-ish next year so this would be a decent trade only because Ottawas getting rid of the team cancer
So we give up 2 young, high potential guys for a cancer?? No thank you. A 50g/100p cancer is still a cancer.

frankielax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
SammyTheBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankielax View Post
So we give up 2 young, high potential guys for a cancer?? No thank you. A 50g/100p cancer is still a cancer.
"Heatley checks himself in a chemotherapy clinic"

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Xspyrit

These threads are so funny... it's not even funny

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote