HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey camps/clinics

Old
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Tackleberry

vCash: 500
Hockey camps/clinics

Since there are soo many camps and clinics out there, what you you seen as parents or players?
-What are the good ones, the not soo good and which ones are way overpriced?
-Please be specific as to which camp you(or your kid attended), and what were the good and bad points.
-Please indicate where the camp took place and what ages the camp was geared toward.

Also:
My son will be attending the Paul Cohen Hockey Camp from 10-14 Aug in Brandon Fl. I have been trying to read reviews but havent found any. I have heard good things from the Brandon Ice forum staff but nothing (good or bad) from any parents. For $250 for 5 days, 15 hours of ice time, professional instruction, it should be worth the $. DOES ANYONE have any reviews of Paul Cohen's camps?

Last edited by Tackleberry: 08-05-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: update
Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 04:19 PM
rinkrat22

2 really good camps for kids
#1 Greg carter hockey camp gchockey.com
THe kids spend like 6 hrs on ice (on for 50 mins off 10 to zam) great edge work and individual skills
#2 pro ambitions hockey camp proambitions.com
they have a couple of different camps but I like the "battle camp" teaches kids how to win those 1on1 2on2 battles all over the ice.(in the corners, front of the net, along the boards) another real good camp.
I'm not going to get into camps I didn't like but those 2 are great, and the kids have fun. also at the greg carter camp there is no wasted time on the ice you will definitely get your moneys worth.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:15 PM
philip69

an adult hockey camp!

hi my name is philip, i come from the netherlands i started playing hockey feb. 2008 so i'm a beginner last summer i went to a camp in tsjechie but next summer i want to go to an adult camp from can/am does somebody know it? is it any good? or do you have some other camp suggestions please let me know?

philip69 is offline   Reply With Quote