HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay signed with Tampa

Old
08-29-2009, 10:36 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Tanguay signed with Tampa

Well maybe now that he is off the market we will see Afinogenov and Sykora scooped up very shortly....

Interesting fact,

Tanguay (who is better forward than anyone on our roster) signed a deal in which he is making less than half of what Dumont, Arnott, Erat, and Leggy all make.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 12:25 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Well maybe now that he is off the market we will see Afinogenov and Sykora scooped up very shortly....

Interesting fact,

Tanguay (who is better forward than anyone on our roster) signed a deal in which he is making less than half of what Dumont, Arnott, Erat, and Leggy all make.
Wow, that's amazizizing. I don't think anyone here would have known that without your help.

Why do you continue to whine about this? We all know it, we all pretty much agree, we all realize with more money more could be done, and we all realize that Poile is as stubborn as he is patient. What good does it do to wear us out about it? Does it make you feel better in some emo kind of way?

Is there something else you can add to the discussion?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I knew this thread was coming...

We've all had one thing or the other to say about Poile's seeming unwillingness or inability to sign an offensive winger, but it's really sad that certain posters continue to harp on him for his personnel decisions and beat a poor, innocent Shetland pony to death. Shetland ponies are magical creatures.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 08-29-2009 at 12:43 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Jarnberg

Constantly whining will make David Poile sign someone.

You'd think if you actually read other people's posts here you would realize that we are more than likely not going to sign a scorer. Either you cannot read or you just like to complain.

Also, we already posted about this in the Around the NHL thread, but I guess it is too tough to find the appropriate thread to post in.

Maybe you really cannot read.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Not surprised at all by the creation of this thread

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I'm sorry, but anyone who thought that Tanguay would be signing in Nashville, really doesn't have a clue about our market, the team, or anything about the business side of the sport.

We have $1 million left at most to sign a FA (not counting O'Reilly) and probably closer to $700k at best. Tanguay has been out of our price range since the first day of free agency when we re-signed our own players.

Aren't there enough of these threads open already? Was a new one really necessary? Training camp can't open quick enough...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Seeing a thread like this makes me quite relieved, actually. We were getting similar mishegaas after the Erhoff trade ("Howson should've got him!" "Guess we'll never pay Brass, Mason, Voracek, or Filatov either", et cetera), so it's always good to get a reminder that there are equally clueless drooling morons following other teams too.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 04:47 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Wow, that's amazizizing. I don't think anyone here would have known that without your help.

Why do you continue to whine about this? We all know it, we all pretty much agree, we all realize with more money more could be done, and we all realize that Poile is as stubborn as he is patient. What good does it do to wear us out about it? Does it make you feel better in some emo kind of way?

Is there something else you can add to the discussion?

All I was saying is why do we pay guys like Arny, Leggy, and Erat HUGE cash when we can sign a bunch of Tanguays at a severly lower cost??!!?? It doest make sense.

I know you need guys like Leggy around, but come on, really?? Would you rather have Tanguay at 2.5 or Legwand at 5 plus million?? Or Erat at 5 plus???? Or even Arny????

That is all my point was, we spend ALOT of guys that dont deserve it, then we refuse to spend smaller amounts on players that will actually create excitement in Nashville and make us more respected and get us into playoffs and past FIRST round maybe.

That is all I am saying.

Anyone that took this thread as ""whining", hahahaha, needs to grow up and ACTUALLY LEARN TO READ! lol

I was not complaining!

If you actually read my message instead of just jumping on the bandwagon to try to burn me, you would realize.

I just also wonder if teams were waiting Tanguay out and may now move onto guys like Sykora and Afinogenov. That is it.

I know Nashville is dirt ass poor and cannot afford ANYTHING! I am not saying that. Sure I did in the past, just like we all did, but I know that Poile has ZERO financial freedom and we are the lowest payroll and most likely always will be in the NHL.

So why drop big money on Arny, Erat, and Leggy?

Would you rather have spend over 15 million on legwand, erat and Arnott

-OR-

would you rather spend under 6 million on prospal, Tanguay and Sykora?????

Look at all six players track records and I think its pretty obvious.

I know the game is not ALL offense, but its a big part!

Last edited by Enoch: 08-29-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Keep it clean or get an infraction.
Old
08-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
All I was saying is why do we pay guys like Arny, Leggy, and Erat HUGE cash when we can sign a bunch of Tanguays at a severly lower cost??!!?? It doest make sense.

I know you need guys like Leggy around, but come on, really?? Would you rather have Tanguay at 2.5 or Legwand at 5 plus million?? Or Erat at 5 plus???? Or even Arny????
That's odd; I could have sworn all three of those guys were operating at a 4.5m/year cap hit, and that Erat was the only one whose actual salary goes over 5 million this year (and only by $250K). But I'm sure you, as a dedicated Preds fan, know this stuff much more intimately than I do.

I was also under the impression that Tanguay was paid in excess of $5m/year last year with Montreal, and that the nature of this offseason has made for many unusually low contracts, reflecting a "market correction" that has been expected for some time now. But surely that can't be relevant.

Old
08-29-2009, 10:49 PM
deleted

honestly, I would take legwand over tanguay.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:53 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Something's wrong with the world when I agree 100% with a Columbus fan.

Didn't want Tanguay, glad we didn't sign him.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:54 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That's odd; I could have sworn all three of those guys were operating at a 4.5m/year cap hit, and that Erat was the only one whose actual salary goes over 5 million this year (and only by $250K). But I'm sure you, as a dedicated Preds fan, know this stuff much more intimately than I do.

I was also under the impression that Tanguay was paid in excess of $5m/year last year with Montreal, and that the nature of this offseason has made for many unusually low contracts, reflecting a "market correction" that has been expected for some time now. But surely that can't be relevant.
I thought about responding.....but think the quoted is......nuf said!

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 09:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Relax I've known Vix for years on and off the boards. She knows her hockey and usually helps in beatting down the some of the objects in the shallower end of the gene pool. DOn't fight her logic and you don't look stupid.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Predsrule

Quote:

That is all my point was, we spend ALOT of guys that dont deserve it, then we refuse to spend smaller amounts on players that will actually create excitement in Nashville and make us more respected and get us into playoffs and past FIRST round maybe.

That is all I am saying.

Anyone that took this thread as ""whining", hahahaha, needs to grow up and ACTUALLY LEARN TO READ! lol

I was not complaining!

If you actually read my message instead of just jumping on the bandwagon to try to burn me, you would realize.

I just also wonder if teams were waiting Tanguay out and may now move onto guys like Sykora and Afinogenov. That is it.

I know Nashville is dirt ass poor and cannot afford ANYTHING! I am not saying that. Sure I did in the past, just like we all did, but I know that Poile has ZERO financial freedom and we are the lowest payroll and most likely always will be in the NHL.

So why drop big money on Arny, Erat, and Leggy?

Would you rather have spend over 15 million on legwand, erat and Arnott

-OR-

would you rather spend under 6 million on prospal, Tanguay and Sykora?????

Look at all six players track records and I think its pretty obvious.

I know the game is not ALL offense, but its a big part!
legwand, erat and Arnott at 15 > prospal, Tanguay and Sykora @ 6

and I love your assumptions and things you sorely forget to think about ..
1) prospal wouldnt of signed that cheep here ...
2) Tanguay was paid much more last year and hes taking this 1 mill to try and rebound and cash in again...
3) erat =Tanguay legwand>>>prospal Arnott >>>>>>Sykora let alone it takes us down out top 2 centers and makes us a VERY week team...

and i read ur message and sorry it was whining.. just bc you sa its not doeskin make it so... all i have to say is boy am i glad ur not our gm .. .. as a fan you cant go pick out what you think are cheap contracts and say hey why didn't we get them!
there are many things goes into it.. maybe they didnt want to come here? maybe our management didnt want them ? there no better then what we have.. or maybe just maybe we don't want to ship off our best most loyal payers just bc we can get a worse player for cheaper.. but its clear you have no loyalty to our core players that have done all what we asked them to do..

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Exxxcellent. My work here is done.

Old
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:

Didn't want Tanguay, glad we didn't sign him.
Why would anyone want a 50 point player instead of an AHL 'er?

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Why would anyone want a 50 point player instead of an AHL 'er?
Don't like him and glad we didn't go after him, that's MHO. I personally would rather us sign someone else like Sykora for example, but Poille is standing pat thus far.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
lightning_legwand*

Loyalty to our core players??? lol, like when we let Vokoun, Hartnell, Kariya, and Timonen all walk in one year??? Is that Nashville just being loyal to their core players???
Is there any reason to believe we wont lose Arny, Dumont, Leggy and Erat all in one season?

