HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion.

Old
08-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion.

Continue.

08-28-2014, 06:12 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 50
Joaquin Phoenix as Dr. Strange?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/2...octor-strange/

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
I think he'd do an amazing job as Dr. Strange!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Behn Wilson

Phoenix is a great actor but he has kind of weirded out over the years. With his faked retirement from acting to become a rapper and the very strange behavior over that period for the purposes of making a reality film type documentary on the experience.

Marvel does not want to deal with any more actors with emotional baggage after dealing with Edward Norton on the Hulk. My guess is they would likely pass on having to deal with him though he would be a decent choice for the role as a lot of the other rumored choices would be.

Who would play Clea and Dormammu (Im guessing Dormammu would be CGI).

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 10:00 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
Phoenix is a great actor but he has kind of weirded out over the years. With his faked retirement from acting to become a rapper and the very strange behavior over that period for the purposes of making a reality film type documentary on the experience.

Marvel does not want to deal with any more actors with emotional baggage after dealing with Edward Norton on the Hulk. My guess is they would likely pass on having to deal with him though he would be a decent choice for the role as a lot of the other rumored choices would be.

Who would play Clea and Dormammu (Im guessing Dormammu would be CGI).
That was a long time ago, I'm sure Joaquin Phoenix is fine now. However, he does have a unique situation, it appears he's not interested in doing blockbusters/franchises at the moment, due to seeing cinema as a form of art. And seeing how WB once approached him with the role of Lex Luthor in BvS and he turned it down, I'm inclined to believe that the rumour has some credence. Thus, it's easier said than done for Marvel to nail him.

As for emotional baggage, from what I've read, Marvel is the reason why Norton left, not the other way around.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
That was a long time ago, I'm sure Joaquin Phoenix is fine now. However, he does have a unique situation, it appears he's not interested in doing blockbusters/franchises at the moment, due to seeing cinema as a form of art. And seeing how WB once approached him with the role of Lex Luthor in BvS and he turned it down, I'm inclined to believe that the rumour has some credence. Thus, it's easier said than done for Marvel to nail him.

As for emotional baggage, from what I've read, Marvel is the reason why Norton left, not the other way around.
I read they couldn't get through s a single scene without him offering his two cents worth on it in addition to the writing credits and deleted scene hassle.

Every movie Norton on he is like this. Comments abound on him.

I remember Anthony Hopkins comments after dealing with him and ripping on method actors saying, acting is just a job why do you have to make yourself and everyone around you miserable while doing it.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

When was he not fine?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 01:36 AM
aleshemsky83

Yeah I don't understand the big deal surrounding Phoenix doing the "retirement" thing

It didn't pan out but he was clearly doing a character, what about that is baggage, Casey affleck told him to do it and he did it brilliantly

Unfortunately, the movie did so horrendously people confused that brilliant performance with actual insanity

aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 02:03 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Seems like everyone is playing Dr Strange. Starting to grow bored with the rumors.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 05:30 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I'm not sure, he has become so weird of late that I just don't know. Then again he still has given some good performances.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 05:32 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Seems like everyone is playing Dr Strange. Starting to grow bored with the rumors.
Marvel is just waiting to announce that I will be playing him...ohh crap you didn't hear that from me.

Old
08-29-2014, 07:49 AM
TheThrill81*
So Hot

I remember Robert Downey Jr.'s "emotional baggage" or "weirdness" not having any effect whatsoever on his performances as Tony Stark/Ironman.

TheThrill81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 08:08 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrill81 View Post
I remember Robert Downey Jr.'s "emotional baggage" or "weirdness" not having any effect whatsoever on his performances as Tony Stark/Ironman.
RDJ had become a "normal" person for some time before he played Stark and I don't think he went as far out on the ledge as Phoenix did. I guess only time will tell who gets the part.

Old
08-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

What's the deal with an actors personal life ? Is he fit for the role ? If so, then go for it.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 09:29 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Jack Huston FTW

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 09:32 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
What's the deal with an actors personal life ? Is he fit for the role ? If so, then go for it.
A messed up personal life can bleed onto the set and cause problems.

Old
08-29-2014, 11:48 AM
TheThrill81*
So Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
RDJ had become a "normal" person for some time before he played Stark and I don't think he went as far out on the ledge as Phoenix did. I guess only time will tell who gets the part.
Iron Man was the first blockbuster film of his career, and a big test of how he could handle the limelight post-rehab.

TheThrill81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
How did JP go out on a ledge? He has no known drug or mental issues, where as RDJ was an addict.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
...when he was playing a role?

People seem to be confusing acting crazy with being crazy. Gawsh, Jack Nicholson seemed to do okay after One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:10 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
...when he was playing a role?

People seem to be confusing acting crazy with being crazy. Gawsh, Jack Nicholson seemed to do okay after One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
I'm almost 100% sure that poster KNOWS the guy was playing the role and still can't wrap his head around the fact that the guy was PLAYING A ROLE

That tells you all you need to know about the guys acting chops

That or all you need for people to believe it's real is to just use your real name. Which explains reality television.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:15 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
I'm almost 100% sure that poster KNOWS the guy was playing the role and still can't wrap his head around the fact that the guy was PLAYING A ROLE

That tells you all you need to know about the guys acting chops

That or all you need for people to believe it's real is to just use your real name. Which explains reality television.
I know he says he was playing a role and all that but then again was it all a role?

Old
08-29-2014, 12:25 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
I know he says he was playing a role and all that but then again was it all a role?
What part of it do you think was not part of the role, the part where he retired and became a rapper?

The guy does a lot of ums and uhs and you knows when he does interviews, aside from that there's no reason to believe he shares anything with the character

Old
08-29-2014, 01:35 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Marvel Studios has today revealed two new additions to the cast of the upcoming series “Marvel’s Agent Carter.” “Dollhouse” star Enver Gjokaj will play Agent Daniel Sousa, while “One Tree Hill” star Chad Michael Murray will play Agent Jack Thompson. Both appear to be newly-created characters for the series. It is said that Peggy Atwell’s Carter will meet both characters when she takes on her new role at the SRR in New York City.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/31...michael-murray

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Well they made a film documenting it, the story was corroborated by everyone involved, he was normal in his appearances immediately following, and he's since gone on to make multiple quality pictures without incident, so I'm gonna say yeah.

Old
08-29-2014, 05:41 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Well they made a film documenting it, the story was corroborated by everyone involved, he was normal in his appearances immediately following, and he's since gone on to make multiple quality pictures without incident, so I'm gonna say yeah.
And one last thing, in the letterman interview the poster is probably thinking of, he actually takes off his glasses and breaks character as they're going to commercial, which apparently caused Casey affleck to lose it, so it's not like he was the character 24 hours a day