HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why I can't be a Rangers fan.

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
VladNYC*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
HAHAHAHAH

oh man, i didnt think you could do it, but you did it!
that is THE stupidest thing ever written on any thread on any board on HFboards!
you are the winner!
I remember the Rangers barely beating a mid range KHL team not too long ago. Don't flatter yourselves.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
I have lived in NYC for the last 20 years and I am a die hard NYer. I honestly think it is the best place in America and the epitome of Americana. I am a fan of all the local teams from the other sports but i just can not get into the Rangers and there are two reasons for it.

1) The MSG announcers are sooo boring they might as well be doing golf play by play. They are emotionless and uninteresting.

2) The MSG home crowd seems like they are at a funeral. The whole place is dead. If it wasn't for the goal song, all you would hear is the whispers of business deals being discussed in the seats.

I watch A LOT of hockey, both NHL and KHL and i want to be a rangers fan but i just can't get into the games. The only ones that are watchable are the away games on the other teams broadcast. Is any one else like me?
Ok, great. Thanks for sharing.

Theres a team that plays in Newark that could use a few extra fans in their building, maybe you should try them out.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:18 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
I remember the Rangers barely beating a mid range KHL team not too long ago. Don't flatter yourselves.
It continues!

Old
08-18-2009, 11:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
One was in mid-season form, the other was still in training camp, well played.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:19 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I thought you're getting free tickets all the time from your company. Unless you spend thousands of dollars on just hot dogs. Keep going man.
Did you see the word "WORKED"? It implies past tense. You think i have worked for the same company for the last 20 years?

Old
08-18-2009, 11:19 PM
17futurecap

Is there a reason you must sit in the lower bowl? Sitting in the 300's and 400's are one of the best things about Rangers hockey. Also you said the season's with Jagr were boring, but the 5 home playoff games we had vs Atlanta and Buffalo were so exciting, and so much fun.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
One was in mid-season form, the other was still in training camp, well played.
KHL season starts Sept 10. Victoria cup was Oct 1. Wtf are you talking about?

Old
08-18-2009, 11:23 PM
John Torturella

You cant be a Rangers fan. For what its worth, you are not considered a Rangers fan by anyone here. Don't look to jump back on later in the game either.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
You mean the same Rangers team that played like an exhibition game, and still came out on top? The same Rangers you call a "crappy product"? Did they still win? I would absolutely love to see Detroit or Pittsburgh play the top KHL teams, and make it a high stakes game so the NHL'ers actually try, they'd win 7-0 each game.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
I can't be a fan of the rangers because if i want to sit in decent seats, i have to be surrounded by confused, non nonchalant fans and when i watch it at home, it is a golf broadcast and on top of all of this, the play is ******. What is so hard to understand? Why should i spend thousands of dollars for this?
So, you spend the money in order to hear a loud, intelligent crowd???
Mate if you aren't spending the money for the hockey then you're exactly the kind of fan that you are criticising, someone who's there for the wrong reasons, not really caring about the game.
You shouldn't spend your money on it. I'm glad you've seen the light. Don't go to anymore games, really we don't care at all. Oh, and seeing as you are so upset by the commentary and can't watch a match on mute it looks like you'll have to stop being a fan all together. But you'd already worked that out anyway so...
You came to the NYR forum to say you're not an NYR fan. Wow, maybe I should just go and make 29 threads in the other franchises forums telling everyone I'm not a fan of their team.

Old
08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
KHL season starts Sept 10. Victoria cup was Oct 1. Wtf are you talking about?
mid-season, as in already in progress...wether thats 1 game or a 100 it's still mid season

Old
08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
FLYLine24*

Thanks for your honesty VladNYC but its obvious you have your mind made up.

Not sure what your trying to accomplish with this thread other then to get it off your chest.

Well you got it off your chest, but this thread has run its course.

Maybe one day you'll be a fan of the team you live by, if not, there are 29 other teams to choose from and another bunch in the KHL that you could be a fan off.

Overall though, nobody here really cares if you dont like our annoucers and you dont like the atmosphere at MSG.

Closed Thread