What I am saying is not to sacrifice ""ALL"" three of Erat Arny and Leggy, but maybe one could be spared to bring in a GOAL SCORING forward and get us in the playoffs. That seems to be the only way because our himey owners wont spend another cent, so someone has to go to bring in someone better offensively. Or we can just continue to stand pat and do absolutely nothing and just keep losing fanbase in Nashville and continue to miss playoffs. Because this is NOT a playoff team for sure!

Also,

Read my original post again,

""""Well maybe now that he is off the market we will see Afinogenov and Sykora scooped up very shortly....

Interesting fact,

Tanguay (who is better forward than anyone on our roster) signed a deal in which he is making less than half of what Dumont, Arnott, Erat, and Leggy all make.""""

WHining???? All I said was since Tanguay was gone, maybe now we will see us or another team or the KHL potentially, who knows, scoop up Afino and Sykora seeing as the biggest name, Tanguay, was gone now. I never said "WHY DIDNT WE TAKE TANGUAY!!!!! or NOW WE WILL TAKE AFINO FOR SURE SINCE TANGUAY IS GONE!!!
I was just making conversation saying that I can see those two being signed now that Tanguay is off market.

Then I just stated a fact underneath saying that these guys were all signed for less than some guys on our team. I am not saying dump ALL of them and pick up Sykora, and Afino, But maybe one for one.

Say we dropped Erat and took afino, well then we save like 3.5 mill in cap space, plus get a player who i feel could be better offensively. Make sense???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
legwand, erat and Arnott at 15 > prospal, Tanguay and Sykora @ 6

and I love your assumptions and things you sorely forget to think about ..
1) prospal wouldnt of signed that cheep here ...
2) Tanguay was paid much more last year and hes taking this 1 mill to try and rebound and cash in again...
3) erat =Tanguay legwand>>>prospal Arnott >>>>>>Sykora let alone it takes us down out top 2 centers and makes us a VERY week team...

and i read ur message and sorry it was whining.. just bc you sa its not doeskin make it so... all i have to say is boy am i glad ur not our gm .. .. as a fan you cant go pick out what you think are cheap contracts and say hey why didn't we get them!
there are many things goes into it.. maybe they didnt want to come here? maybe our management didnt want them ? there no better then what we have.. or maybe just maybe we don't want to ship off our best most loyal payers just bc we can get a worse player for cheaper.. but its clear you have no loyalty to our core players that have done all what we asked them to do..

Old
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
What I am saying is not to sacrifice ""ALL"" three of Erat Arny and Leggy, but maybe one could be spared to bring in a GOAL SCORING forward and get us in the playoffs.
Funny, I could have sworn Tanguay had less points and less goals than all three of those guys. Considerably less than Arnott in particular.

Old
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Loyalty to our core players??? lol, like when we let Vokoun, Hartnell, Kariya, and Timonen all walk in one year??? Is that Nashville just being loyal to their core players???
Wow.

You just haven't got a clue, have you?

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Funny, I could have sworn Tanguay had less points and less goals than all three of those guys. Considerably less than Arnott in particular.
pfft how dare you use reason on this bored! take it back!!!!

I don't think Erat is a better player then all of ours... all he is is a play-maker... we need goal scores not play makers .. that alone the def side of the game... but hey again why use reason

again again i state how do you know we didnt give an offer to Tanguay and he just didnt want to sign here?

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Forget it Vix, you are talking about sports fans who think the grass is greener on the other side and the ice is smoother on the other side of the border.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Wow.

You just haven't got a clue, have you?
he really doesn't

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:04 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
he really doesn't

hahahahahaha,

u guys r funny. try actually replying to what i said.

Obviously we had ownership problems and could not re sign anyone.

I didnt realize how SECURE our ownership was now and that we can afford to re sign EVERYONE!! We are a rich team!

Old
08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
lightning_legwand*

Last seasons (since lockout)

Tanguay - 280GP 85G 259P

Dumont - 298GP 86G 243P

Erat - 295GP 76G 213P

Arnott - 293GP 120G 259P

So who has the best points per game average?????? Looks like Tanguay

Who makes the least money of these 4???? Looks like Tanguay

And as far as age goes, Tanguay is the second youngest of them behind Erat.

also, Arnotts best numbers in the past 4 years were in Dallas, he has never done as good in nashville as he did there.

I am not saying we should have got Tanguay, but we should have got something for reasonable price.

I have heard some posters here say that I think the grass is greener on the other side........ Isn't it???

If I were a fan of any other team in our division I would be more excited about this upcoming season then I am as a preds fan. Its unfortunate but thats how it is. I thought the salary cap would help us, but now its so damn high, why even have one?