HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Marleau refused to wavie NTC?

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2009, 03:36 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
people *****ing at players for refusing a trade when said player has a NTC

as for the validity of this rumour, well i have no idea. i would think if this story was even remotely close to the situation then we would have heard more about this. one thing that really bothers me is seeing twitter yet again with some sort of news in my opininon bloggers and twitterers shouldnt be considered real news sources

Old
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
A lot of people keep saying that Doug Wilson promised big changes... Can anyone provide a direct quote of him saying that?
no because all the people who are saying big changes want big changes, its not what wilson has said. not once this offseason.

he said anything is a possibility, which it should be. then a few weeks later (after they did the exit interviews) said thornton, boyle, and all the under 25 talent were safe.

so that left, goc, grier, moen, marleau, nabby, lemieux (was he even apart of the team), blake, ehrhoff, cheechoo, and the ahl fillers who wilson didn't tender contracts to. to be gone via trade or via free agency, or just brought back even though they weren't safe from trades.

Old
08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

vCash: 500
I don't see why people find this so hard to believe. The rumors of a Sharks / Senators deal was on more than Ek's site. Then they died down. Sounds quite possible to me. And I don't blame Patty for invoking it if it happened. His right. I believe he did recently say he wants his chance to prove his detractors wrong. He also said he would not even discuss his NTC. I see this as quite possible.

I also have a birdie who told me Marleau indicated he would not be going anywhere.

Thereís a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Itís a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Iíd take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old
08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
easy do you think this can be something that is faught at the next cba meetings? players want the olympics, owners don't. most gm's are against no trades, players are all for them.
That won't even get a sniff for the next CBA. If they wanted to go after something, it would be contract guarantees. They won't go after that either. Going for contract guarantees is in the territory of provoking a strike.

I wouldn't say GMs are against N?Cs, they want them when negotiating the money, but change their minds later. I do question the sanity of some who hand them out when in no way is the player taking a discount on the money.

I figure the Olympic issue will balance against rights retention on Euro prospects.

Old
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
And where does that say there will be big changes as you are saying?

There's no question that the ENTIRE team didn't step up and perform. Who knows. If they'd have gotten some production out of the bottom two lines to tie or win a game, maybe they would've found their stride. There was one goal scored by a player outside of the top 6. That was a goal by Cheechoo who was fed by Thornton and Roenick. Over a series, if you get a couple more goals from the 3rd/4th line players, the series is DRASTICALLY changed.
I can't think of another way to interpret "tough and painful". By rule Wilson can't have the coach bag skate them until training camp starts so logically he is referring to significant changes in the squad and shipping out a guy who many probably consider to be a lifer would be that.

Don't blame the role players because the whole team was outmatched physically by the Ducks and that is likely where Wilson's anger stemmed from.

Old
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I can't think of another way to interpret "tough and painful". By rule Wilson can't have the coach bag skate them until training camp starts so logically he is referring to significant changes in the squad and shipping out a guy who many probably consider to be a lifer would be that.

Don't blame the role players because the whole team was outmatched physically by the Ducks and that is likely where Wilson's anger stemmed from.
where was the ducks offense coming from when getzlaf, perry, and ryan were being held to 5 points in 3 games combined. (3 of the points being getzlaf's)

Old
08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

Closing this thread of nothing but speculation