HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed w/ link: Ehrhoff/Lukowich to VAN for P. White/D. Rahimi

Old
08-28-2009, 04:50 PM
rideaucrusher21

vCash: 500
I didn't know anything about the van. prospects in this deal. I actually was excited that maybe we picked up some blue chip prospects or something from van. cuz id never heard of them. Now coming here to the boards, im all depressed. Damn damn damn.

DW, what are you doing?

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
If we move Marleau for Heatley, someone better stand watch on all the tall buildings in town.
hmmm...Ehrhoff, Luko and Marleau for Heatley.....oh joys, what great asset management.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Rey

Patrick White is going to be a pretty good player in 2-3 years. He'll be a 2nd/3rd liner that will dominate physically and with body position.

The Vancouver Canuck fans who say that he is a bust, are only looking at stats. White's far from a bust.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
You fail to understand the main gripe. It's not that it doesn't create cap space - clearly it does.

It's that in terms of assets heading one way for the other (even if you include cap space as a big benefit to us) we got hosed in this deal. That's the issue.
ding ding ding!!

Some team at some point this summer would have given a ton more in assets than this. Its a stand alone transaction in which we shat upon ourselves.

08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
to sharks fans isnt it a lil too early for

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Vaasa will suffer a heartattack once he sees it...
I've already seen it.. I'm at the hospital on my laptop while docs try to bring my blood pressure down from Hulk levels of rage.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
DW seems set on filling the NHL roster with kids like Joslin who have earned an opportunity to make a NHL roster spot. I don't see any (more) NHL players coming in trade before the start of season.

But more than that, the Sharks needed cap space. There are two RFAs to sign, plus if some of the kids make the NHL roster (like Petrecki), they have big ticket ELS contracts.
Here is my best guess on our roster with 2 RFA's signed:

TWEAKED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.300m) / Joe Thornton ($7.200m) / Jonathan Cheechoo ($3.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Joe Pavelski ($1.637m) / Devin Setoguchi ($1.247m)
Jamie McGinn ($0.997m) / Torrey Mitchell ($0.800m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Jed Ortmeyer ($0.550m) / Scott Nichol ($0.750m) / Brad Staubitz ($0.550m)
Jody Shelley ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Boyle ($6.667m) / Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m)
Rob Blake ($4.000m) / Derek Joslin ($0.517m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Kent Huskins ($1.700m)
Mike Moore ($1.000m) (or Petrecki)

GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($5.375m)
Thomas Greiss ($0.550m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.122m; CAP ROOM: $1.168m BONUSES: $1.490m

Since Cheechoo hasn't been moved at this time, you almost have to assume that DW is going to give another shot at playing in the top 6.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
This trade now makes me regret re-signing Rob Blake. This is the kind of trade I was expecting Cheechoo to return, not Ehrhoff. I would've much rather just waived Lukowich and not re-signed Rob Blake than deal Ehrhoff for this pathetic package.

Rahimi's not going to be anything to the Sharks. White is the only thing slightly resembling value in this deal coming the other way. The problem is that White just screams Marcel Goc to me.

I'm ready to support the removal of Doug Wilson at this stage. I really don't care if this turns into Dany Heatley because the value for this trade is just awful and now the team has a humongous hole on their blue line. Just remember that not only are we gambling on Joslin, Petrecki, Moore, and/or Demers making the team, we're also gambling on the combination of Kent Huskins and Douglas Murray being able to play in top four situations.

Unbelievable. What happened to tweaking, Doug? This is not tweaking...this is trading your 2nd best playoff defenseman for garbage.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Kitten Mittons

I find it interesting that he worked so hard last season to build solid defense only to completely **** it up a year later.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I find it interesting that he worked so hard last season to build solid defense only to completely **** it up a year later.
its not a huge change to the defense. swap lukowich for huskins isnt much different. now the big question is how will joslin handle a full season? honestly im fine with the change. its funny that now the most popular shark is error

Old
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
We're a laughing stock even more than last April/May. Great!

I've gone and piled lots of alcohol down my mouth in the last 2 hours and I've finally worked it out:

Mike Gillis has pictures of Doug Wilson that DW doesn't want to leak into the outside world. I can't find any other explanation.

Seriously, this deal is an absolute embarrassment and I feel my support for Wilson could have entirely turned in the space of one move. He needs to answer the fans and NOT "Oh we see a lot of potential in White etc.". He's clearly not worthy of a top 4 D.

Prove me wrong Doug. Prove us all wrong or I think you'll be out of job next June.
He must know where DW buried Mcsorely.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:12 PM
pappaf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
its not a huge change to the defense. swap lukowich for huskins isnt much different. now the big question is how will joslin handle a full season? honestly im fine with the change. its funny that now the most popular shark is error
It isn't that error is the most popular shark, it's that we got jack squat in return for him and Luko. I would have been much happier with a couple guaranteed 2nd round picks than these prospects that don't sound like they'll even make it to the nhl.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
suitup17

This was a terrible trade. We should have looked elsewhere for something better. Why didn't we get Schneider off of them in this deal? They have Luongo and will sign him long term. I'm pissed! DW is an idiot as of right now and our team has gotten worse.

suitup17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:17 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
http://www.sharkspage.com/2009_08_01...59362975634434

Patrick White.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Kitten Mittons

Thanks for the report.

Quote:
"He's a soft player, he doesn't compete, and he looks scared to upset anyone because he might have to battle them for the puck. He looks like he should be a player. He has some size and skills, a really great shot, but he doesn't compete and doesn't win battles. I also can't believe the Sharks traded that Bonino kid, the kid's a stud!"

Great, we got another soft player that doesn't battle for the puck...... juuuuuuust what we need!

Old
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Sharks fans knee jerk reactions and calling for DW's head amaze me. This is a SALARY dump which we had to make, it will return a 2nd. It's also a precursor to more moves.

Poster Zip15 summed it up nicely:

Quote:
From San Jose's perspective, you can't view this trade in terms of the talent going in each direction in this deal. Sure, Vancouver got the better of this deal, but Sharks fans shouldn't give a flying **** about Vancouver. Wilson's duty is to make his team better. Let's evaluate this deal for San Jose once they're done making moves. If this deal helps them net Heatley without giving up Marleau, I don't think you can say this is a bad deal. For instance, if SJ sends Michalek + Cheechoo + pick for Heatley (and, really, is Ottawa going to get a better offer after Heatley has destroyed their leverage multiple times and Spezza has come out and said it'd be better if he was traded?), the Sharks still have $4 mil to spend. With that money they could acquire guys like Tanguay, Betts and Seidenberg, or players of that ilk still on the market.

At the end of the day, would any Sharks fan think they're a less talented team if they flipped Ehrhoff, Lukowich, Michalek, Cheechoo and a pick into Heatley, Tanguay, Seidenberg, Betts, White/2nd rounder and Rahimi? I wouldn't mind that at all.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Doug please do an autopsy on your self.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I can only hope that ehrhoff really sucks in Vancouver so that this trade can resemble something like a decent trade

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Do we have any scouting reports on the two kids coming to San Jose?
White -Bust
Rahimi -Fringe Ahler

Sorry

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
Sharks fans knee jerk reactions and calling for DW's head amaze me. This is a SALARY dump which we had to make, it will return a 2nd. It's also a precursor to more moves.

Poster Zip15 summed it up nicely:
If the Sharks end up making the proposed deal for Heatley, it'd be all the more reason to can Doug Wilson. Sending out Christian Ehrhoff, Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo, Brad Lukowich, and likely a 1st for Dany Heatley, Daniel Rahimi, and Pat White is a God awful trade.

Just remember that at this stage, the Sharks need the cap space acquired to ice a full roster. Re-signing Mitchell and Staubitz plus calling up two blue line replacements, one or two extra forwards (Ortmeyer and/or Helminen), plus having space to call up injury replacements.

Unless the Sharks ship out more money than what Heatley makes, they can't really make it work cap-wise because you would then have to replace Cheechoo's spot in the lineup thus needing to move out 8 mil.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

if the Sharks are smart they'll sign Seidenburg with their newly found cap space in addition to moving someone like Cheechoo for a cheaper third line grinder so we can also sign Mitchell.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

And realize that any Heatley deal will hurt the cap until 2014.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
if the Sharks are smart they'll sign Seidenburg with their newly found cap space in addition to moving someone like Cheechoo for a cheaper third line grinder so we can also sign Mitchell.
They'll probably sign him for $3.5m per...

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Kitten Mittons

How much sweeter does the Ehrhoff for Chimera deal sound now?

Old
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
i thought about seidenberg too but he wants too much money