HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Schedule

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 11:11 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Playoff Schedule

http://www.nhl.com/cupcrazy2004/playoffsked.shtml

**** ESPN! I've had it up to here with them already. The one series I'm looking forward to the most, Leafs vs. Sens, they're only showing one game of (Game 5) on espn 2. Thats the least of all 1st round series. ****ing San Jose-St. Louis gets four games and Leafs-Sens gets one!? What kinda BS is that?! :mad:

Sorry for ranting...kinda pissed off if you haven't noticed.

Old
04-04-2004, 11:40 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
http://www.nhl.com/cupcrazy2004/playoffsked.shtml

**** ESPN! I've had it up to here with them already. The one series I'm looking forward to the most, Leafs vs. Sens, they're only showing one game of (Game 5) on espn 2. Thats the least of all 1st round series. ****ing San Jose-St. Louis gets four games and Leafs-Sens gets one!? What kinda BS is that?! :mad:

Sorry for ranting...kinda pissed off if you haven't noticed.

I KNOW!!!! That's the only series I care about seeing. I'm telling you, it's because it's two Canadian teams. I don't think they showed ONE game on tv this year that two Canadian teams were playing each other.

ESPN SUCKS!!!!!

Old
04-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

That's why I have a Dish and the Hockey package.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:37 AM
303Joe

Gonna be some great series.

Top 4 series
1-Toronto/Sens have to figure its gonna be nthe best series as this is huge for both teams. Hard to believe one of these teams will be out in the 1st round.
2-Avs/Stars another great series out West.
3-Mtl and Boston I could see Mtl with the upset especially if Thorthon can't play because of the wrist.
4-Devs vs Philly think the Devs take this as Broduer will easily outplay either esche or Burke both have ben very shakey of late.
Of course I'll be in front of the set while in tampa and at the games for the isles/Tampa which I think the isles have a very good chance of winning. I know the regualr season is different than the post season but the isles play well in tampa beat them 3-1 this season ands have a 9-3 record over the last few years. The Isles match up well as Tampa is not a very physical team. Yes i know tampa had the best record in the Eastern conf. but I'm sure any of the teams in the top 6 would have had their record if they played Wash, Florida, Carolina and Atl 7 times a year. I think the Isles win in 6.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I KNOW!!!! That's the only series I care about seeing. I'm telling you, it's because it's two Canadian teams. I don't think they showed ONE game on tv this year that two Canadian teams were playing each other.

ESPN SUCKS!!!!!
You're absolutely right. It's because it's two Canadian teams playing each other. Ratings are lower in the States for this so ESPN doesn't play them as much.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:23 AM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
the hockey package will be useless for the Sens-Leafs series, it will only be on CBC. Its the only series that will get any ratings for CBC.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:27 AM
303Joe

The game will be on the..

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
the hockey package will be useless for the Sens-Leafs series, it will only be on CBC. Its the only series that will get any ratings for CBC.
Center Ice pack. Doesn't matter if its on CBC or TSN they have carried the CBC game all year.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
Center Ice pack. Doesn't matter if its on CBC or TSN they have carried the CBC game all year.

Yet another problem with the League...The average sports fan and sometimes hockey fan should not have to pay for the Center Ice Package to see the Playoffs. The Playoffs are the League's big-selling product, and they're shooting themselves in the foot. Most American average sports fans (at least, the ones that I have met) that don't follow hockey will tune into the playoffs at least a couple of times during the Playoffs.

I am really looking forward to a different network getting the NHL games after ESPN's contract expires.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:21 PM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
Well speaking from experience, any Saturday night game that CBC has on, be it Leafs, Sens, it is not even available on Express Vu Centre Ice package.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:25 PM
303Joe

I'm guessing you live in Canada..

