HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lineup tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Lineup tomorrow

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Juneau-Kovalev
Langdon-Dowd-Ward

CKAC

Old
04-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Juneau-Kovalev
Langdon-Dowd-Ward

CKAC
That doesn't look too bad actually. BEGIN IS BACK!!!! Should be fun to watch Begin and Kovalev play together.

Old
04-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Juneau-Kovalev
Langdon-Dowd-Ward

CKAC

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can some explain to me please, why the h*ll Dagenais is still ahead of Kovalev?

Ok, now im just getting vexed

Nice to see Begin back though

Old
04-02-2004, 01:09 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mooch for head coach of Habs Team!

He knows hockey better than CJ. He knows the inside Habs room stories better than CJ. lol.

... Dagenais wasn't that bad last night, in fact he was better than [fill any name].
If you didn't notice, Kovalev is in the same line as Bégin. Sometimes a third line gets better scoring chances than 1-2. Guess CJ wants to have 3 equilibrated lines?

Old
04-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Subban Fan

I'm happy to see Perreault, Dackell and Sundstrom out... 3 words: small, soft and slow! You cant win with too many guys like that!!!

Old
04-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I am really getting sick of this. Kovalev must play with talent if you want him to produce and gain some confidence. He's not a checker. What a waste of a trade this is becoming because CJ obviously has no idea how to properly use Kovalev. Did we even freakin scout this guy before picking him up? play him on LW, play him with Koivu for barely 2 periods and a half(1st game and half of the Buffalo game) barely use him on the PP point and play him with checkers now, I am just baffled at how the team is using Kovalev.

After Saturday, Kovalev will have played 3 games with Juneau and not even 1 combined with Koivu, what is wrong with this picture? Koivu is struggling like crazy, why not at least TRY Kovalev on his line for one complete game? reward Kovalev for a good game last night?

CJ has had a great year as our coach, but his handling of Kovalev has just been head scratching from where I stand.

Komi, they said Sunny had an ankle injury, didn't they?

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 04-02-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old
04-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Subban Fan

Komi, they said Sunny had an ankle injury, didn't they?[/QUOTE]

That's what they said...

Old
04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I feel your pain.

CJ HAS to get Kovalev into the top 6 and put Dagenais in the press box. This is getting ridiculous.

Great to see Begin back and Perrault stay scratched though.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:41 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bégin-Juneau-Kovalev
Langdon-Dowd-Ward

CKAC
STUPID JUST STUPID. CJ is in love with that useless crap Dagenais...

Old
04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
I am really getting sick of this. Kovalev must play with talent if you want him to produce and gain some confidence. He's not a checker. What a waste of a trade this is becoming because CJ obviously has no idea how to properly use Kovalev. Did we even freakin scout this guy before picking him up? play him on LW, play him with Koivu for barely 2 periods and a half(1st game and half of the Buffalo game) barely use him on the PP point and play him with checkers now, I am just baffled at how the team is using Kovalev.

After Saturday, Kovalev will have played 3 games with Juneau and not even 1 combined with Koivu, what is wrong with this picture? Koivu is struggling like crazy, why not at least TRY Kovalev on his line for one complete game? reward Kovalev for a good game last night?

CJ has had a great year as our coach, but his handling of Kovalev has just been head scratching from where I stand.

Komi, they said Sunny had an ankle injury, didn't they?
About Kovalev, you share the same opinion than Bergeron at 110%, Oh no! I just mentioned that crapy show! And you, I and Bergy share the same opinion about the use of Kovy!

Julien is hiding something. Maybe he doesn't like Kovy, maybe he is punishing him, maybe he wants the opposite teams to make a false analyse of the Habs line-up and strenght ...

Like we say in french: “il y a anguille sous roche”.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Boardish

How can he gives so much chances to Dagenais and nothing to Kovalev?

Old
04-02-2004, 02:03 PM
EBS111

lineup

whatever the line up is for tomorrow CJ needs to come up with a line up and stick to it especially for the playoffs because i think too much line shuffling is not good for the playoffs

GO HABS GO !!!!!

Old
04-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
About Kovalev, you share the same opinion than Bergeron at 110%, Oh no! I just mentioned that crapy show! And you, I and Bergy share the same opinion about the use of Kovy!

Julien is hiding something. Maybe he doesn't like Kovy, maybe he is punishing him, maybe he wants the opposite teams to make a false analyse of the Habs line-up and strenght ...

Like we say in french: “il y a anguille sous roche”.
Oh my...I share the an opinion with Bergeron on something.

I am scared to death now.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:05 PM
ngc_5128

Quote:

After Saturday, Kovalev will have played 3 games with Juneau and not even 1 combined with Koivu, what is wrong with this picture? Koivu is struggling like crazy, why not at least TRY Kovalev on his line for one complete game?

whatever happened to player accountability? This is what Julien is trying to instill in his players, and for the most part, it pays off. Ryder sucked hard at the beginning of the year, so he gets sat out...what happens next? the ryder we see today...Ribs plays selfish once too often in important situations, so he gets sat out...what happens next? I think it's fair to say that Ribs responded to the message coach was sending him...same goes for Perrault after he stinks it up long enough to get sat out for a few, he goes on a tear. Dags always ups his physical play after he has been sitting out for a few games.

Begin, Dowd, Ward, Cube, Ryder, Bulis, Koivu...all get good playing time and are used in circumstances when the balance of the game is in their hands (defensivly for most I named) because they showed the coach that they are willing to work their butts off for the team, and not just show up to collect a paycheck. They work hard, and it shows. The coach rewards this with giving them good, quality minutes. The players I named show their gratitude by still working hard, and not slacking once they get the good ice time.

I think that if Kovalev was making less then 6 million, he would have been in the press box last night after an extra-stinky performance vs NYI. I also think the coach is trying to get him to set up his game if he wants to play at the top lines.

The fact that Kovalev is playing average makes it easier for the coach to try and roll three high-threat scoring lines which can handle them selves defensivly.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_5128
I think that if Kovalev was making less then 6 million, he would have been in the press box last night after an extra-stinky performance vs NYI. I also think the coach is trying to get him to set up his game if he wants to play at the top lines.

The fact that Kovalev is playing average makes it easier for the coach to try and roll three high-threat scoring lines which can handle them selves defensivly.
He should have benched everyone in the line-up after NYI's game, then.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_5128
whatever happened to player accountability? This is what Julien is trying to instill in his players, and for the most part, it pays off. Ryder sucked hard at the beginning of the year, so he gets sat out...what happens next? the ryder we see today...Ribs plays selfish once too often in important situations, so he gets sat out...what happens next? I think it's fair to say that Ribs responded to the message coach was sending him...same goes for Perrault after he stinks it up long enough to get sat out for a few, he goes on a tear. Dags always ups his physical play after he has been sitting out for a few games.

Begin, Dowd, Ward, Cube, Ryder, Bulis, Koivu...all get good playing time and are used in circumstances when the balance of the game is in their hands (defensivly for most I named) because they showed the coach that they are willing to work their butts off for the team, and not just show up to collect a paycheck. They work hard, and it shows. The coach rewards this with giving them good, quality minutes. The players I named show their gratitude by still working hard, and not slacking once they get the good ice time.

you don't do that one game before playoffs, the team has no chemistry, and CJ is changing the lines every game.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:33 PM
ngc_5128

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
you don't do that one game before playoffs, the team has no chemistry, and CJ is changing the lines every game.
I would only be worried about this if there was more then Kovalev that was new to the system (Dowd doesn't count since his old team plays the same system we do). The results of always moving the lines around during the regular season has enabled most players to be able to play with different linemates in a game situation and be able to know how they play. In the playoffs, what if Zednik gets injured or a game misconduct and you need to put someone else on the top line to replace him? The habs have no worries, since alot of players have had the experience of playing with Koivu and/or Bulis, so we don't have to worry about major miscommunications in the heart of a playoff game.

The fact that most players have had multiple line mates also gives us the edge in that we can severly mix up our lines if the game is tight, or we need to get a certain match up, and it shouldn't throw us off of the game plan too much. we have 7-8 guys who can play offensive roles, and 7-8 guys that can play defensive roles (some overlap here, of course). If the same 3 guys play on the same line all season long and need to be replaced right before the playoffs, or in the playoffs, you can see the kind of problems can occur. Sure someone can always just step in as a replacement, but will they be effective? I wouldn't want to do alot of experimenting in the playoffs.

ps...this is just my opinion on what my reasons would be if I were the coach doing this. I am not CJ, so who know why he is doing this. I just hope his answer makes as much sense as mine does to me

Old
04-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Necrophile

I hope that the Habs announce that every single practice session until the playoffs start will be closed off COMPLETELY to the media. I will then gladly assume that CJ will be secretly working Kovalev in on Koivu's line to create a surprise for the playoffs.

This could be good because:

1- Few would expect it. Hopefully our 1st round opponents won't, therefore partially nullifying their 3-5 day preparation to play against the Habs.

2- For having played with everyone else, Kovalev will be used to other linemates, as well as having adapted to the system (see Juneau).

3- CJ would once again only have us scratching our heads only to finally emerge as a strategic genius!

In CJ I trust.... Although my head still hurts from all that scratching !

Old
04-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Bob Bastards

Its really funny to see the same old reaction from fan on this board:
"They always lose."
"Kovalev need to be on the first line."
"Koivu is not a good leader."
"Ribeiro is to small."
"Dagenais is too slow."
"Bouillon is too small."
'Quintal is too old."
"Zednik never pass."
"Julien is an idiot who don't know how to coach."
"Bulis is not a first line player."
"Ward don't know how to skate."
"There not physical enought."
"They take too much penalty."
"Garon is better then Theo."
"Theo is better then Garon."
"The Trap is dull too watch."
"We allow too much shot on goal."
Etc, etc, etc.

OK now can somebody tell me how on hell with a crappy team like that, we have been able to have a 40 win season? Please enlighten me!

Old
04-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Necrophile

Assume the Habs will face the Bruins in round 1. Here is an extract of a possible conversation between the Bruins Coach (BC) and Bruins Players (BP):

BC: Alright, when trying to counter their neutral zone trap, automatically pass the puck to Pierre Dagenais [points to illustration of Road Cone on the wall].

BP: Duh... Can you repeat the last question?

BC: [Sigh] Pylon good, 2 legs bad. Is that simple enough?

BP: Pylon good, 2 legs bad... Pylon good, 2 legs bad... [Dumb smiles on faces.]

BC: Whatever you do, don't pay attention to Kovalev and the rest of the third line once they cross our blue line. Look for an automatic dump-and-not-chase manoeuvre.

BP: [Scratching empty skulls.]

BC: When facing Koivu's line, remember that they are not dangerous because CJ doesn't even want to use Kovalev on his wing! [Hysterical, evil laugh followed by gigantic fart. Silence ensues.]

BP: [Attempted thought process.] CJ sucks! [/BRAIN] Heh... Heh... Heh...

BC: [Non-sarcastically] Richard Zednik is not a playoff monster. Oh and pay no heed to Steve Bégin, he will do nothing all series long. And if ever you decide to take cheap shots at Habs players, remember that Langdon, Souray, Quintal, Komisarek and Bouillon are little weaklings who won't make you pay.

BP: Heh... Cheap shots are cool! [Dumb grins aplenty.]

BC: Let's go win this one in 3 games!

BP: [ROAR of unintelligent yet aggressive excitement.]

Old
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Howie Morenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish
How can he gives so much chances to Dagenais and nothing to Kovalev?
Dagenais has incriminating pics of Julien.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:25 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Dagenais has incriminating pics of Julien.
Yeah pics of Julien and Gainey making out

Old
04-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
I hope that the Habs announce that every single practice session until the playoffs start will be closed off COMPLETELY to the media. I will then gladly assume that CJ will be secretly working Kovalev in on Koivu's line to create a surprise for the playoffs.

This could be good because:

1- Few would expect it. Hopefully our 1st round opponents won't, therefore partially nullifying their 3-5 day preparation to play against the Habs.

2- For having played with everyone else, Kovalev will be used to other linemates, as well as having adapted to the system (see Juneau).

3- CJ would once again only have us scratching our heads only to finally emerge as a strategic genius!

In CJ I trust.... Although my head still hurts from all that scratching !

That could be crazy enough for it to make sense...throw teams off their rocker and screw up their days of preparation..at least I hope you are right.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
That could be crazy enough for it to make sense...throw teams off their rocker and screw up their days of preparation..at least I hope you are right.
CJ has surprised us before.

Besides, why would they be constantly blabbering about the importance of Kovalev learning the system and downplaying the fact he was barely used with Koivu? Was it just a "leave us alone, you'll see what will happen come playoff time" message?

Old
04-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Yeah pics of Julien and Gainey making out
How about NO.

Closed Thread