HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper help

Old
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
pspot

vCash: 500
Keeper help

I need to submit my keeper list,

standard scoring in a weekly head to head format.
catagories: g, a, pts, ppp, +/-, pim, shots,

Get to keep 4 fwds, 2d, 1 g

You play 2 Cs, LWs, RWs, and 2 Utility each week. so having 3 top end Cs isnt to bad

My current fwd keepers
Toews, Eric Staal, Vanek, Kopitar

but I'm not sold on Kopitar cause I also have,
Gagne
Boyes

With already having two C keepers and how valuable solid wingers are I'm tempted to keep one of the other guys.

Kopitar is still so young and so talented, i think his upside is huge, like 80 to 90 point guy, on a young up and coming team with guaranteed 1st pp time

Gagne is still pretty solid, but a little injury concern and on a deep team so 1st pp is questionable, id put him at anywhere from 60 to 80 pts

Boyes gets goals, lots of shots and again on a young team that he should be consistantly in the 65 to 75 range

what do you think?

Keep Kopitar and grab wingers in the draft and then if kopitar does break out this season I have a valuable trading chip.

or

Keep one of the other guys and draft a young C like Berglund who would be a solid 3rd C option

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
pspot

bump

no one?

Kopitar vs Gagne vs Boyes?

Old
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

kopitar, no doubt. I think he's already broken out and you're set with him.
If you're going to take a winger, take Boyes

Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 03:40 PM
CoachBrouwer

Kopitar struggled in his third NHL season dropping his point total by 11 points, the Kings top line all struggled with Brown and Frolov dropping their production as well. A new season means new beginnings and watch for the top line to bounce back. Kopitarís totals will be back up to where there were in his sophomore season with 30+ goals and 75+ points.

Stay away from Gagne he is just too injury prone, he is already out with a groin injury.

Can you trade Kopitar for an elite winger?

Who will be available at wing come draft time? If there are not going to be 80 point wingers available to draft I would keep Boyes as there are more 75-80 point centers then there are 80 point wingers.

Itís hard to believe itís been 3 seasons since the once maligned Boyes came over to the Blues from the Bruins and resurrected his career. The result has been a clinical sniper who has posted 43 and 33 goals seasons. Finding open ice and unleashing his quick release and one-timer on the power play have been his go too weapons. Despite his goal output dropping last year, his points actually improved as Boyes began to distribute the puck to his teammates more. At 27, Boyes is actually a greybeard on the young Blues, giving him added responsibility and opportunity.

CoachBrouwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:51 AM
pspot

Thanks for the advice,

I am thinking of Kopitar and 3rd round pick for Gaborik and 2nd round pick

I know Gabs is such a risk but if he's healthy, I end up moving up 15 spots in my draft

worth the risk? or just sit on my C's for now

Old
08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
CoachBrouwer

Are you going for it this year? If so it's a good risk to take. When healthy Gaborik can light up scoresheets, plus he is no longer playing under Lemaire which could be downright scary. A healthy gaborik playing on an offensive team is definitely a good risk to take.

CoachBrouwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
pspot

what about Toews vs Kopitar?

Toews is and awesome player and leader but I'm not sure he'll ever be a dominant offensive player. I think he's a 70 to80 player.

Toews for Gaborik?

Old
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

I'd rather trade Toews than Kopitar, but you could still get burnt... I think Gaborik is too risky, and he's never played in a place like NY either. He also won't have much help from his linemates. Is there another 80pt guy you can make the same trade for? It'd be good if it was someone with fewer question marks.

Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote