HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ron Wilson Happy Sharks Failed in the PO's

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Ron Wilson Happy Sharks Failed in the PO's

Its rare when someone is this open about their feelings in public. On the one hand, I admire the competitive passion to acknowledge the feelings after a year. On the other hand, the comments about players you like (and those you don't) opens up a can of worms to speculate just who those winners and losers were on the team. It also indicates just how big Ron Wilson's ego is and how brittle his real self confidence is as a coach to think that anyone was really blaming him completely for the teams failings. The team needed a change. Coaches never last forever and players fail on the ice far moreso than coaches - and are easier to replace.

Enjoyable Sunday morning read to take our minds off the trade (giveaway) that we just executed.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2009/08/30/10676101-sun.html?cid=rsssportsslam!
"To be perfectly honest with you, though, I did feel good when they failed miserably in the playoffs. You work with players for so long you want them to succeed, so I was disappointed for some of the guys, the guys I really liked.

Sorry LS - Just noted your post in sticky thread. Still ... not a bad diversion on the main site.

Last edited by WineShark: 08-30-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old
08-30-2009, 12:18 PM
TheGooooch

Yeah, well **** you Ron Wilson.

Old
08-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Chomped

good, hopefully this is something they can hang up in the locker room to motivate these guys

Old
08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
wishman

Don't blame him one bit. He's just being honest, and I don't think he was disrespectful. Nothing wrong with this...

Old
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Harbinger04

vCash: 688
dont worry, he wont even be making the playoffs with the leafs anytime soon. especially with burke as the GM

Old
08-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
THIS WILL UNITE US ALL!

Old
08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Meh, he was being honest, I still like Ron Wilson ******* personality. Maybe it means he knows which players are the problem so he takes a little satisfaction in looking at how DW continues to fail to find the problem, wouldn't most of you? Of course, we wouldn't tell people about it, but RW is more honest. Either way, it did become obvious that firing him didn't fix anything...

Old
08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Meh, in all honesty, if you're fired as the person to blame for something, and you go on to see things end up about the same without you, you're going to be a bit happy about it...

Old
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V View Post
Meh, in all honesty, if you're fired as the person to blame for something, and you go on to see things end up about the same without you, you're going to be a bit happy about it...
ya but I am not going to make that public

Old
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
ToursLepantoVienna

I was never a big Ron Wilson supporter, but I think he's entitled to a bit of gloating.

Old
08-30-2009, 02:17 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

haha! He fits right in in Toronto. In Toronto, nobody knows how awesome you are until you find a microphone and tell them.

Old
08-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

If it takes some words from Ron Wilson to motivate this team to actually not crap the bed in the playoffs, there is something seriously wrong.

Old
08-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Kitten Mittons

Go **** youself RW.

Old
08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

There is nothing wrong with the feeling of vindication.

Perhaps he doesn't need to go public with it, but we know RW by now, that's his style.

Old
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Mr Scarface*

Ron is one of the best coaches in the league. Toronto might win a cup with him doing his thang in the future. Toronto's defense is also much better than we do right now. Goaltending with Gustavsson and Toskala is also better.
But RW, is just one of the realest. If he would have been coaching our team last season, Claude Lemieux would have scored game winners for us, in the playoffs. Coach Koala Cute Face didn't play the game with the right players. Also RW knew that we had softies playing for us, not Real Thugs. Cong Vets.

Old
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

This is RW for sure. So what! Who cares!!

I'd be more interested in the ones he did not like/get along with.

Old
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Jarvis

Send a message via AIM to Jarvis
Kind of a dick move I.M.O.. Seems out of the good nature that hockey personel are usually in. That being said, he has a point.

Old
08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Valid point or not, vindication or not, it's a jerk move to publicly say that you're happy for the failure of another team just because things didn't go well there.

If he had just said that the loss was vindication because it showed things weren't all on him, that's not so bad. But to actually be quoted saying "to be perfectly honest with you, though, I did feel good when they failed miserably in the playoffs" is total Schadenfreude. Maybe we should say that we're happy the Leafs tanked as hard as they did (and also simultaneously failed at a proper total tank job) because it showed that RW is not a super-coach who is capable of significantly elevating a team's level of play.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

And we could say all of that, that we were pleased the Leafs failed at tanking, I doubt it would make RW lose any sleep at night. I think though, that none of us, or at least most of us, would care how much of a failure the Leafs were or were not. However, I think that RW had plenty of vested interest in how the Sharks season went, especially after how he was kicked to the curb. Regardless of whether or not it was the right/wrong move for the Sharks to make, at least it did personally affect Wilson as opposed to the Leafs successes/failures really having no immediate impact on Sharks fans.

All RW did was have the balls to say exactly how he felt. We would all be liars if we claimed that we have never once felt vindicated or happy at the failure of someone or something else that we may have felt have wronged us in the past.

I don't fault him at all for speaking his mind, and if anything, if it really does tick off the players that used to play for him, maybe they could actually find the motivation that they have never had, and stick it to him next season.

RW was run out of town for continued second round losses and underachieving, and then the new coach comes in and the Sharks fizzle out in the first round. Is he supposed to be sad? He had almost all of the blame put on him for the Sharks failures.

If I was run out of town for that, I'd feel pretty damn good too when the same team with an improved defense still choked and played like crap in the most important games of the year.

Last edited by Chairman Mallard: 08-30-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old
08-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Gilligans Island

Didn't we give this bozo an ovation when he came to the Shark tank last year?

I say boo the ****** bag next time. He's a loser with an oversized ego. Hope Burke looks at his buddy the coach and tells him to get over it.

Old
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
hockeyball

Wow.

You can now classify Ron Wilson with one word.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 08-31-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: that word is censored. you can't do the "it starts with... and rhymes with...." bit to get around the filter.
Old
08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Le Rosbeef

People getting their knickers in a twist here for nothing.

Wilson is entitled to feel irked by his former employers sacking him - I would. Seeing them fall flat on their faces after he was made the partial scapegoat must be a nice feeling.

He's said it because that's what hockey coaches do - they get asked questions by the media. He's just being honest, fair play to him.

Old
08-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
People getting their knickers in a twist here for nothing.

Wilson is entitled to feel irked by his former employers sacking him - I would. Seeing them fall flat on their faces after he was made the partial scapegoat must be a nice feeling.

He's said it because that's what hockey coaches do - they get asked questions by the media. He's just being honest, fair play to him.
hehehe knickers.

Old
08-30-2009, 04:54 PM
marc-edouard grier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
hehehe knickers.
He also used sacked. Gotta love the British.

Old
08-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc-edouard grier View Post
He also used sacked. Gotta love the British.
Oh do behaaaaaaaaaaave.

Closed Thread