HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammalleri Ready For Montreal Challenge

Old
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Gotta like Cammy and his attitude. This guy is a health freak, and I think his attitude and reputation around the league points to that. I really think it's one of the main reasons Gainey targetted him as soon as July 1st at noon.

The guy seems to be eager to be a difference maker. We'll see what happens this year, but it definately smells good!

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:40 PM
mrgerry*

I thought this was a little insulting to Montreal in general.

Take notice at around 3:08/9:20...

Landsberg: If Scott Gomez, is still a New York Ranger, are you a Montreal Canadien?

Cammalleri: I don't know.

If he truely wanted to play here, it would be regardless if Gomez was here or not.

I would rather, have seen him reply with...Scott Gomez in Montreal helped my decision, but I would have signed with Montreal regardless.

mrgerry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgerry View Post

Landsberg: If Scott Gomez, is still a New York Ranger, are you a Montreal Canadien?

If he truely wanted to play here, it would be regardless if Gomez was here or not.
Would you sign with a team that has Plekanec and Lapierre as your number 1 and 2 centers?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Drive425

He sounds and acts like "C" material. I'd go with 3 Alternate captains this year and award the C the following year.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Would you sign with a team that has Plekanec and Lapierre as your number 1 and 2 centers?
Since Plekanec didn't even have a contract on July 1 (even if he was an RFA), we would have been trying to lure free agents to Montreal with the prospect of playing with Maxim Lapierre on our top line...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
If I really wanted to play with Montreal, then I would not care who my first two centers.

Old
08-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Drive425

Quote:

I would rather, have seen him reply with...Scott Gomez in Montreal helped my decision, but I would have signed with Montreal regardless.
I think he answered correctly. Following that path would just lead to more speculative questions which could only end badly. He answered the only way he could.

Old
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Habs

Quote:

This is pro sports son, there are no real desires or loyalties. If the money is right, the players are in.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
TankEller*

Quote:

Nooooooo! He sure came to Montreal because he was too eager to deal with the medias, the fans who pitch their players all kind of craps in the playoffs/who are booing a 21 years old sophomore goaltender, and to be sure his family loses every bit of private life they had in the last few years...

No, seriously, get off your big horses. There are many factors helping a UFA to sign for a particular team, and Cammy's decision was based on:

- The prospect of having Gomez to center him at some point in his five years here
- The quality of our puck-moving d-men
- The prospect of playing in an hockey city

Just don't fool yourself, there's absolutely nothing positive to say about our fanbase after the debacle of the last playoffs.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Quote:
If I really wanted to play with Montreal, then I would not care who my first two centers.
when players sign long term they want to know they have a chance to win

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:52 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Nooooooo! He sure came to Montreal because he was too eager to deal with the medias, the fans who pitch their players all kind of craps in the playoffs/who are booing a 21 years old sophomore goaltender, and to be sure his family loses every bit of private life they had in the last few years...
I don't think he cares at 6 Million per season. I would have the media live in my house every sunday, if I was earning that kind of cash.

Old
08-26-2009, 02:56 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I think he answered correctly. Following that path would just lead to more speculative questions which could only end badly. He answered the only way he could.
So if he had said, he would have signed in Montreal regardless. That would have made more speculative questions? Really?

Old
08-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
I don't think he cares at 6 Million per season. I would have the media live in my house every sunday, if I was earning that kind of cash.
Not in Montreal.

If you forgot to wash your hands after going to the bathroom it'd make the front page of La Presse and Jacques Demers would cry on air asking for the days of old.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
This is pro sports son, there are no real desires or loyalties. If the money is right, the players are in.
You're right, so he should have answered by saying. I singed in Montreal, because they offered me 6 Million a season, for 5 years. Might as well be honest, no?

Old
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Landsberg is a complete ass hole
Bah, he's not that bad, what I like about this interview though is the composure and fast talk of Mike, he just seems like a great guy, always smiling, and, while it might not be right, I really like the elbow at the beginning, just shows how feisty he can be

Can't the pre season begin already ?!

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh, right !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Not in Montreal.

If you forgot to wash your hands after going to the bathroom it'd make the front page of La Presse and Jacques Demers would cry on air asking for the days of old.
Campari ne lave pas ses mains!

Because Demers is an idiot and doesn't know how to say Cammalleri.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I've definitely warmed to seeing Cammalleri here given his recent comments.

That said, looking at his numbers, I'm not sure why he isn't at the Canada Orientation Camp. Definitely deserved a look, even though he probably would not have made the team.
He is better than he was made to look last season. Will excel in Montreal. Depending on PP Montreal able to put together, look for potential top 10 in league scoring. Good acquisition by the Habs.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13leafs01 View Post
I think he should be working hard.....i mean considering his size and the size of the defense that the East carries......not to mention Toronto's d-core....he going to get banged around a lot

He's got to be in good shape to stay injury free.......cause if he gets injured the Habs take a huge hit offensively. Cause if you think Gomez is going to put up the points your mistaken.

Looks to be an exciting season for everyone. Leafs fans are chomping at the bit too......training camp cannot come sooner.
By your logic, Eric Dazé has never been injured before.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Habs

Quote:
You're right, so he should have answered by saying. I singed in Montreal, because they offered me 6 Million a season, for 5 years. Might as well be honest, no?
Yeah, but the only time they are really honest is when they are on their way out of town.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
By your logic, Eric Dazé has never been injured before.

Yeah and Lindros is still tearing the league up.

As long as Cammalleri keeps his head up, he's fine and you're taught that as soon as you're introduced into hitting at like age 10.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

As long as Cammalleri keeps his head up, he's fine and you're taught that as soon as you're introduced into hitting at like age 10.
Ha yeah but you see alot guys who like to dangle ALWAYS get caught with there head down must come straight out of the euro leagues

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Biggsy

I am glad to see all these new recruits are ready to go, I just hope Cammalleri can put up the same #'s as last year definitely needs to play with a guy that will feed him the puck alot

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I think you're just trying to look for a flaw here...and it's pathetic.

Why in God's name would he absolutely sign here if the team is pure crap??..How does this make any sense for a player that wants to win?..
He isn't a Montreal native so why would you even expect him to want to play here regardless of how the team looks?..
Makes 0 sense.

Why would he sign here on a crap team if he gets similar offers from better teams??..

Seriously, your criticism is beyond ridiculous on that one..
If a player wants to win, it's only normal for him to decide to play on a team that's interesting especially if he doesn't have any personal linked to a city.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Drive425

Quote:
So if he had said, he would have signed in Montreal regardless. That would have made more speculative questions? Really?
Yes it would've. You have to understand the reporters goal in asking that type of question. You are looking at it from a fans perspective which is not objective. He answered the best way he could. The guys in a new city, on a new team, just signed his mega million deal and is happy to be with the Habs. What more do you want? Hyper sensitive Habs fans need to take a step back.