HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs and Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
free up cap space and allow philly to try and go get another foward plus get plekanec a pick and metropolit which is a huge pk killer and a good fourth line grinder.

Gagne, Richards, Carter, Powe, Giroux and more can all kill penalties for the Flyers. You don't trade your first line wing because you need a fourth liner.

O'Bryne is a young D man they could keep and use after Jones leaves next season or if not dealt by trade deadline.

We have two or three guys in the farm system who look to be excellent prospects, even if 1 of the 3 make it to the NHL, we are set.

Gagne injury plagued free's his cap space and you can easily fill his spot. By the way did he not pull his groin at team canada camp today (yes!).

No, he said he tweaked it slightly and is fine, he just didn't want to go hard on it any further and risk a serious set back in his rehab from surgery. He is injury plagued? No, Rick Dipietro is injury plagued, Simon Gagne just isn't the man of steel. He was healthy pretty much the entire year last year.

P.S. You don't free up cap space by getting rid of one of your best contracts. You send Randy Jones to the AHL.

Philly could easily go out and get Dominic Moore to fill his spot, Manny Maholtra, or even trade the pick MTL gives you and send it to NYR and bring in a player like Dubinsky.

No. None of those guys are anywhere near the player Gagne is, even if we could get Dubinsky for a second rounder.

I fine this could help both teams and I like the deal. Its not lopsided.
Everyone else in the thread is wrong then. It's just you and the OP who see things straight.
Philly's foward are fine Plekanec would help them out a lot as well as Metro on the 4th line.
Blair Betts is out there as a UFA and is a better fourth liner than Metropolit. We have fourth liners anyway. And the only way Plekanec would help us out when you consider the loss of Gagne, is if the refs let us ice four forwards at a time.

O'Byrne would play more and better minutes than Jones. Again that pick could easily bring in Dubinsky from the rangers which he is a RFA right now.

O'Byrne wouldn't play more minutes than Jones. There are still four or five guys on the Flyers who are better defenseman than him.

Sweet! Another center, and with an offer sheet that won't have us overpaying in assets and salary. Genius!

NYR are trying to free up cap and bring in Heatley, Sundin, or Seidenberg.

They're going to need Dubinsky to trade if they want Heatley.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Here's how this trade could work...

To Philadelphia: Andrei Kostitsyn, and a 2010 1st round draft pick.
To Montreal: James Van Riemsdyk.
I still think it is a no go.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:

Done

Old
08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
mercury

Quote:

Why would we do that instead of just giving JVR a shot to make the team? If he makes the team out of camp, it's reasonable to assume he'd be performing at or better than Kostitsyn would be. If he doesn't, we'd have to shed another contract to fit Kostitsyn.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Garbage Goal

I don't think we're trading JVR for anything short for draft pick(s) and/or goaltending. Even then I doubt we're ever going to trade JVR. We're short of wingers in our prospect pool. JVR will be replacing a guy like Gagne once he's gone.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

If JVR goes to MTL, Halak ++ would have to come back to Philly.

P.S. What happened to the Lehtonen for JVR talks ?

Old
08-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Alternate trade...

To Philadelphia: Andrei Kostistyn, and Jaroslav Halak.
To Montreal: James Van Riemsdyk, and return salary.

Better?

Old
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post

Salary wouldn't work now. Plus since Emery is here it is a moot point.

Quote:
Alternate trade...

Better?
Yes, better.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Cleatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Salary wouldn't work now. Plus since Emery is here it is a moot point.
You shouldn't be so sure about Emery. The guy was terrible in his last year with Ottawa, and was an absolute locker room cancer.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:47 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
You shouldn't be so sure about Emery. The guy was terrible in his last year with Ottawa, and was an absolute locker room cancer.
Apparently the whole team had issues that season. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him when he hasn't played a game yet.

He was also solid in Russia. Hopefully he's matured a little and is ready to pick up a starting job in the NHL again. I like Halak, but at this point, acquiring him might not be necessary if Emery proves able.

Old
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Cleatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Apparently the whole team had issues that season. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him when he hasn't played a game yet.

He was also solid in Russia. Hopefully he's matured a little and is ready to pick up a starting job in the NHL again. I like Halak, but at this point, acquiring him might not be necessary if Emery proves able.
I didn't say to dismiss him. I'm just saying that he's not a sure thing. He's a talented goaltender, but he's got serious attitude problems.

Old
08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I am not so sure about him, but that's who the Flyers are going with, so trade proposals for Lehtonen go from being merely hypothetical to completely useless (to me anyway).

Old
08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Alternate trade...

Better?
I still see no reason to trade JVR. He could easily be a player for us this year. He is a 2nd overall pick. Even though where he was drafted doesnt mean much, and I am not a JVR lover, I would like to see how he plays. He could easily be a stud and worth more then those 2.

Quote:
I didn't say to dismiss him. I'm just saying that he's not a sure thing. He's a talented goaltender, but he's got serious attitude problems.
Homer feels he has changed. I am going to go with that for now.

Old
08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Another "Gong Show" of a thread. Damn.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
08-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Alternate trade...

Better?
Seriously?

Only on HF does a young, proven 20+ goalscorer get traded for a prospect with roughly the same potential. Oh and then we add Halak and take on a salary dump.

Old
08-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
Seriously?

Only on HF does a young, proven 20+ goalscorer get traded for a prospect with roughly the same potential. Oh and then we add Halak and take on a salary dump.
only on HF does JVR and Andre Kostitsyn have "roughly the same potential"

seriously, I don't even know which brother he is - is he the one that blows or the one who only just kind of blows?

Old
08-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Seriously?

Are you saying JVR has the same ceiling as Kostitsyn, or has a ceiling of 20+ goals?

Old
08-25-2009, 11:27 PM
phlocky

Quote:

this would never work because we can't squeeze AK in under the current cap. Even waiving or trading Jones doesn't help that much and it's certainly not enough for us to give up JVR.

Let me say this again for everybody and maybe you'll get it this time. Not even Chris Pronger, a REAL difference maker in the NHL, could pry JVR away from the Flyers. Our management is that high on him. If we had included JVR in the Pronger deal we probably could have kept Sbisa and one of the two 1st rnd picks (probably the 2010 1st). Thus, our management sees JVR as being worth more than Sbisa + 2010 1st rnd pick. Now concerning the original proposal, I personally wouldn't trade Sbisa for that package from the Habs let alone Sbisa + a 2010 1st (the combined value that our management sees as being less valuable than JVR alone). What makes anyone in the world think that we'd trade JVR for what is in reality garbage return???

Jones and his salary is a non-issue at thei point. We can put a 22-man roster together right now with Jones on the roster and still be under the cap limit. JVR would have to start the season i the AHL but when he's ready to join the Flyers THEN we will tradie/waive Jones to make room under the cap limit. If JVR looks good out of camp then Jones gets traded/waived right away, problem solved.

Old
08-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
only on HF does JVR and Andre Kostitsyn have "roughly the same potential"

seriously, I don't even know which brother he is - is he the one that blows or the one who only just kind of blows?
LMAO... no further comment needed

Old
08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post

That was last year at the trade deadline. To get him in under the cap Biron would have had to go the other way and Biron refused to waive his NTC so the deal fell through. After that, I'm not certain why the talks didn't continue after the season. Perhaps Atlanta decided that to keep Kovy they HAD to show a commitment to winning by resigning Lehtonen. They wanted to deal us Pavelec but there was no way they were getting JVR for him (I heard they still wanted JVR in the Pavelelc deal and Homer basically laughed, meaning he never considered it a realistic option and looked elsewhere for his goalie landing Emery). Once Emery was signed there was no longer an interest by the Flyers in obtaining and of Harding, Pavelec, Halak, or Schneider (for the right price yes but we were happy with our goalie and weren't going to pony up the asking price for any of these guys right now).

Old
08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Are you saying JVR has the same ceiling as Kostitsyn, or has a ceiling of 20+ goals?
I see Kostitsyn having an offensive ceiling as 1st line L/RW with 35 goal potential in his prime. I'm sorry if I offend you by not seeing 40+ goal potential in JVR either.

Old
08-25-2009, 11:37 PM
phlocky

Quote:
If Emery doesn't work out then we'll likely make a trade with the Islanders for Biron again. We'll pay them probably someone like Bourdon/Maroon or even (gasp) Marshall (it would kill me if we had to give him up to get Biron back). Biron and Emery are at about the same cap hit and both signed for just 1 year. Mark my words, if Emery doesn't work out we'll bring Biron back again. He has proven that he's at least and average goal tender and that he IS good enough to wi with this team in front of him (and we are even better this year with Pronger).

Old
08-25-2009, 11:47 PM
mercury

Quote:
I see Kostitsyn having an offensive ceiling as 1st line L/RW with 35 goal potential in his prime. I'm sorry if I offend you by not seeing 40+ goal potential in JVR either.

Andrei is 24 years old and averages 20-25 goals per season. I could see him hitting 30 a couple of times with a good playmaking center, but his upside is not equal to JVR's.

Old
08-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I'm not offended, I was just wondering which of the two things was what you were saying.

Old
08-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Cleatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If Emery doesn't work out then we'll likely make a trade with the Islanders for Biron again. We'll pay them probably someone like Bourdon/Maroon or even (gasp) Marshall (it would kill me if we had to give him up to get Biron back). Biron and Emery are at about the same cap hit and both signed for just 1 year. Mark my words, if Emery doesn't work out we'll bring Biron back again. He has proven that he's at least and average goal tender and that he IS good enough to wi with this team in front of him (and we are even better this year with Pronger).
LoL, why Biron? Were you being saracastic? Harding or Lehtonen would be much better options, and they're realistically obtainable.

Closed Thread