HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heatley Article

Old
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Reydin

vCash: 500
Heatley Article

Basically a rehash of what Hextall said a few weeks ago.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...86266-sun.html

If your core is established and theyve proven they can win, its different. I think you can take that swing. I dont think were in that position yet. Because if were wrong, (Anze) Kopitar and (Dustin) Brown and (Drew) Doughty and these guys lose control. (Heatley) becomes the room and then you have a huge problem. And hes not going to be controlled by them. That leadership group is not strong enough yet to deal with a guy who can change your team.

Im not saying those kids cant do it. Its still in the formative stages. I dont need to put that burden on them. Theyve still got to perform and go to another level.

You guys have a cool GM

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
KingPuckChoo

and we also have a "cool" team...maybe even a little bit too cool for hockey
that's why we always chill back around the 13th, 14th place, no need to prove anything to no one, we are simply too cool !

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
deano

Management is right in this scenario. This is not fantasy hockey after all, and stats don't paint the whole picture. Heatley is about himself, and not about the team. For anyone who has had to work hard for whatever they have gotten in life, this arrogant spoiled brat crap amongst professional athletes is really freaking annoying. "F---" Heatley, he can go to the freaking Sabres or anywhere else for all I care.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Reydin

I think the Kings has a better than 50/50 chance to make the playoffs this year.

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Management is right in this scenario. This is not fantasy hockey after all, and stats don't paint the whole picture. Heatley is about himself, and not about the team. For anyone who has had to work hard for whatever they have gotten in life, this arrogant spoiled brat crap amongst professional athletes is really freaking annoying. "F---" Heatley, he can go to the freaking Sabres or anywhere else for all I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
I think the Kings has a better than 50/50 chance to make the playoffs this year.

Me too. Smyth and Williams are going to have to stay healthy. Quick is going to have to match or exceed his performance from last year and we're going to need a little luck, but Hey no LOLabarbera this year.

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Mike The Franchise

I wonder where Heatley will end up?

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
Not in LA, that's for sure.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
Either He stays in Ottawa, accepts the trade to Edmonton or SJ ponies up for him and the cap hits work out.

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
I think it's better than 50/50. I'm going 80/20 they make the playoffs. Lombardi has really assembled a good team and the players that the team has been built with all have one thing in common - it's all about the team first. The additions of Ryan Smyth, Rob Scuderi and Justin Williams just can't be underestimated. Having those three for a full year, plus the continued growth and emergence of guys like Dustin Brown, Jon Quick, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, etc...should mean that the Kings make the playoffs. There won't be a repeat of the second half melt down they suffered.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:54 AM
kingsin2017

There are too many good teams in the West to say the Kings are a shoe-in for the playoffs. The Kings will be fighting with everyone for a 7th or 8th spot. It all depends on which teams can stay healthy, develop chemistry, and get some good bounces.

I haven't been this optimistic for a Kings season in a long time. I think they've got a great chance to make the playoffs, but if I were a betting man, I'd guess out of the playoffs rather than in.

kingsin2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think it's better than 50/50. I'm going 80/20 they make the playoffs. Lombardi has really assembled a good team and the players that the team has been built with all have one thing in common - it's all about the team first. The additions of Ryan Smyth, Rob Scuderi and Justin Williams just can't be underestimated. Having those three for a full year, plus the continued growth and emergence of guys like Dustin Brown, Jon Quick, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, etc...should mean that the Kings make the playoffs. There won't be a repeat of the second half melt down they suffered.
Although 80/20 might be a bit too favoarble this is great post! This year will prove to whteher the Kings will be a legit contender for years to come or if we will continue to struggle for at least the next 5 more years.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote