HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will you miss from Last Year's Ex-Rangers?

Old
08-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
OK, I'll say it: Renney.
Im glad you said it before I did SBOB. He is literally the one person Ill truly miss from last season.

The organization is going to miss his classiness and professionalism.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I move on to whatever team we put out there each year but I did like a couple of the guys we lost while they played for us.

Mara wasn't the most skilled player to ever grace a blueline but he played his heart out and was a great team player. His beard was bad ass, too.

Orr was a big goon but he was our big goon and he put on some great fights. I'm definitely going to root for him when he's fighting against teams that aren't the Rangers.

Betts and Freddy Sjostrings weren't going to light up the scoreboard but they were a huge reason our PK was so great.

But yeah, I agree with the sentiment that I root for the team and no so much the players. I'm not so much against reflecting about the bright spots from last year but I'm ready to move ahead and watch our team win some games this year.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
OK, I'll say it: Renney.
ill say that I will miss renny looking sharp and classy behind the bench

I love Tortorella but the guy always looks like drove to the games in a time machine from 93 and then took a few shots of Wild Turkey before he gets behind the bench

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Vitto79

off the top of my head

Mara- the beard and his desire to be a NYR

Morris- not much since it was a short time he was their, added depth

Betts- the PK, very reliable

Sjostrom, his speed and hustle

Orr- as many would say his punching people in the face

Gomez- watching him carry the puck in the zone, i wont go into what happened once he got in the zone cause that is what I wont miss

Naslund- true professional

Antropov- his size, too bad he wasnt around longer

Zherdev- the dangle. why did you not take the freaking 3.25 million

Korpikoski- see Sjostrom, great speed and hustle

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
I love Tortorella but the guy always looks like drove to the games in a time machine from 93 and then took a few shots of Wild Turkey before he gets behind the bench
Unfortunately, he acts like it too.

"Dont step on the Rangers logo in the carpet!

Also, dont mind me losing my **** and going after a fan during a playoff game!"

Im giving Torts a clean slate cause he walked into a tough situation, but right now, this is what I've gathered from his approach on 'accountability.'

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

Betts & Mara.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:14 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Im giving Torts a clean slate cause he walked into a tough situation, but right now, this is what I've gathered from his approach on 'accountability.'
say what you will but im not quite sure i mind the idea of a loose cannon behind the bench

one of the best coaches I ever had was the craziest ******* i ever met...the guy is probablly in jail/rehab/mexico by now but he sure got us to play some damn good hockey

Old
08-24-2009, 03:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
say what you will but im not quite sure i mind the idea of a loose cannon behind the bench

one of the best coaches I ever had was the craziest ******* i ever met...the guy is probablly in jail/rehab/mexico by now but he sure got us to play some damn good hockey
I think you saw the results of a loose cannon behind the bench during the playoffs last season.

08-24-2009, 03:28 PM
AXN

If Rangers won with last years group then they will definitely win with this years.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:28 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
I think you saw the results of a loose cannon behind the bench during the playoffs last season.
or we saw the effects of team with virtually no scoring ability trying to ride the coat-tails of an elite goaltender through a seven game series against one of the NHL's best offenses

in attempts to prevent this from turning into a(nother) Torts thread...lets just agree that the jury is still out on Tortorella

Old
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
or we saw the effects of team with virtually no scoring ability trying to ride the coat-tails of an elite goaltender through a seven game series against one of the NHL's best offenses

in attempts to prevent this from turning into a(nother) Torts thread...lets just agree that the jury is still out on Tortorella
I don't know, benching a key player do to lack of accountability and then losing your head and getting yourself suspended for a potential series-clinching Game 6 at home is hardly the way to lead a team.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
blue2noise

Quote:

He knows what he did

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
so cool, collected Renney would've gotten us to a game 7 we had no business being in?

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 04:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
so cool, collected Renney would've gotten us to a game 7 we had no business being in?
If he got to three shots at closing it out I truly believe he would have.

Old
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
I don't know, benching a key player do to lack of accountability and then losing your head and getting yourself suspended for a potential series-clinching Game 6 at home is hardly the way to lead a team.
agreed, but you'd have a hard time convincing me thats even amungst the top 5 reasons we lost that series...if thats indeed that point you're trying to make

Old
08-24-2009, 04:18 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:

I think that was awesome that he is enforcing that. It's a small detour to walk around the crest but it's a greta sign of respect.

I like those guys.

I remember Messier chastising the team cause he found a jersey on the floor.

I like that aspect of a leader.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
I have no doubt in my mind that a Renney led team would have suffered the same fate that this team suffered with Torts behind the bench.

And for all intents and purposes, this was a Renney team. The majority of the players that got bounced were players acquired under his leadership as Head Coach.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
he would've had to get to the playoffs AND gone up 3-1. Doubt he would have ever had the chance.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
he would've had to get to the playoffs AND gone up 3-1. Doubt he would have ever had the chance.
That's all speculation. The fact is this new coach in an amazingly hypocritical move managed to put his team at a disadvantage in a potential series clincher.

Accountability starts at the top.

Old
08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Prucha. I'll always love the kids energy night in and night out, which is why I have several of his autographs, a replica jersey, and his broken stick hanging on my wall.

Zherdev, he just has so much raw skill. Too bad I won't be able to watch him if he goes over seas.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Emptyvoid

Zherdev, like the past posters have said, just so much potential and raw TALENT....plus he's my rangers jersey (anyone know where i can send it to get it restitched?)

Gomez-His ability to get up the ice....and to watch Sting go onto hate rages against Gomez! (exaggeration but i'll surely miss those )

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

For me its gonna be Betts! His penalty killing, shot blocking and good face off percentage. Always gave a 100% on every shift and im gonna miss Betts. I hope he finds success elsewhere, he really deserves that!

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Sayba

i will still miss john davidson in the booth and will miss zherdev's talent that was sometimes the only thing worth watching last year.

Sayba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
darko

Colton Orr and his fists... hmm yeah that's about it.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'll miss

Markus Naslund: How soft a player he truly was. Be that age or style. Still pretty soft. Oh Yeah, I'll miss his goals.

Petr Prucha: I'll miss watching him get knocked off the puck when the defenceman sneezes to hard. Oh yeah, I'll miss his energy

Derek Morris: Sorry, will not miss him. A shell of what he once was when he first got into the league. Oh yeah, I will not miss him

Dmitri Kalinin: Who?

Nigel Dawes: I'll miss not knowing when he was out on the ice. Invisable more often than not. Oh yeah, I missed him again

Scott Gomez: I'll miss his inability to mesh with any player placed on his wings. From Jagr to Straka to Nazzy to Shanny. Oh yeah, I'll miss that he co-lead the team in scoring last year with 58 points. I'll miss that.

Colton Orr: I'll miss the fact that he was reigned in from doing his job which was to protect and intimidate. Oh yeah, I'll miss his skating

Blair Betts: I'll miss this offensive whiz-kid that decided that playing D gets all the girls. Oh yeah, I'll miss that he got WAY more ice time that he should have.

Freddy Sjostrom: I'll miss expecting more from this speed freak. Oh yeah, I'll miss the fact that standing at the end of a pier, he couldn't hit the ocean with a handfull of peas.

Paul Mara: I'll miss him taking a pay cut to play in NY for the shot at a bigger payday in another uniform. Oh yeah, I'll miss his booming shot missing the net by 6-7 feet to either side of the net.

Dan Fritsche: We had Dan Fritsche? Really? I missed that.

Like it or not, that pretty much sums up last years team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Are you sure your a Ranger fan because if you are I missed that!!Every player in the league has some flaw--this year we go to war with a new crop of players.
It is true that every player has his flaws but do boy oh boy did our players have a plethora of faults. You can still be a fan and just be disgusted with the teams that have been fielded err rather iced by the NYR management over the last 10 or so years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
If you don't like or didn't like any of them than why the hell bother posting in a "i will miss" thread.

Yeah we're so predictable we missed the playoffs....oh wait
Yeah we're so boring minnesota looks like detroit compared to us.
Yeah we're so soft we were definetly not on the top 5 most-hits team in the league......oh wait

You know it's people who complain about "softness" that i think wear the biggest pair of denial glasses,look at team like detroit,soft as a marshmellow and yet year in and year out cup contender.
Yes we have been incredibly predictable. Seven years prior the lockout until the lockout we missed the playoffs. The last three seasons we have stayed at sixth place and in the last two of those years we were almost out until a late season rally.

Last year we were not only soft but very under skilled (at best underutilized). Detroit may be soft compared to big boys like the Flyers but softness or not we are not even in same league compared to the success of detroit over the last 15 years. Also, we may not have been as boring as minnesota but we were very close.

To be a fan, especially a season ticket HD subscribing fan, and not to see a great team year in and out at the prices we have to shell out is disgusting. I understand you can not blast the Rangers every time they make a single mistake and still be a fan but the overall mediocre product that has been presented every year is at times upsetting.

I am hoping for the best next year but as annoying as it is to see fans on this site constantly bad mouthing the team it is equally annoying to see people who would have anything more than handful of things to say positive about last season.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote