HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Forsberg attempting another comeback

Old
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
AC Le Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He's not wasting his time being trade bait. He's not going to make a decision on this until at least Christmas.

He's on Sweden's current 46 man roster - I imagine if he can make it to the Olympics, and play well and stay healthy throught out at the highest level of competition (a serious test on his health, no question), it'll be then whether or not Forsberg will attempt to come back to the NHL.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:36 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Oh dear, Forsberg plays a couple games for Modo and all of a sudden we have him going to the Rangers, Flyers, or Habs.
It's like a Rocky Movie...part 6...7...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 11:55 AM
duffy9748

Another reason Forsberg chose the Aves last time was cause his good buddy Simon was out for the year.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Macke*

MoDo!!!!

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
De Montreal
help

Boy would he ever look great with Gaborik on his wing in the Big Apple

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoamHemsky View Post
because it won't work.

I'm not quite sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp?
Is that you Chelios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
MoDo!!!!
Sorry, but im pretty sure he won't play with MoDo this year.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Boy would he ever look great with Gaborik on his wing in the Big Apple
yeah and they can keep each other company in the OR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayWalk3r View Post
Sorry, but im pretty sure he won't play with MoDo this year.

Pretty sure he already played 2 games for them...THIS YEAR

Old
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Macke*

But he has never won the Championship in Sweden.

He's already won two Stanley Cups.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Pretty sure he already played 2 games for them...THIS YEAR
Yeah, but it looks like he's not going to sign with them (if his comeback is successful that is.)

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...ymme-for-honom

Translate it on google or something, I must go to dinner now.. don't have the time to translate it atm.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayWalk3r View Post
Yeah, but it looks like he's not going to sign with them (if his comeback is successful that is.)

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...ymme-for-honom

Translate it on google or something, I must go to dinner now.. don't have the time to translate it atm.
Interesting - so there isn't room on their roster AND he hasn't shown interest in signing....makes you think, what exactly is he doing over there? This has NHL return written all over it IMO.

Old
09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
IrishSniper87

Eklund (I KNOW, I KNOW) has Forsberg return likely and lists the Flyers at the forefront, but does not rule out teams such as NYR, EDM, OTT and others.

Personally, sign in Philly Foppa and get it over with

I am all for him on the Flyers.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Eklund (I KNOW, I KNOW) has Forsberg return likely and lists the Flyers at the forefront, but does not rule out teams such as NYR, EDM, OTT and others.

Personally, sign in Philly Foppa and get it over with

I am all for him on the Flyers.
Me too - he's even said he has "unfinished business" in Phila and if there is any time to finish this business, now is certainly that time.

Old
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Me too - he's even said he has "unfinished business" in Phila and if there is any time to finish this business, now is certainly that time.
Agreed.

Philly would likely roll a

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg line that would also be top notch defensively. Gagne and Richards could take the PK time and give Peter a chance to rest up.

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg
Hartnell-Carter-Briere/Giroux
Pyorala-Giroux-Lappy
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Cote

Coburn-Timonen........or.........Pronger-Timonen
Pronger-Carle........................Coburn-Carle
Parent-Jones
Ole-Kristian Tolleffsen

Emery
Boucher

I'd let Giroux play 3rd line and have him play on the top line if/when Peter is out.

the pp looks like this

Gagne-Briere-Forsberg
Timonen-Richards

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Pronger-Carle/Coburn

That is perfect, and it takes the pressure off Forsberg to be the go-to guy like his last tour of duty between Gagne and Knuble. If Forsberg is out of the lineup, it's not the end of the world.

Old
09-01-2009, 02:10 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Agreed.

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg line that would also be top notch defensively. Gagne and Richards could take the PK time and give Peter a chance to rest up.

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg
Pyorala-Giroux-Lappy
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Cote

Coburn-Timonen or Pronger-Timonen
Pronger-Carle Coburn-Carle
Parent-Jones
Ole-Kristian Tolleffsen

Emery
Boucher

I'd let Giroux play 3rd line and have him play on the top line if/when Peter is out.

the pp looks like this

Gagne-Briere-Forsberg
Timonen-Richards

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Pronger-Carle/Coburn

That is perfect, and it takes the pressure off Forsberg to be the go-to guy like his last tour of duty between Gagne and Knuble. If Forsberg is out of the lineup, it's not the end of the world.
It is really quite exciting to think about how good the Flyers are already, the addition of Foppa...geez...and you hit the nail on the head with him not having nearly as much pressure as his previous tenure with the orange and black. The Flyers are already like an 8 headed monster offensively, the addition of Forsberg makes the monster...well probably the scariest monster in the world. The Flyers would practically have 3 top lines and a checking line. That's just sick.

Though, Jones would have to be moved/waived to sign Foppa if he returns early and get's a full year out of his contract - in other words, not a pro-rated contract like he got in Colorado during his last return. That could cause some issues being we don't exactly have the defensive depth needed for a deep run. We will see though.

I'm just excited to say the least, even if he doesn't sign with us, I'd love to see him playing again. go Peter!

Old
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

My favorite non-Devil. Come to New Jersey Foppa, the Koolaid is really tasty.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Stubbs88

Modo is going to sign him. Then there will be a blockbuster trade with the Ottawa Senators sending Heatley to the SEL and Forsberg back to the NHL.

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
mercury

Quote:
Agreed.

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg
Pyorala-Giroux-Lappy
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Cote

Coburn-Timonen........or.........Pronger-Timonen
Pronger-Carle........................Coburn-Carle
Parent-Jones
Ole-Kristian Tolleffsen

Emery
Boucher

the pp looks like this

Gagne-Briere-Forsberg
Timonen-Richards

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Pronger-Carle/Coburn

I wanted to trade Nodl and maybe a mid-round pick to Vancouver for Shane O'Brien (I like his game; perfect 3rd pairing guy for us) and waive Jones, then sign Forsberg in December or January. I would go with this lineup, since Stevens loves his offensive pairings:

Forsberg-Carter-Hartnell (Hartnell has been RW before, I think Forsberg was always LW when he wasn't at C)
Gagne-Richards-Laperriere
Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Pyorala-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Carle
Parent-O'Brien
Tollefsen

Emery
Boucher

Very tough lineup. Lots of offensive power, excellent defensive corps, it would just be a question of goaltending (as usual), the play of the bottom 6 forwards, and team defense.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Would love to see him paired with Gaborik....they need another C. Wow

09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Miller Time

probably never happen, but I'd love to see him with the Habs...

If pleks stumbles out of the gates, I could see Gainey being hot on the foppa phone, trying to entice him to come join the habs.

With all the new faces we have, there should be no concern over chemistry issues if he joined the team later in the season.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Would love to see him paired with Gaborik....they need another C. Wow
Like I said, they could keep each other company in the press box, the O.R. and occassionally maybe even play some hockey together? The Bionic Duo!

Old
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I'd say that's not an accurate statement at all. Forsberg has won everything there is to be won. Last year, and the year before a ton of teams (better than Colorado) rallied for his services. Where did he go? Year 1 he joins the 10th place Avalanche and they go 8-1-0 with him in the line-up. Year 2, he opts to join MODO, citing he didn't want to take cap space under the Avalanche roster because the team was struggling (and had 2 ECHLers on defense at one point because they were so injured).

It all revolves around Denver. Forsberg isn't a player who stuck with a team that never got it done so is trying to go all the way on a new team (aka Sundin).

I doubt highly that he comes back, but if he does, it'll be with Colorado in all likelyhood.
He's not freaking sitting out half the season trying to decide whether or not to come back, to play for nothing with Colorado.

Hey guys, I know it's tough. I sat through it for only one year with the Flyers, and it's tough to sit through. You're used to winning hockey, but it's time to feel the pain a little bit of being a bad team, because that's what your team is. That means world class talent doesn't come there to go through the motions waiting for their next opportunity, and it's probably the best thing for you, too. Peter Forsberg playing for Colorado is a waste of everyone's time, including yours. If we're talking two years from now, and a 40-year old Peter Forsberg is giving it one last shot and the Avalanche have a shot at the playoffs, that's different. The Avalanche are going to be bad, and it's going to be a long season. If Peter Forsberg is coming back, he's coming back because he thinks he can give a team an opportunity to win the Stanley Cup. Not because of "loyalty" or because "his heart is really in Denver." Just because he's "already won everything there is to be won," doesn't mean he doesn't want to keep winning.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 11:22 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He's not freaking sitting out half the season trying to decide whether or not to come back, to play for nothing with Colorado.

Hey guys, I know it's tough. I sat through it for only one year with the Flyers, and it's tough to sit through. You're used to winning hockey, but it's time to feel the pain a little bit of being a bad team, because that's what your team is. That means world class talent doesn't come there to go through the motions waiting for their next opportunity, and it's probably the best thing for you, too. Peter Forsberg playing for Colorado is a waste of everyone's time, including yours. If we're talking two years from now, and a 40-year old Peter Forsberg is giving it one last shot and the Avalanche have a shot at the playoffs, that's different. The Avalanche are going to be bad, and it's going to be a long season. If Peter Forsberg is coming back, he's coming back because he thinks he can give a team an opportunity to win the Stanley Cup. Not because of "loyalty" or because "his heart is really in Denver." Just because he's "already won everything there is to be won," doesn't mean he doesn't want to keep winning.
Well played.

Forsberg to Denver would be a waste of everyone's time, including the time of Denver's fans. They need to just let the rebuild move along and see how long it takes before they can get back to being a good club.

Old
09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 700
GKJ514: Since you know Peter so well, tell him I've still got his jacket up in Östersund.

Then go back and read my previous post in this thread.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
volaju

I would love to see Peter play again. I'm also going to echo the sentiment that those who post cynical "just retire already" comments are stupid teenagers who probably haven't even watched Peter play a game of hockey not on their Xbox.

When he came back in 2008, it was obvious how much better he made that Avs team. He didn't have his speed, he didn't have his balance ... but he didn't need it. Peter on one leg was playing with his vision alone, and that was still enough to be a very significant threat. It was something special to see Peter hold the puck considering his options, while the covering D-man was clearly unsure if he should attack or sit back, cowering in the passing lane. The competition is still afraid of what he can do!

As for the question of which team he signs with, who could ever know? It cracks me up how you guys are so invested in this and take it so personally. As an Avs fan, I'd like to see him sign back in Denver -- but really, the two past off-seasons have unveiled exactly how much of a gong-show that franchise is. Why would anyone work so hard to come back to a team in such a pitiful state? On the other hand, that same problem might work in the Avs' favor: with all those old faces around, perhaps he feels drawn to it. He and Deadmarsh are still good friends, after all.

But as a fan of hockey, I'd just like to see him come back.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Nacho
Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVgNYaBsuc4

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote