HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Legion: Viewing Party 04/08/2010!

Old
10-29-2009, 09:35 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I got Robbie Nieds...but I'm glad I didn't rush to line up at the doors beforehand since I got in leisurely at around 6:20 and they were still selling the last mystery pucks. Most of the crowd didn't get there till after the opening faceoff anyway.

It heard to know what will happen with mystery pucks. Its better to be safe than sorry I say. I was surprise this time around though with mystery pucks and not a whole lot of people there early but I am sure the rain was a big factor even though it stopped around 4.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Cowbell232

I think after the last Mystery Puck night a lot of people were left with a bad taste in their mouth.

This one was run beautifully. They were counting people getting in line to cut it off (which they didn't have to), you handed cash to one person, got change if you needed, and then were handed a puck by a players' wife/girlfriend and kicked out of the line.

There was A LOT of early people getting Elias's, Brodeur's, and quite a few Parise's. A very well run showing by the Devils!

I hope they do some more through out the year for other charity events!

Old
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I think after the last Mystery Puck night a lot of people were left with a bad taste in their mouth.

This one was run beautifully. They were counting people getting in line to cut it off (which they didn't have to), you handed cash to one person, got change if you needed, and then were handed a puck by a players' wife/girlfriend and kicked out of the line.

There was A LOT of early people getting Elias's, Brodeur's, and quite a few Parise's. A very well run showing by the Devils!

I hope they do some more through out the year for other charity events!

I made the mistake of being the first one to get puck. I heard you could keep gettnig back online and they didn't stop you lol.

Old
10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I made the mistake of being the first one to get puck. I heard you could keep gettnig back online and they didn't stop you lol.
Towards the end, with about 15 minutes before the game started, they kind of just let whoever keep buying them to sell them out. I don't blame them. If there was 500 people in line, they would NOT have let that happen.

Again, I really, really want to see this again.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:30 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Towards the end, with about 15 minutes before the game started, they kind of just let whoever keep buying them to sell them out. I don't blame them. If there was 500 people in line, they would NOT have let that happen.

Ya as long has it keep being run smoothly.

Old
10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:

By the time I had gotten into the game and was registering, there were no more pucks left. That was around 6:40.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Mike DYG

I got Zubrus and Halischuk.. Kind of disppointed..

Also disapointed in the costume contest.. Especially in the Kid catergory, one kid came as Brodeur in goalie gear and stuffed a fake Ranger and put Avery's face on it and acted like he was beating him with his goalie stick..Very creative and probably not explaining it well enough to get the point across.. But they give the kid with the generic costume bought from the store as a headless horseman.. Dissapointing to say the least..

The adult one was the same.. Generic teen wolf costume wins it.. When we got our mystery pucks all the Devils wives and girls LOVED my girls costume and wished her to win.. Was made at home and very creative but they chose generic in the end.. Wish the girls got a chance to vote.. If they did, we would be in the suite.. Sucks but whatever..

Mike DYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
By the time I had gotten into the game and was registering, there were no more pucks left. That was around 6:40.
Maybe it was 25 minutes?

Whoops.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike DYG View Post
I got Zubrus and Halischuk.. Kind of disppointed..

Also disapointed in the costume contest.. Especially in the Kid catergory, one kid came as Brodeur in goalie gear and stuffed a fake Ranger and put Avery's face on it and acted like he was beating him with his goalie stick..Very creative and probably not explaining it well enough to get the point across.. But they give the kid with the generic costume bought from the store as a headless horseman.. Dissapointing to say the least..

The adult one was the same.. Generic teen wolf costume wins it.. When we got our mystery pucks all the Devils wives and girls LOVED my girls costume and wished her to win.. Was made at home and very creative but they chose generic in the end.. Wish the girls got a chance to vote.. If they did, we would be in the suite.. Sucks but whatever..
I was very disappointed with the contest this year. I understand them not picking someone with an opposing teams jersey on to win, I get it, but seriously, a puck bunny was quite funny and amusing I thought. But then again, when you have to explain to the judges what your costume means, and even to some of the other employees, I don't know which is a bigger failure.

Seriously, you work for a hockey team and you don't know what a "puck bunny" is?

What was your girl Mike?

Old
10-29-2009, 10:36 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Maybe it was 25 minutes?

Whoops.
I didn't even realize the time you said, I was just saying they were gone when I got there.

Old
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Mike DYG

Quote:
I was very disappointed with the contest this year. I understand them not picking someone with an opposing teams jersey on to win, I get it, but seriously, a puck bunny was quite funny and amusing I thought. But then again, when you have to explain to the judges what your costume means, and even to some of the other employees, I don't know which is a bigger failure.

Seriously, you work for a hockey team and you don't know what a "puck bunny" is?

What was your girl Mike?
She was a "Deviled" egg... She made a very large egg with the yolk and olive, paprika.. the whole nine yards.. Put the faces of Clarkie, Brodeur, Zajac, Parise, Elias, Jamie..And a Huge Devils logo on the back and wore the Devil horns.. Probably not making it sound as good as it was, but it was really creative and well done.. And it was HOME MADE!! Not some generic garbage.. I would have a problem even if someone like yourself won.. Something homemade and creative.. But they just failed on all accounts last night..

Old
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
She was a "Deviled" egg... She made a very large egg with the yolk and olive, paprika.. the whole nine yards.. Put the faces of Clarkie, Brodeur, Zajac, Parise, Elias, Jamie..And a Huge Devils logo on the back and wore the Devil horns.. Probably not making it sound as good as it was, but it was really creative and well done.. And it was HOME MADE!! Not some generic garbage.. I would have a problem even if someone like yourself won.. Something homemade and creative.. But they just failed on all accounts last night..
I just her on the website, very cute idea! And that's exactly my point, I guess next year I'll buy something super expensive and see if I win!

http://devils.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=9758

Old
10-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Ahhh that's what that was! I got a quick glimpse of that on the concourse, I couldn't tell it was an egg though, that's pretty good.

My favs were the Crosby kid and the kid with the Clarkson jersey on with the Avery ragdoll.

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Mike DYG

Quote:
I just her on the website, very cute idea! And that's exactly my point, I guess next year I'll buy something super expensive and see if I win!

Yeah thats her on pics 54 and 55.. They had to take 2 pics to get the front and back..

Old
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Mike DYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Ahhh that's what that was! I got a quick glimpse of that on the concourse, I couldn't tell it was an egg though, that's pretty good.

My favs were the Crosby kid and the kid with the Clarkson jersey on with the Avery ragdoll.
Lmao yeah.. We couldnt sit with it or walk with it.. So she had to only take the pics and take it off.. It sucked though becuase we sat in the club seats and had walk around with this thing and couldnt really enjoy the club food and drinks.. Which by the way were not that great.. The club seats are way overated and no where near worth $250..

I agree those 2 kids were the best

Old
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Hahaha I must admit pic # 8 of the guy with the bloodied Ranger jersey with all the stuff going thru his body is very funny. That and the guy who dressed up as the whoopie cushion! Pretty lame though that from what I heard, they didn't really do a good job judging the contest, but made sure they posted all the pics on their website. That's too bad, cause they had some really good costumes.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 11:14 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:

WOW all those customs and those are the ones they picked last night .........I thought there were going to be two winners last night. You know one kid/Adult.

Old
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
WOW all those customs and those are the ones they picked last night .........I thought there were going to be two winners last night. You know one kid/Adult.
There were, the kid winner was the headless horseman.

Quote:
It heard to know what will happen with mystery pucks. Its better to be safe than sorry I say. I was surprise this time around though with mystery pucks and not a whole lot of people there early but I am sure the rain was a big factor even though it stopped around 4.
Thing is I wasn't even expecting to get one, I figured it wasn't worth it to show up an hour and a half early with an insane line going myself to a weeknight game with nothing else to do before the game. Did that once last year and got lucky with Elias.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Ds88

I ended up with a Parise puck, but I traded it to some guy for a brodeur one first time around. Second time I got a Rolston which I traded for Andy Greene.

Ds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds88 View Post
I ended up with a Parise puck, but I traded it to some guy for a brodeur one first time around. Second time I got a Rolston which I traded for Andy Greene.
Okay so you can Trade your Greene for my Mottau

Old
10-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
I should have worn my costume from last year, definitely would have won.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Game Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Devils Legion

Photos

Devils Legion pics from October:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=8485

Devils Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
CJ made it - so did 179 I think...

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Devils Legion

Just a note to anyone who is attending tomorrow's game against the Isles, look for our in-game hostess Kim outside the Fire Lounge (before the game) and share your favorite memories from the 2003 Cup run with her. Your testimonial might make the big screen or the website sometime soon.

Devils Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 09:01 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Legion View Post
Just a note to anyone who is attending tomorrow's game against the Isles, look for our in-game hostess Kim outside the Fire Lounge (before the game) and share your favorite memories from the 2003 Cup run with her. Your testimonial might make the big screen or the website sometime soon.
The memories!! I have quite a few...and loved every minute of 2003!