HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

FHW 2009-10 Fantasy Hockey Draft Guide

Old
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Bigshot51

vCash: 500
FHW 2009-10 Fantasy Hockey Draft Guide

The Fantasy Hockey Wire folks just released their guide the other day. It's a pretty good read, and has some interesting articles that might be debated by a few fantasy junkies. The stats provided are catered more towards Yahoo! pools, but are still pretty solid. Easily one of the best online guides out there (and it's kind of how Dobber was a few years ago...under the radar) it's under www.fantasyhockeywire.com

Also, haven't found the Forecaster anywhere in the West yet. Don't know what's up with that.

Bigshot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
nellspot

It was pretty lame if you ask me.

They went through and picked some numbers for players. Thats about it.

nellspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 09:33 AM
IceBomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellspot View Post
It was pretty lame if you ask me.

They went through and picked some numbers for players. Thats about it.
Really? I've been searching for some fantasy sites the last few days, and came across this one yesterday. It looked pretty good with some of the content that they have up on the site, so I placed an order for one of their guides, and received it this morning.

Yeah, it doesn't have anything attractive to the eyes in terms of pictures, but they state that on their blurb online. I definitely thought it was well done and worth the money. It is way better than the one that the Hockey News has put out this year.

IceBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBomber View Post
I definitely thought it was well done and worth the money. It is way better than the one that the Hockey News has put out this year.

IMO the hockey news throws theirs out at the beginning of August so they can get a few sales off those itching for hockey again ... once forecaster and mckeen's comes out, their sales dwindle. it's generally pretty lame.....

Benji Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
IceBomber

I agree....it's disappointing because you expect more from a publication that dedicates itself to the sport.

At least there are other options out there now, especially online.

IceBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Bigshot51

Anybody seen McKeens out West? I just grabbed the Forecaster today, and grabbed the THN Yearbook as well...just get in some fall reading.

Online, I've only grabbed the Fantasy Hockey Wire guide so far.

Old
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Bigshot51

Okay.......still haven't seen McKeen's anywhere.

One thing about the Fantasy Hockey Wire guide.....the categories used for the player projections are catered to Yahoo! leagues.....(just mentioning that, as I see a lot of people are signing up for various drafts now).