HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congratulations Philly.

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Congratulations Philly.

It was a valiant effort by the Devils, but as the saying goes, too little, too late. So I must say, awesome job on the season guys, 101 to 100 was so close, but it's the burn we suffered last year eh? All the right moves were made as far as replacing players and your goalies' Esche and Nitty (when he played) were spectacular. We'll see ya 1st round. Good luck boys.

Old
04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Rex88

It seems like it is always tight with these two and I expect a seven game series.

Old
04-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
It seems like it is always tight with these two and I expect a seven game series.
Yeah guy, I expect 6 or 7 as well, I dunno about Esche though, hopefully he can suck it up, I want to beat Esche when he's on the top of his game, I want no excuses from either team, and a really good series! Although, excuses are bound to happen :p Just don't blow 3-1 leads okay? :p Whoa, before I posted this, we both had 327 posts......weird

Old
04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Yeah guy, I expect 6 or 7 as well, I dunno about Esche though, hopefully he can suck it up, I want to beat Esche when he's on the top of his game, I want no excuses from either team, and a really good series! Although, excuses are bound to happen :p Just don't blow 3-1 leads okay? :p Whoa, before I posted this, we both had 327 posts......weird
Esche has been a mystery, most of the year he was great except for one stretch in the middle of about five games and then this stretch, hopeful he can turn it around. I don't think this would be the team to blow a 3-1 lead either, I hope not.
I had about 300 posts as Rex8 and then could not get my password to work and went to 88 but I did notice the post numbers.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Teezax

In practice, the FLyers should plug all kinds of pucks from the blueline to get hom used to it, as far as i'm concerned, that's the only hint of weakness he's shown of late. That and the lack of confidence.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
In practice, the FLyers should plug all kinds of pucks from the blueline to get hom used to it, as far as i'm concerned, that's the only hint of weakness he's shown of late. That and the lack of confidence.
It's a good remedy, but it's not a game situation. I'm sure at some point, that happens at most hockey practices.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:54 PM
sinisalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I don't think this would be the team to blow a 3-1 lead either, I hope not.
Really? This Flyers team had a 9 point lead over NJ just a few weeks ago. If NJ had won at home on Sunday, they would be division champs...despite the fact the Flyers beat them the last 3 times they played each other.

Sunday against NYI, the only Flyers guys I saw skating were Johnsson and Primeau. To me it looked like the rest of the team was thinking about something else.

What has happened to Esche?
Where have Recchi and Leclair dissapeared to?
The PP is 1-35.
Yikes.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisalo
Really? This Flyers team had a 9 point lead over NJ just a few weeks ago. If NJ had won at home on Sunday, they would be division champs...despite the fact the Flyers beat them the last 3 times they played each other.

Sunday against NYI, the only Flyers guys I saw skating were Johnsson and Primeau. To me it looked like the rest of the team was thinking about something else.

The PP is 1-35.
Yikes.
Yes really.
Too much veteran depth at this point.
Also, with all the new faces and slumping goal tending, a losing streak could have been expected although not welcomed.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisalo

The PP is 1-35.
Yikes.
Really with all the KEY injuries and all the player turn around we are very fortunate to win the division.

Last edited by Coburnfan05: 04-05-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old
04-05-2004, 02:07 PM
donelikedinner

some of the slack play can be attributed to lack of chemistry. players are unsure of where each other are, therefore they can't attack the offensive zone with confidence. hopefully with a few more days of practice and film time, players will be ready to play with confidence.

Closed Thread