HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Officially Sign Mathieu Schneider

Old
08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Macke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
I bet, unless he's playing absolutely lights out, that you'll see him scratched enough that he doesn't get those bonuses. Just like they did with Linden in his final year.
It's not like Linden deserved to be in the lineup anymore.. in fact he probably played too much that year than anything =/

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
It's not like Linden deserved to be in the lineup anymore.. in fact he probably played too much that year than anything =/

Well the team struggled with him out of the lineup that year, and he was still our top player in the shootout. Same can't be said about Naslund.

08-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Linden was clearly past his best before date and if anything should not have been re-signed for that last season.

When power forwards lose it they lose it fast.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Macke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Linden was clearly past his best before date and if anything should not have been re-signed for that last season.

When power forwards lose it they lose it fast.
Yes, no question.

I lost a lot more respect for Linden when he came back again after it was pretty clear the coaching staff didn't want him around.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Yes, no question.

I lost a lot more respect for Linden when he came back again after it was pretty clear the coaching staff didn't want him around.
Yet you were pleased to watch a $6M "captain" dog it on the ice for 3 years and then proceed to throw his ex-teammates under the bus by inferring that the system and his linemates were the reason for his decline in production? Only to record even worse production in New York a year later?

This isn't the time or the place to be bashing Linden or Naslund, but if you're going to continue with your Linden bashing at least don't have a double-standard with other players like Naslund.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 04:01 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Yet you were pleased to watch a $6M "captain" dog it on the ice for 3 years and then proceed to throw his ex-teammates under the bus by inferring that the system and his linemates were the reason for his decline in production? Only to record even worse production in New York a year later?

This isn't the time or the place to be bashing Linden or Naslund, but if you're going to continue with your Linden bashing at least don't have a double-standard with other players like Naslund.
This is exactly it. I could stomach the Linden bashing if Naslund was held to the same standard. It was very obvious after Naslund's season in New York that even if he did have good linemates in Vancouver, it wouldn't have made a difference. The guy was done in the same way Linden was done. Only difference was, even long after Linden was "done" he was still finding ways to elevate his game and help the team when they needed it most, something Naslund could really never seem to do.

...and so this isn't entirely off topic:

Yay Schneider!

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:04 PM
chris11inter

What exactly is this guys cap hit??? Nhlnumbers.com shows 1.55 Million... hockeybuzz shows 2.75

Any idea?

chris11inter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Fred Durst

I personally feel Naslund stoked the losing flames for the Canucks in his last few seasons in Vancouver. It was Linden that was pushing back against the negative "choking" mentality that Naslund brought to the table. Linden was a guy who had a Cup mentality - no questions asked. Deep down inside, many people questioned how much Naslund REALLY wanted the Cup. For Linden, it was evident - the Cup was his goal from game 1 until his last.

Fred Durst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

Hockeybuzz is right he has bonuses that add up to 2.75 if he gets them but there's some other stuff idk Wetcoaster is the expert.

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Durst View Post
For Linden, it was evident - the Cup was his goal from game 1 until his last.
Well, maybe not his last ....

Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 01:19 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana phone View Post
1.55 base.

1 mill in GP bonuses (no idea on the threshold).

100k for Norris, 100k for something else (maybe playoffs related).

2.75 total if he hits all bonuses.

www.capgeek.com
Capgeek confirms what I posted. I didn't know how the 1 million was broken down - here it is.

250k for 40 games
250k for 50 games
250k for 60 games
250k for 70 games

The key is he must average 15 minutes in every game.

http://twitter.com/capgeek

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana phone View Post
Capgeek confirms what I posted. I didn't know how the 1 million was broken down - here it is.

250k for 40 games
250k for 50 games
250k for 60 games
250k for 70 games

The key is he must average 15 minutes in every game.

http://twitter.com/capgeek
Thanks for that.

Over the last 4 years Schneider has averaged 68 games per season.

He hasn't played fewer then 55 games since 1996-1997.

It's safe to say that he'll likely get over 60 games this season but how many of those will he play over 15 minutes per game is another question.

If I had to guess I'd say he'll likely get to over the 60 game mark which means he'll get 750k in bonuses.

If he gets a serious injury then it all goes down the drain but from what we've seen over the last few years he is capable of playing over 60 games a season and I think that's what we could expect out of him.

I'm assuming that he'll get a few games where he wont get 15 minutes of ice time per game but I think he will still get close to 60 games where he'll play over 15 minutes a game.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Clarification - must average 15 minutes per game. I think its safe to say he'll do that.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote