HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Big News" (TV lineup change) to be released on 8/25 @ 5PM

Old
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
FlyersCup08

vCash: 500
"Big News" (TV lineup change) to be released on 8/25 @ 5PM

This is more of a question, I turned on CSN and I guess a brief report had just ended, and for maybe 2 seconds I saw text that said the Flyers have "Big News" to be released on Tuesday 8/25 at 5PM I believe (this is on memory), and had video of Jeff Carter and cut to commercial. Did anyone else happen to see this? What do you think the 'Big News' is? Not a big deal at all?

Last edited by Opus: 08-22-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: change the thread title
FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:01 PM
turkinaa

J Bo part II?

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Can't be big news if I'm searching the internet and can't find anything on it.

And they normally don't announce official things at 5PM

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
This is more of a question, I turned on CSN and I guess a brief report had just ended, and for maybe 2 seconds I saw text that said the Flyers have "Big News" to be released on Tuesday 8/25 at 5PM I believe (this is on memory), and had video of Jeff Carter and cut to commercial. Did anyone else happen to see this? What do you think the 'Big News' is? Not a big deal at all?
Foppa II?

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:07 PM
TheTaekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Foppa II?
i would ****ing **** everywhere

TheTaekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 400
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Its not that big of news. They are announcing a TV lineup change starting soon.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:49 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Not that big of news?

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:52 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
If that's the case, I apologize for bringing it up, like I said I only caught the tail end and wanted to see what was up.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 07:14 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 400
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
If that's the case, I apologize for bringing it up, like I said I only caught the tail end and wanted to see what was up.
Yea there have been a bunch of commercials that say there announcing the new lineup on Tuesday at 5. I cant see too much of a change though, its Sports Night and then Phillies game.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Flyersguru

What much more can they do differently? DNL from 4-6, Sportsnight from 6-7 nightly?

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
What much more can they do differently? DNL from 4-6, Sportsnight from 6-7 nightly?
Could go with an hour DNL when there is a game that night and the a half hour of SN... followed by a half hour PreGame Show. Adding back the half hour to DNL on off nights -- still having the PGS even when the agme airs on another network... and adjust accordingly for starting times.

Back in the day, PreGamers were most always on the airing channels with the Flyers and Phillies -- not just the Eagles -- They would go around the league and recap/preview games, and comment on the standings and implications of trends, and look at possible things to come... go over league leaders and such. I feel that this has been missing, especially when there is now a cable network with a 24H/7D access; less infomercials and 'Top Ten All-Time Lists' and Hooters competitions -- Okay!, they can keep the Hooters stuff -- that are constantly re-aired.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

A new show:
"Michael and Ray take Philadelphia"
Michael Vick and Ray Emery spend a night on the town, visit the zoo, shop at the Gallery and venture across the river to Camden in CSN's new reality series. Tuesday's at 10, Philly sports fans will find out whose cheesesteaks they like better, who can reach the top of the art museum steps first, and watch them paddle a doubles scull on the Schuylkill. This dynamic duo will hit the clubs and maybe battle the thugs in this reality TV extravaganza. So tune in every Tuesday at 10 for this exciting new show.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 02:00 PM
UseYourAllusion

It had better be a change to an all Hooters format.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 02:18 PM
itstheroc87

eventually they are gonna have to add cn8 back to the hd line-up, im guessing a csn2.

itstheroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
It had better be a change to an all Hooters format.
I understand that it will be a continuous looping of *The Top Thousand Top Fifty Of All Time Lists*.

Old
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
I understand that it will be a continuous looping of *The Top Thousand Top Fifty Of All Time Lists*.
don't even joke about that.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheroc87 View Post
eventually they are gonna have to add cn8 back to the hd line-up, im guessing a csn2.
How can they justify a CSN2 when they don't fill the CSN Channel? They loop SportsRise all morning, and then go with Infomercials until a Noon update... and then again until DNL... and the rest of the non-game and non-special broadcasts are full of lower crap sports and sports shows (Best Damn Sports Show Period, etc.)... All the other CSN Channel could do is air the Flyers and Phillies at the same time in the brief overlapping periods, or the Flyers and Sixers when they overlap.

I do however like during the hockey season when they air the games from other CSN cities, in a mini-NHL type network... I could see them programming other CSN cities' shows more often.

Old
08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
don't even joke about that.
Joke?... Who's joking?

Old
08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
BWAVgal
#WarriorKing

vCash: 133
Just a lineup change. No info on it yet.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 03:58 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
How can they justify a CSN2 when they don't fill the CSN Channel? They loop SportsRise all morning, and then go with Infomercials until a Noon update... and then again until DNL... and the rest of the non-game and non-special broadcasts are full of lower crap sports and sports shows (Best Damn Sports Show Period, etc.)... All the other CSN Channel could do is air the Flyers and Phillies at the same time in the brief overlapping periods, or the Flyers and Sixers when they overlap.

I do however like during the hockey season when they air the games from other CSN cities, in a mini-NHL type network... I could see them programming other CSN cities' shows more often.
You do realize we're talking about the cable company's channels here...it isn't like some independent operation getting a cable company to put 'em up there. They can justify it very simply: we have broadcast rights to this stuff and want to broadcast it, so lets open up another channel and stick it on air...

This is significantly better than the channel providers forcing 15 channels on cable companies that 5 people total watch and withholding ESPN, MTV, whatever (that people actually watch) if the cable company doesn't do it...

Lots of unjustifiable crap goes on with cable TV...Comcast creating Comcast channels is pretty understandable.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You do realize we're talking about the cable company's channels here...it isn't like some independent operation getting a cable company to put 'em up there. They can justify it very simply: we have broadcast rights to this stuff and want to broadcast it, so lets open up another channel and stick it on air...

This is significantly better than the channel providers forcing 15 channels on cable companies that 5 people total watch and withholding ESPN, MTV, whatever (that people actually watch) if the cable company doesn't do it...

Lots of unjustifiable crap goes on with cable TV...Comcast creating Comcast channels is pretty understandable.
Justify may not have been the correct word... I agree.

You do realize that there is very little programming aired on an initial showing on CSN over a course of the day... Beside Infomercials that they are being paid to air, they show poker, mixed marshal arts, fishing, Hooters beauty competitions, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, Top Fifty MostXX/BestXX Moments, Yada Yada Yada... and very little conflicting sports events between the Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies, that were broadcast on CN8 when not on an Broadcast channel rather than the Narrowcast venue.

Yes, they can do whatever they like and charge themselves in-house, while bringing in sponsorship cash... My point was, and still is; what are they going to fill the added empty 24 hours per day with, other than the occasional overlapped games? Infomercials, minor sports, repeated sports shows, Hooters, and re-airings of their own sports shoes is what they will fill it with.

An alternate channel to place conflicting games on a limited narrowcast basis is suitable, IMO.

NOW... If they were to have a designated channel to air other CSN cities' programming, that I could see as being a welcomed addition to their Cable Sports Tier... And that is what I said all along, before I had to be challenged on the word, 'justify'.

But, it is all good.

Old
08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Are you in the correct thread? ... Or are you saying that that will be the content of the CSN "Big News" to be release on 8/25?

Old
08-22-2009, 05:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Are you in the correct thread? ... Or are you saying that that will be the content of the CSN "Big News" to be release on 8/25?
Nope Im in the right thread. Just hoping they dont say anything about Heatley

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Agree. I saw a Rangers-Capitols game last season when nothing else was on, it was a pleasant surprise.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote