HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Raises for notable 2010 RFAs

Old
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
So, your saying hes closer to Troy Brouwer than Buff?
Wow..really. I'd take Lucic 1000 times over these guys.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Hanson95

Less for Pavelski, More for Lucic. He = Godly

Hanson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Zim

Unless Lucic takes a discount he's going to be looking at around $2.75 million for 2-3 years.

Zim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
bumperkisser

Jonas Hiller n Bobby Ryan? what you guys think

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw! View Post
lucic isnt going to get more than 3 mil

he has yet to even score more than 20 goals in a season man, be serious. hell krecji is only getting 3.75 mil and he got 75 points last season, thats double what lucic got....
That's what people said about Scott Hartnell as well and look how it turned out. He got 4.2 mil from the Flyers.

I agree with the guy who sais that you can't teach size , character and grit. Lucic is also young and still has a lot of room to improve offensively. The guy got 42 pts last year at 21 so i think we can safely assume that he has the potential of a 30-30 guy or even more.

I think he is clearly worth 4m and i'm saying this as an Habs fan.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
What kind of raises can these guys expect?

Derick Brassard-1.5-4M (could be a big year for him)
That's actually lower than my estimate, but I was attempting to be pessimistic. I had Brassard at 4.5M, Russell at 3.5M, and one of Boll or Dorsett at about 900K.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob116 View Post
NO WAY Backstrom get's that kind of money on the open market. If he does, it will be from one of the usual suspects (you know who I mean).

See Marc Savard. He makes 5M, and he did it for many years on a worse team (with a similarly gifted scorer on his line). Their numbers are VERY comparable, the only difference is the hype they've had coming into the league. Handing Backstrom that kind of money could land a team with a Gomez-type albatross hanging around their neck - he hasn't proven enough, and could very well be a 50-point player without the best goalscorer of the decade (and arguably two decades) on his wing.
Gaborik just signed for more than that much and he has never scored as much as Backstrom has the last few years. Just cause Savard has a great deal dosent make him the standard, more like the exception. I really dont see him getting under 6 mill anywhere including WAS, I think he gets something over 6.5 mill a year. And he should.

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Jimgrayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Jonas Hiller n Bobby Ryan? what you guys think
Hiller is a UFA. A lot could change with not only our goalie situation, but across the entire league over the season. His performances could drop right off. Too difficult to call I'd say

Ryan I expect to range from 4m up to 5.325m (Getz & Perry number) and in reality I think we're looking at the higher end of that scale

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Wow..really. I'd take Lucic 1000 times over these guys.
Yeah? Well, Buff makes 3 million a year, to think Lucic doesnt start closer to 4 million a year, but near 1.75...Brouwer country, is short changing the guy, indeed.

I could see somebody poaching Lucic considering the cap uncertainty the Bruins have.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Add D. Girardi-2-3.5 mil per

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Jonathon Quick is a RFA, but i don't expect him to sign a long term deal, more like a 2 year deal somewhere around 1.5-2.5 per year unless he just turns into Brodeur out of nowhere...

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Mukluk*

I think instead of everybody trying to benchmark, it should be more about the current player market and salary cap. They push each others salaries down, not up.

Mukluk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgrayson View Post
Hiller is a UFA. A lot could change with not only our goalie situation, but across the entire league over the season. His performances could drop right off. Too difficult to call I'd say

Ryan I expect to range from 4m up to 5.325m (Getz & Perry number) and in reality I think we're looking at the higher end of that scale
agree with both!

(i posted for Ryan already)

c4rcy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgrayson View Post

Really? You think so? Itd be nice if Anaheim could implement a "Getzlaf cap" with the Ducks forwards for the time being. Steal of a contract for Getzlaf there.

On a side note, I know this is a discussion board, but this is a difficult topic. The potential for some of these guys to surprise (either in a good or bad way) is so great. Lucic? Byfulgien? Perron? Wheeler? Letang? I mean, these guys could meddle in 40 point land...hell, some of these guys could be looking at the 30s - its not unheard of by any means. But on the other hand, look at Krejci. Not a regular the previous season, who barely tabs a .5 PPG rate, and all of a sudden hes a 70+ point guy. So much changes with these young guys seemingly overnight.

Last edited by detredWINgs: 08-26-2009 at 06:55 PM.
detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Flyers Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Pronger D PHI View Post
cam ward to flyers...1 billion dollars, whatever it takes
Good idea.

Flyers Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I'd rather Lucic than Krecji - and I would gladly pay him 5 million over a long term to get him. You can't teach size, grit, character and skill.
Neither monkeyness.

Last edited by DeVries*: 08-26-2009 at 07:41 PM.
DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Jimgrayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Really? You think so? Itd be nice if Anaheim could implement a "Getzlaf cap" with the Ducks forwards for the time being. Steal of a contract for Getzlaf there.
It's a bargain of a contract, no doubt. This is a bit of a summary of the two players, Getz on the day he signed his extension (Nov 20th 2007) and Ryan now. (All stats regular season)

Getz Ryan
Games 158 81
Points 118 67
PPG 0.75 0.83
ESP/60 2.00 2.37
PPP/60 6.59 6.97

From that you can say Ryan has actually produced faster than Getzlaf but bear in mind Ryan spent more time in juniors and so had a more rounded game by the time he got a full time place on the roster whereas Getz was up and down a bit and played most of the season that began when he was 20, Ryan didn't hit the roster full time until he was 21. Also when Getz signed his extension he also had a cup ring and had lead the ducks in scoring during the cup run. That's quite nice to have on his resume

I'm more than aware that ppg isn't everything but I think Ryan would be hard pressed to argue he's worth more than Getz

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Alistar

as it just so happens the Dallas Stars fans on HF just completed a series of polls on the very subject! the conclusions:

Loui Eriksson: 3.5-4.0 mill
Matt Niskanen: 2.5-3.0 mill
Fabian Brunnstrom: 2.0-2.5 mill
James Neal: 1.5-2.0 mill, but could be as high as 3.0 depending on the kind of season he has.
Nicklas Grossman 1.5-2.5 mill

we got alot of ****ing RFA's

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:02 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I bolded the ones too High of a Cap Hit.
Lucic will get 1.75 for 3 years im guessing.
Price wont get anything above what Cam Ward got his first contract re-signing. (and Cam Ward was a Conn Smythe winner)
Keith will prolly sign for Less becuz he seems like the Team Player type. id Guess Salo type money 3.5 3 years type deal.
Just becuz Backstrom plays with Ovy. doesnt mean he'll get paid for it right now. Let him prove he is a true Number 1 Centre, than give him that money, my Guess 3.75 Short term.
Ryan Kesler will sign LONG term Low cap hit, such as Franzon type deal. Keeping him a nuck till the day his career dies.
I disagree with every one of these with the possible exception of Backstrom (granted he signs a short-term deal).

Kesler is getting north of $3mill... and a $3-4mill range is pretty much exactly what I think he'll get as well. There is no indication at all that the Canucks are willing to dish out those longterm type deals... in fact the opposite, considering that the Sedins wanted it (and proposed a much lower cap hit) and didn't get it.. and now the rumour is that Luongo wants it as well, but the club doesn't.

The league won't insure contracts past 7 years, and most owners just don't want to take on that kind of liability... and I'd guess that Kesler is the exact type of player you don't take that kind of chance on... he's a rugged player that plays a physical grinding game, and usually such players regress quicker after their prime and are more prone to serious injuries... I'd be willing to bet that ownership will not take a chance on a longterm contract on him that they can't be insured for. My guess is that Kesler gets a 4yr deal at around $3.75mill/yr.

Lucic will get a lot more than $1.75mill as well... there have been too many young players that are getting paid for their potential and their 2nd contracts ignored to think that a guy with the very rare total package that Lucic has, won't get such a deal.

I'd also be shocked if Keith got less than $5mill/yr... he's worth more, and his stock will continue to go up as he's just entering his prime... another strong season, and $5mill/yr is a discount for him!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Randall Ritchey
The Fourth Period

Last year did eat up a year on Johnson's contract, so he'll be RFA next season as well.

Blues RFA's:

David Perron - 2.25M - 2-3 years
Erik Johnson 3.5M 2-3 years
Alex Steen 1-2M 1 year
D.J. King 1 year .650K
Janssen will likely be gone.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Unless Lucic takes a discount he's going to be looking at around $2.75 million for 2-3 years.
On his first contract coming out of entry-level deal? This isn't about his future potential. He's not eligible for arbitration, he's a RFA, he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage.

Sure he can go elsewhere for an offer sheet, but elsewhere Lucic just wouldn't be as big of a star. He fits the Bruins mentality and their fans' wishes like a glove, and that's why he gets so much publicity despite his ultimately modest offensive production.

I'd be surprised if the Bruins pay him that much. It'd probably be a mistake, depending on his offensive production next year. They can't have him play on the first line and produce 17 goals, not long-term.

Last edited by MathMan: 08-26-2009 at 09:30 PM.
MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:13 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

Perron will get $3mil +. Another improving season will get him money between Krecji and Booth.

Where is Erik Johnson?

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
So, your saying hes closer to Troy Brouwer than Buff?
Dustin Byfuglien dreams as being as much of a game changer as Milan Lucic.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Cheli

Once a first overall pick, quickly forgotten

Perron and EJ will get a decent amount. EJ will get less than other recent #1s because he lost a year to injury. Hope both get re-signed ASAP.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:05 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Yeah? Well, Buff makes 3 million a year, to think Lucic doesnt start closer to 4 million a year, but near 1.75...Brouwer country, is short changing the guy, indeed.

I could see somebody poaching Lucic considering the cap uncertainty the Bruins have.
Peter Chiarelli, unlike Dale Tallon has not handed out one bad contract yet, much less 4.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote