HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

what do you think?

Old
08-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
what do you think?

not a money problem but would you recommend a 14 y rold kid playing both 14 and under and 18 and under roller hockey in the same season. i am fine with him in 18under because he is playing with people he knows and has done it before but there has been fights/brawls and whatnot and he didn't get involved but still. he is a tough kid though.

your thoughts?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Why not. Let the kid play if he wants to. I doubt any 18u will try and fight a 14 year old, and if they do either they will(not your kid the 18u) will seriously get hurt because one of his teammates in my own experiences the biggest will come over and protect your kid, or several of his teammates will come over and protect your kid. When I was 17 in summer ice, my buddies little brother(I think he was 15) played with us, and a brawl broke out, and some tough ***** tried fighting the kid, guy was at least 20. His older brother and another guy go over and pummel the guy. An absolute beating. Don't worry about it. Your kid will be fine.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Why not. Let the kid play if he wants to. I doubt any 18u will try and fight a 14 year old, and if they do either they will(not your kid the 18u) will seriously get hurt because one of his teammates in my own experiences the biggest will come over and protect your kid, or several of his teammates will come over and protect your kid. When I was 17 in summer ice, my buddies little brother(I think he was 15) played with us, and a brawl broke out, and some tough ***** tried fighting the kid, guy was at least 20. His older brother and another guy go over and pummel the guy. An absolute beating. Don't worry about it. Your kid will be fine.
thats the way i feel about it but i guess its normal that its in the back in your mind. he knows a 4 kids on the team and they already said if something goes down they will be there in a second.

btw- the office is one of my fav shows, just started watching it

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote