HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jvr

Old
08-19-2009, 11:56 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
One could draw Jessiman comparisons too.
Not really.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Hanson95

JVR = 1st rounder + top tier prospect

Hanson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
To Phili:

Schneider + Raymond + 1st Round Pick

To Vancouver:

JVR + Lehtivuori
Uhhh... Hmmm...

I guess I'd do it from Vans point of view assuming Luongo was re-signed. JVR, Grabner, Schroeder, and Hodgson would give us some nice up and coming forwards to be happy about.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:15 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Uhhh... Hmmm...

I guess I'd do it from Vans point of view assuming Luongo was re-signed. JVR, Grabner, Schroeder, and Hodgson would give us some nice up and coming forwards to be happy about.
I would think it would make sense from Phili's point of view as well. They have a big lack of picks coming up, so the 1st rounder will help, and they have a very, very slim prospect pool of goaltenders that Schneider would easily be the best of.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:18 PM
phlocky

Quote:
To Phili:

To Vancouver:

JVR + Lehtivuori
Damn, I can't wait to see JVR in O&B but this is a very good offer, I'd probably have to take it for JVR.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Kingjordan

Moller + Teubert + Ersburg

Last edited by Kingjordan: 08-19-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
To Phili:

To Vancouver:

JVR + Lehtivuori
Pretty much exactly what Philly would be looking for in a deal for JVR, nice proposal.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoringlegend08 View Post
Pretty much exactly what Philly would be looking for in a deal for JVR, nice proposal.
I thought so. Also works well for the Canucks as it gives them a perfect one-two centre punch with JVR and Hodgson.

and if Lehtivuori fills into his full potential he'll be a puck mover that puts in few goals but makes smart plays on the back end.

We would need to see a Luongo extension but i'd like this trade from a Canucks standpoint.

Old
08-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

JVR is going to start the year very slowly, may even finish the year with an average amount of points. But believe me, the kid has all the tools necessary to be a big time star in this league. Size, Speed, unreal puck handling and a very good eye for the game. I would take the canucks offer though

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
i'd love the leafs to acquire JVR somehow .. I think he'd be a great fit.. however philly would be stupid too trade him.. for at least anything we got to give lol

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
DickTony

Quote:
I thought so. Also works well for the Canucks as it gives them a perfect one-two centre punch with JVR and Hodgson.

and if Lehtivuori fills into his full potential he'll be a puck mover that puts in few goals but makes smart plays on the back end.

We would need to see a Luongo extension but i'd like this trade from a Canucks standpoint.
JVR isn't a center, but I read he played a little bit of it his last year or two at UNH

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Man View Post
Colorado would love to get there hands on him.

Svatos + 3rd

GO AVS GO
will you please stop giving us Avs fans a bad name on this board? good grief, that's terrible.

Wolski + Hannan for Briere, Jones, and JVR is more realistic proposal by far.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
97FlyersKing18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
will you please stop giving us Avs fans a bad name on this board? good grief, that's terrible.

Wolski + Hannan for Briere, Jones, and JVR is more realistic proposal by far.
Your proposal isn't much better...

Wolski for JVR straight up would not get it done and plus Briere is insane. Hannan wouldn't be in our top 4 so why trade for him? The point of trading JVR THIS year is to win the cup THIS year as JVR won't play a major role most of the season. Don't criticize buddy and come up with something worse.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
He's worth more to the Flyers than anyone else.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:42 PM
KPeezy17

I wouldn't give up much to be honest. I think hes a pretty overrated prospect, hes not going to pan out what most people expect from him but down the line he'll be a decent player someday. He has a lot of tools and COULD pan out to be a star but theres just something blocking me from thinking hes going to be a star. I feel like he uses tendencies that only work against average college players and not the elite ones. And they will definitely not work against NHLers

This coming from a UNH fan, seen this kid play plenty of times.

Last edited by KPeezy17: 08-19-2009 at 05:53 PM.
KPeezy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Your proposal isn't much better...

Wolski for JVR straight up would not get it done and plus Briere is insane. Hannan wouldn't be in our top 4 so why trade for him? The point of trading JVR THIS year is to win the cup THIS year as JVR won't play a major role most of the season. Don't criticize buddy and come up with something worse.
if we're talking pure talent, then you're correct. You're ignoring the cap though. Smyth for Quincey and Preissing is a ridiculous trade if we're looking only at talent -- Smyth is a really good player -- but the cap hits involved make it viable. Same here. You're getting out from under the Briere contract, dumping Jones, losing a very good prospect and adding 2 good players that are ready NOW, for less cap hit now and later.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
To Phili:

To Vancouver:

JVR + Lehtivuori
I guess i would do that.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
if we're talking pure talent, then you're correct. You're ignoring the cap though. Smyth for Quincey and Preissing is a ridiculous trade if we're looking only at talent -- Smyth is a really good player -- but the cap hits involved make it viable. Same here. You're getting out from under the Briere contract, dumping Jones, losing a very good prospect and adding 2 good players that are ready NOW, for less cap hit now and later.

I don't particularly WANT out from the Briere contract. I want him to be healthy and score 70+ points for us again.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:26 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
To Phili:

To Vancouver:

JVR + Lehtivuori
Doesn't make sense for Vancouver's side.

Look at the young forward group we have:

Burrows
Kesler
Raymond
Bernier
Hansen
Shirokov
Hodgson
Grabner
Rodin
Wellwood
Schroeder

We have no need for another top forward prospect. What we need is a bluechip D (RIP Luc) to fill out our pool. Our defense in terms of prospects are very weak. I would love to trade Schneider + 1st for a very good defensive prospect. Maybe if we didn't take Schroeder and took Moore instead (if he dropped) I would go after JVR, but right now, not a chance. It doesn't fill a need. Maybe if it was Pietrangelo, but that's wishful thinking.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Even though I love the guy as a player and also as a Flyers fan, it would be hard to choose really.

To Philly:

Gustavsson
Grabovski

To Toronto:

JvR
Jones
Cote

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:11 PM
RealKrug47*

Bergeron-Kobasew
for
JVR

clears cap space for Kessel to be resigned and we get a great young gun, who used to play for UNH, near Boston, so he'd have a hometown crowed to cheer him on even more

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruWINS View Post
Bergeron-Kobasew
for
JVR

clears cap space for Kessel to be resigned and we get a great young gun, who used to play for UNH, near Boston, so he'd have a hometown crowed to cheer him on even more
He may have gone to UNH, he was born and raised in NJ, so being with the Devils or Flyers would be more of his hometown than Boston is.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
RealKrug47*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
He may have gone to UNH, he was born and raised in NJ, so being with the Devils or Flyers would be more of his hometown than Boston is.
he played i mean in the area, and he is well known too, because he was so good, and i think him comming here, fans would love it.

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post

Burrows
Kesler
Raymond
Bernier
Hansen
Shirokov
Hodgson
Grabner
Rodin
Wellwood
Schroeder

We have no need for another top forward prospect. What we need is a bluechip D (RIP Luc) to fill out our pool. Our defense in terms of prospects are very weak. I would love to trade Schneider + 1st for a very good defensive prospect. Maybe if we didn't take Schroeder and took Moore instead (if he dropped) I would go after JVR, but right now, not a chance. It doesn't fill a need. Maybe if it was Pietrangelo, but that's wishful thinking.
The fact that we don't need any more high end forward prospects is wishful thinking. Make the best deals possible and if necessary trade players away later. Schnieder we do not need, we don't need Raymond as we have glut of forwards that are ready for the NHL now, and out 1st. I'm willing to part with that for a guy we can put on the Moose for another year (or two) to develop him.

Besides, I'm not 100% sold on any of our forward prospects (aside from Hodgson) being PPG players, or 30 goals scorers (maybe Grabner). I mean, it's quite likely some of them will, but it's not like they all will! We could use a guy like JVR in our system, especially because we give up what are to us spare parts (aside from our first).

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:36 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post

(LIST)

My question is what team out there has a deep pool of defensive prospects and a big time lack of goaltending/goaltending prospects?

Not many.... in fact the goalie market isn't that great. Schneider has alot of potential as seen by his astounding AHL numbers/College Numbers, but goalies aren't overly sought after right now.

JVR is a top prospect, but philidelphia has a NEED in the goaltending department.

If this trade was made it would free you up to more easily move a Grabner for a young d-man.

Having a strength is a good thing as you can move pieces from it to fill other holes without detracting from that position.