Quote:
Well speaking from experience, any Saturday night game that CBC has on, be it Leafs, Sens, it is not even available on Express Vu Centre Ice package.
from the name on the pack you have. I live on Long Island and have the NHL center Ice pack and have not had a problem w/ getting the Sens or Leafs. I agree w/ Jet Ranger it is a problem the league is facing about not seeing the playoffs unless you get a hockey package.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:35 PM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
from the name on the pack you have. I live on Long Island and have the NHL center Ice pack and have not had a problem w/ getting the Sens or Leafs. I agree w/ Jet Ranger it is a problem the league is facing about not seeing the playoffs unless you get a hockey package.
Yes I am in Canada, Ottawa actually. CBC has most of the playoff games up here, or at least the more exciting ones and you don't need the hockey package to watch these games. During the playoffs, there are only a couple of series that are on the Center Ice package. TSN usually has alot of games as well.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

I haven't had a problem either. I've been able to see any game I wanted, including the Leafs.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
303Joe

Man it must be intense up in Ottawa...

Quote:
Yes I am in Canada, Ottawa actually. CBC has most of the playoff games up here, or at least the more exciting ones and you don't need the hockey package to watch these games. During the playoffs, there are only a couple of series that are on the Center Ice package. TSN usually has alot of games as well.
right now w/ this series coming up. The medis must be going crazy. Are they bringing up Alfreddson guarantee of a Stanley Cup at all? Who is the media picking is it split?

Old
04-05-2004, 08:00 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
Bastage, don't rub that in. I assume it's Direct TV right? How do you like it? Because I've heard bad things about it, but then also good things about it. I wanted to get it SO bad for this past season, mostly so I can watch the Senators, but also because I can sit here all day and watch hockey game after hockey game. And now I'm FREAKING out because I will only see one Leafs/Sens game because ESPN is the DEVIL, and anti-Canadian. ********.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
You're absolutely right. It's because it's two Canadian teams playing each other. Ratings are lower in the States for this so ESPN doesn't play them as much.
Sad thing is it will probably be the most exciting series of the first round. It's just not fair.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:51 PM
303Joe

I can answer about the Direct TV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
Bastage, don't rub that in. I assume it's Direct TV right? How do you like it? Because I've heard bad things about it, but then also good things about it. I wanted to get it SO bad for this past season, mostly so I can watch the Senators, but also because I can sit here all day and watch hockey game after hockey game. And now I'm FREAKING out because I will only see one Leafs/Sens game because ESPN is the DEVIL, and anti-Canadian. ********.

Sad thing is it will probably be the most exciting series of the first round. It's just not fair.
I got it when I moved in my house at the end of Dec. I always said to myself when I get a house I gotta atleast try the dish over cable which I had in the apts. I used to live in. I really have no problems at all. Never had a black out or fuzzy picture like alot of people say you get and we had some decnet snowstorms it didn't go out once. I got 3 boxes and dish hooked up for nothing along w/ 3 months of HBO free. It cost 49 39.00 for all the basic stuff you can name plus 5 per box. Hbo is 12.00 then any movie stuff after that is a dollar less. I got the Center ice when the price dropped in half. It was alot of fun to watch teams you don't see to much and you always had a game to watch most nights as you had the west coast game starting at 10:00 or 10:30. If you have a chance i would get it and atleast try it for a year. I got Direct TV over Dish Network as they have Yes. Only bad thing is you don't get Metro.

Old
04-06-2004, 08:11 AM
allrevvedup25

Quote:
right now w/ this series coming up. The medis must be going crazy. Are they bringing up Alfreddson guarantee of a Stanley Cup at all? Who is the media picking is it split?
Yeah, both Ottawa and Toronto's radio stations are ripping each other and also they have songs saying how bad each team sucks, its hilarious!!! Like on my way to work, there was a show on and the main topic of conversation was, "Do you feel ashamed if you were another teams jersey, when going to the Sens game, for example, wearing a Leaf jersey when the Sens are playing New York." I don't get to listen to the Toronto Radio Station but here in Ottawa, everyone cries about all the Leaf fans at the game. If the Leafs are playing in Ottawa, there is more of a Toronto crowd than Ottawa and the Ottawa fans are complaining about it.

This series will be the best of the playoffs!!!! I wish these 2 teams could meet in the Stanley Finals, this would get the people watching and put the ratings through the roof.

Closed Thread