HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

--2009 Traverse City Prospects Tournament (NYR finish 3rd)--

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
  #76
DGirardi5
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Sorry if this has been asked already but, Is there a limit on how many free agent signings you can have on your roster at this tournament?

DGirardi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:54 PM
  #77
bagh
Registered User
 
bagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
I was always surprised that another team never chose to start a similar tourney to allow more teams to participate.

A team like the Wild or the Leafs could do something like it. They would both have access to the facilities necessary to start such an undertaking. The Leafs definitely would have the capital.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
  #78
ManicSubsidal15
Registered User
 
ManicSubsidal15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
I was very excited to be able to watch this on NHL net only to find they're not doing it this year! Going on nhl.com and having Anisimov show up on every article involving rookies shows that NHL scouts think pretty highly of him and it makes me even more excited (and more annoyed with nhl net! lol) about this youngsters this season

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  #79
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagh View Post
I was always surprised that another team never chose to start a similar tourney to allow more teams to participate.

A team like the Wild or the Leafs could do something like it. They would both have access to the facilities necessary to start such an undertaking. The Leafs definitely would have the capital.
There are others, Traverse City is just the biggest and highest profile. The Leafs already have one in Kitchener. Teams involved this year are the Leafs, Penguins, Bruins, and Senators.

The Wild are part of Traverse City.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
  #80
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,275
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Julie...ament/99/22798

Quote:
Trevor Glass & Michael Del Zotto NYR Apparently these guys are the defense of the future in New York and I'd like to see what they're all about.

Chad Johnson NYR Surprised a lot of people last season by being named a Hobey Baker semi-finalist out of the University of Alaska Fairbanks in a very strong year for goalies...he's a big part of the reason they made the playoffs and advanced to the CCHA semis.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 02:49 PM
  #81
ManicSubsidal15
Registered User
 
ManicSubsidal15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
I feel like an idiot since i consider to know a good amount about most of our prospects or have at least heard their name but who the heck is Trevor Glass lol that name does not ring a bell at all. Is he a FA tryout?

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 02:53 PM
  #82
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,846
vCash: 500
He's an invite. No idea why that person thinks Trevor Glass is a big part of the Rangers future D, Del Zotto is the only big name on the list.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
  #83
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Sucks NHL Network isnt covering this like last year.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 03:17 PM
  #84
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's an invite. No idea why that person thinks Trevor Glass is a big part of the Rangers future D, Del Zotto is the only big name on the list.
Trevor Glass probably introduced himself to Julie Robenhymer as a "big part of the Rangers future". She's smokin hot.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
  #85
ManicSubsidal15
Registered User
 
ManicSubsidal15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
haha she deff is good looking. she was like ms new jersey or something like that

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 09:27 AM
  #86
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Mike Del Zotto, No. 20, 2008 -- Del Zotto, a returnee to the Prospects Tournament, skated in 62 games with the Oshawa Generals and London Knights of the OHL in 2008-09, registering 13 goals, 63 points and 78 penalty minutes. The two-time OHL All-Star finished the season ranked sixth among all OHL defensemen in scoring and assists and he also ranked fifth in the league with 32 power-play assists. In the postseason with London, Del Zotto, whose defensive partner was Washington Capitals top defensive prospect John Carlson, led the team with 16 assists and tied for fourth on the Knights with 19 points in 14 games.

"My goal is to make the New York Rangers, and I'm going to do everything it takes to come into camp and be ready and make the coaching staff take me on the team," Del Zotto said.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=497640

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
  #87
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,925
vCash: 500
Well everybody says that in camp. He just has a lot of older players to outplay to make the team.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 12:32 AM
  #88
SkerZ
LGR
 
SkerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Will this be televised on center ice package?

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:29 AM
  #89
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
Will this be televised on center ice package?
negatory

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 05:58 AM
  #90
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Love the last part of that quote. MDZ has been saying things similar to that all summer. I love this kid's determination to make this team.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 06:46 AM
  #91
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
1st NYR Traverse City Game today
Sun, 6 September 2009, 3 p.m.
NYR vs. Carolina


According to the schedule, the NYR will practice at 9:30 a.m. and take the ice for their first Traverse City game at 3 p.m. versus the Atlanta Thrashers.



Last edited by Osminator: 09-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:16 AM
  #92
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,846
vCash: 500
Leslie is going to be live blogging, isn't she?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:30 AM
  #93
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,729
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Here is our roster in Traverse City. Below is a recently voted list of the top NYR prospects within the organisation and the probable reason for them not participating.
Comments are welcome.


FORWARDS
63 * Daniel Bartek C 6.03 195 — Everett (WHL)
60 Ryan Bourque C 5.09 163 NYR-09 (3-80) USA U-18 (USDP)
57 Chris Chappell LW 6.04 212 — Saginaw (OHL)
58 Paul Crowder C 6.02 180 — Alaska (NCAA)
56 * Craig Cunningham LW 5.09 175 — Vancouver (WHL)
59 Evgeny Grachev C 6.03 202 NYR-08 (3-75) Brampton (OHL)
64 Roman Horak C 6.00 189 NYR-09 (5-127) Ceske Budejovice HC (Czech)
67 * Luke Pither C 6.00 194 — Guelph (OHL)
53 Justin Soryal LW 6.02 190 — Hartford (AHL)
55 * Luke Walker RW 6.01 175 — Portland (WHL)
65 Dale Weise RW 6.02 206 NYR-08 (4-111) Hartford (AHL)
61 Ethan Werek C 6.01 190 NYR-09 (2-47) Kingston (OHL)

DEFENSEMEN
47 * Mike Berube D 6.01 215 — Vancouver (WHL)
43 Michael Del Zotto D 6.00 188 NYR-08 (1-20) Oshawa (OHL)
48 Tysen Dowzak D 6.05 212 — Kelowna (WHL)
51 Mitch Gaulton D 6.00 210 NYR-08 (6-171) Erie (OHL)
70 * Trevor Glass D 6.00 187 — Spokane (WHL)
72 Samuel Klassen D 6.01 196 — Saskatoon (WHL)
46 Tomas Kundratek D 6.02 192 NYR-08 (3-90) Medicine Hat (WHL)
52 Daniel Maggio D 6.03 198 NYR-09 (6-170) Sudbury (OHL)

GOALTENDERS
96 Chad Johnson G 6.02 175 PIT-06 (5-125) Alaska (NCAA)
94 Scott Stajcer G 6.03 180 NYR-09 (5-140) Owen Sound (OHL)


TOP NYR PROSPECTS (according to HF Board poll) NOT IN TRAVERSE CITY

1. Artem Anisimov F - graduated
4. Bobby Sanguinetti D - graduated

5. Ryan McDonagh D – non elgible NCAA
6. Derek Stepan F – non elgible NCAA

7. Matt Gilroy D - overage
8. Chris Kreider F – non elgible NCAA
9. Michael Sauer D - graduated
12. Dane Byers F - graduated
14. Brian Boyle F – graduated
15. Corey Potter D - graduated

16. Nigel Williams D - graduated??
17. Ilkka Heikkinen D - overage
18. David Kveton F - overseas
19. Pavel Valentenko D - overseas

20. Brodie Dupont F - graduated
21. Carl Hagelin F – not elgible NCAA

22. Chris Doyle F – injured back
26. Matt Zaba G - graduated
27. Jordan Owens F - graduated

29. Max Campbell F - ?? not good enough
30. Tomas Zaborsky F - ?? not good enough
31. Mihail Pashnin D - overseas
33. Miika Wiikman G - graduated


Last edited by BBKers: 09-06-2009 at 07:44 AM.
BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
  #94
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Here is our roster in Traverse City. Below is a recently voted list of the top NYR prospects within the organisation and the probable reason for them not participating.
Comments are welcome.


FORWARDS
63 * Daniel Bartek C 6.03 195 Everett (WHL)
60 Ryan Bourque C 5.09 163 NYR-09 (3-80) USA U-18 (USDP)
57 Chris Chappell LW 6.04 212 Saginaw (OHL)
58 Paul Crowder C 6.02 180 Alaska (NCAA)
56 * Craig Cunningham LW 5.09 175 Vancouver (WHL)
59 Evgeny Grachev C 6.03 202 NYR-08 (3-75) Brampton (OHL)
64 Roman Horak C 6.00 189 NYR-09 (5-127) Ceske Budejovice HC (Czech)
67 * Luke Pither C 6.00 194 Guelph (OHL)
53 Justin Soryal LW 6.02 190 Hartford (AHL)
55 * Luke Walker RW 6.01 175 Portland (WHL)
65 Dale Weise RW 6.02 206 NYR-08 (4-111) Hartford (AHL)
61 Ethan Werek C 6.01 190 NYR-09 (2-47) Kingston (OHL)

DEFENSEMEN
47 * Mike Berube D 6.01 215 Vancouver (WHL)
43 Michael Del Zotto D 6.00 188 NYR-08 (1-20) Oshawa (OHL)
48 Tysen Dowzak D 6.05 212 Kelowna (WHL)
51 Mitch Gaulton D 6.00 210 NYR-08 (6-171) Erie (OHL)
70 * Trevor Glass D 6.00 187 Spokane (WHL)
72 Samuel Klassen D 6.01 196 Saskatoon (WHL)
46 Tomas Kundratek D 6.02 192 NYR-08 (3-90) Medicine Hat (WHL)
52 Daniel Maggio D 6.03 198 NYR-09 (6-170) Sudbury (OHL)

GOALTENDERS
96 Chad Johnson G 6.02 175 PIT-06 (5-125) Alaska (NCAA)
94 Scott Stajcer G 6.03 180 NYR-09 (5-140) Owen Sound (OHL)


TOP NYR PROSPECTS (according to HF Board poll) NOT IN TRAVERSE CITY

1. Artem Anisimov F - graduated
4. Bobby Sanguinetti D - graduated

5. Ryan McDonagh D non elgible NCAA
6. Derek Stepan F non elgible NCAA

7. Matt Gilroy D - overage
8. Chris Kreider F non elgible NCAA
9. Michael Sauer D - graduated
12. Dane Byers F - graduated
14. Brian Boyle F graduated
15. Corey Potter D - graduated

16. Nigel Williams D - graduated??
17. Ilkka Heikkinen D - overage
18. David Kveton F - overseas
19. Pavel Valentenko D - overseas

20. Brodie Dupont F - graduated
21. Carl Hagelin F not elgible NCAA

22. Chris Doyle F injured back
26. Matt Zaba G - graduated
27. Jordan Owens F - graduated

29. Max Campbell F - ?? not good enough
30. Tomas Zaborsky F - ?? not good enough
31. Mihail Pashnin D - overseas
33. Miika Wiikman G - graduated
For Max Campbell, He is in the NCAA so he is not eligable. He plays for one of the Michigan teams I believe.

As for Zaborsky, he split time between the AHL and the ECHL last season, I believe. I think that would make him "graduated"

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
  #95
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
For Max Campbell, He is in the NCAA so he is not eligable. He plays for one of the Michigan teams I believe.

As for Zaborsky, he split time between the AHL and the ECHL last season, I believe. I think that would make him "graduated"
Agreed. Good job on the list, though, BBKers - I think you got everyone else right.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
  #96
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,729
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
For Max Campbell, He is in the NCAA so he is not eligable. He plays for one of the Michigan teams I believe.

As for Zaborsky, he split time between the AHL and the ECHL last season, I believe. I think that would make him "graduated"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Agreed. Good job on the list, though, BBKers - I think you got everyone else right.
Thanx for the help - guys
I fixed this below
Man – would it be nice if we could boost all of our top prospects on one “Prospect team”. Interesting thought, though it will never be.
Oh well – Good luck today in Traverse City! Hope there are a couple undiscovered diamonds in the rough to be found on this team. That would Rock!


FORWARDS
59 Evgeny Grachev C 6.03 202 NYR-08 (3-75) Brampton (OHL)
61 Ethan Werek C 6.01 190 NYR-09 (2-47) Kingston (OHL)
60 Ryan Bourque C 5.09 163 NYR-09 (3-80) USA U-18 (USDP)
64 Roman Horak C 6.00 189 NYR-09 (5-127) Ceske Budejovice HC (Czech)
65 Dale Weise RW 6.02 206 NYR-08 (4-111) Hartford (AHL)
53 Justin Soryal LW 6.02 190 — Hartford (AHL)
57 Chris Chappell LW 6.04 212 — Saginaw (OHL)
58 Paul Crowder C 6.02 180 — Alaska (NCAA)
55 * Luke Walker RW 6.01 175 — Portland (WHL)
56 * Craig Cunningham LW 5.09 175 — Vancouver (WHL)
63 * Daniel Bartek C 6.03 195 — Everett (WHL)
67 * Luke Pither C 6.00 194 — Guelph (OHL)

DEFENSEMEN
43 Michael Del Zotto D 6.00 188 NYR-08 (1-20) Oshawa (OHL)
46 Tomas Kundratek D 6.02 192 NYR-08 (3-90) Medicine Hat (WHL)
48 Tysen Dowzak D 6.05 212 — Kelowna (WHL)
51 Mitch Gaulton D 6.00 210 NYR-08 (6-171) Erie (OHL)
72 Samuel Klassen D 6.01 196 — Saskatoon (WHL)
52 Daniel Maggio D 6.03 198 NYR-09 (6-170) Sudbury (OHL)
47 * Mike Berube D 6.01 215 — Vancouver (WHL)
70 * Trevor Glass D 6.00 187 — Spokane (WHL)


GOALTENDERS
96 Chad Johnson G 6.02 175 PIT-06 (5-125) Alaska (NCAA)
94 Scott Stajcer G 6.03 180 NYR-09 (5-140) Owen Sound (OHL)


TOP NYR PROSPECTS (according to HF Board poll) NOT IN TRAVERSE CITY

1. Artem Anisimov F - graduated
4. Bobby Sanguinetti D - graduated

5. Ryan McDonagh D – non elgible NCAA
6. Derek Stepan F – non elgible NCAA

7. Matt Gilroy D - overage
8. Chris Kreider F – non elgible NCAA
9. Michael Sauer D - graduated
12. Dane Byers F - graduated
14. Brian Boyle F – graduated
15. Corey Potter D - graduated

16. Nigel Williams D - graduated??
17. Ilkka Heikkinen D - overage
18. David Kveton F - overseas
19. Pavel Valentenko D - overseas

20. Brodie Dupont F - graduated
21. Carl Hagelin F – not elgible NCAA
22. Chris Doyle F – injured back
26. Matt Zaba G - graduated
27. Jordan Owens F - graduated

29. Max Campbell F – not elgible NCAA
29. Tomas Zaborsky F - graduated
31. Mihail Pashnin D - overseas
33. Miika Wiikman G - graduated


Last edited by BBKers: 09-06-2009 at 09:28 AM.
BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 09:57 AM
  #97
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Can we have a GDT for this for old time's sake? Or is there no way to even track it online?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:03 AM
  #98
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Can we have a GDT for this for old time's sake? Or is there no way to even track it online?
wasn't there some kind of a live scoresheet the last years, or am i mixing that up with something else?

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:04 AM
  #99
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Please tell me someone managed to hack a security cam in the building or something and will broadcast the game...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:08 AM
  #100
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
wasn't there some kind of a live scoresheet the last years, or am i mixing that up with something else?
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4658

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.