HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed w/ link: Ehrhoff/Lukowich to VAN for P. White/D. Rahimi

Old
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
The big differance is the the fanbase will for the most part be totally clueless on why this and most of DW's moves are bad. This one being the worst of them all. The media here has no ability criticize wilson and just take his teal crap sandwich he gives them. "our young Defensemen will step up" same was said about Carle.

he has no clue
Media can be critical of DW, but not the people at the SOTS. He could put feces on the blueline and people will applaud it.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Ringo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan

Lupul-Koivu-Selanne.
In all honesty, I am not a fan of either team by any means, but I still take SJ over Anaheim any day of the weak:
Marleau > Perry
Thorton = Getzlaf
Setoguchi > Ryan
Clowe >> Lupul
Pavelski = Koivu
Michalek = Selanne (present day Selanne)

Ringo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Pollak: Move paves the way for future deals

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...p-competition/

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

how can someone seriously make this offer though? I mean, did DW approach the Canucks with this offer? I can't see the Canucks possibly calling the Sharks and saying "hey, how bout some crap for your defensemen...."

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
In all honesty, I am not a fan of either team by any means, but I still take SJ over Anaheim any day of the weak:
Marleau > Perry
Thorton = Getzlaf
Setoguchi > Ryan
Clowe >> Lupul
Pavelski = Koivu
Michalek = Selanne (present day Selanne)
Yeesh no way

Marleau >= Perry (Marleau's better two way game gives him a slight edge)

Getzlaf > Thornton

Ryan >> Setoguchi

Clowe> Lupul

Koivu > Pavelski

Selanne > Michalek.

Old
08-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Admiral*

Even if he was clearing the way for the Sharks young players to come up, couldn't he have gotten a better return than two ****** prospects who will likely never be anything more than career AHLers?

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
how can someone seriously make this offer though? I mean, did DW approach the Canucks with this offer? I can't see the Canucks possibly calling the Sharks and saying "hey, how bout some crap for your defensemen...."
I dont know, maybe thats exactly what happened. The Nucks didnt even need error at all but at that price why not

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
Pollak: Move paves the way for future deals

Quote:
Wilson wanted to emphasize that this deal doesnít necessarily happen unless the team has faith that there are prospects in the system now ready to play at the NHL level.
That may be the case, Doug, but you seem clueless to the fact that even if you can replace the assets, that's not a green light to chuck away the current ones.

You MUST know this. Ehrhoff had more value than you just gifted him away for and even if you think it was a cause of the salary cap era, take a look at who controls that budget? You.

Either way, you screwed up BIG time on this one. BIG time.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Killer Sharkz

Chill out people! This move was made to make room for someone, I guarentee it! Most likely Heatley...but who ever it is I think will make this team better. We do have a hole on D to fill now, but I am sure that will be done no later than the trade deadline. Things are not crumbling apart, it is just a side step, to make another move and step up...if it is not then I will be pissed, but I am pretty sure that is all it is...and I would LOVE to see Heatley with JT and DS! That would be a wicked line!!!!! Who knows maybe he is going to bring in another stud D like Phanuef or something...a guy can dream can't he?

Killer Sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:21 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Sharkz View Post
Chill out people! This move was made to make room for someone, I guarentee it! Most likely Heatley...but who ever it is I think will make this team better. We do have a hole on D to fill now, but I am sure that will be done no later than the trade deadline. Things are not crumbling apart, it is just a side step, to make another move and step up...if it is not then I will be pissed, but I am pretty sure that is all it is...and I would LOVE to see Heatley with JT and DS! That would be a wicked line!!!!! Who knows maybe he is going to bring in another stud D like Phanuef or something...a guy can dream can't he?
we have no more assets to trade that people will want, unless we want to give up a top 6 forward or our 1 or 2 possibly nhl ready defensemen.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
i can see White and Rahimi turning things around after receiving better developmental coaching in San Jose..Listen to the words of Pat Funk, different players develop at different rates,maybe these two start to get it and turn out to be huge for us.
Good luck with that No all all seriousness we have very good development in Vancouver and is the last two years the money we put into scouting and player development has DRASTICALLY increased; in the Gillis era, that is. Dave Gagne critisized Pat White about a month ago for his lack of growth and generally called him out. I dunno.. I think Pat White is gonna bust.

Rahimi, well, he could become an NHL'er some day. He has a lot of holes in his game tho so you're going to need to be patient. And even still, he's a mediocre shut down d-man at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrk View Post
Why did DW think that Ehrhoff + Lukowich was worth two borderline NHL players at best?

Two borderline AHL'ers, actually.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

The only way I see this happening is DW losing a poker game ...

Bring back Dean Lombardi, already!

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:22 PM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
The big differance is the the fanbase will for the most part be totally clueless on why this and most of DW's moves are bad. This one being the worst of them all. The media here has no ability criticize wilson and just take his teal crap sandwich he gives them. "our young Defensemen will step up" same was said about Carle.

he has no clue
Gillis is considered a savior here but if he pulled something like DW did today he'd be burned at the stake.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rickety Cricket

Yea Dion Phaneuf wouldn't be that great.

Old
one2gamble

Quote:

1. No assets to give up
2. Still no room for heatley
3. This team is worse now than it was last April

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Kid_Roll

Just a question for Sharks fans:

What is your roster in need of? Like, would a Raymond type player fit in your lineup?

I'm just surprised that DW would want a player like White who can't help you right now, and may never make the roster over at the very least someone like Raymond who has shown he can at least play in the NHL a bit and has a small contract.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
dumpnchase

"Wilson did say that White would play again at Minnesota next season, and that there would be talks with Rahimi’s agent as to whether the defenseman would play in the AHL or return to Sweden next season."

So we got Rahimi because he might leave North America. SO next season all we might left is White. Perfect.

dumpnchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Rickety Cricket

This trade + lunch makes me wanna take a salary dump.

Old
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
Future deals should never be an excuse to throw away valuable assets for next to nothing.

You can't tell me that you can't get more than two prospects, who may never even make the NHL, for a top-4 defenseman. You don't deal away a core-player just to have flexibility in the future. This is the friggin NHL, you try to get the best possible roster, not the best flexibility for future deals.

It's not like this is the first time Wilson has done that. He was throwing assets around left, right and center pretty much every single year.

If Wilson truly wanted to get the cap-space to acquire other players, he should have tried to trade Ehrhoff for something of value. That is smart asset management. Create space by trading expensive players for good young players and picks. If you achieve that, you can make your big move. You don't throw away the players just to have the space.

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
You fail to understand the main gripe. It's not that it doesn't create cap space - clearly it does.

It's that in terms of assets heading one way for the other (even if you include cap space as a big benefit to us) we got hosed in this deal. That's the issue.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:40 PM
sjshrky27

this reminds me of when DW got rid of Rivet. Man I wish we could get him back

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:47 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
I think SJEasy is out destroying stuff.
If we move Marleau for Heatley, someone better stand watch on all the tall buildings in town.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Kitten Mittons

Vaasa will suffer a heartattack once he sees it...

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
Just a question for Sharks fans:

What is your roster in need of? Like, would a Raymond type player fit in your lineup?
DW seems set on filling the NHL roster with kids like Joslin who have earned an opportunity to make a NHL roster spot. I don't see any (more) NHL players coming in trade before the start of season.

But more than that, the Sharks needed cap space. There are two RFAs to sign, plus if some of the kids make the NHL roster (like Petrecki), they have big ticket ELS contracts.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:50 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
If we move Marleau for Heatley, someone better stand watch on all the tall buildings in town.
first thornton be named captain then trade for heatley to make it a perfect trifecta

yada is offline   Reply With Quote