HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Should Fill The Second Line RW Role

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Afinogenov would probably be the best for your of all remaining FA's if he could be signed for 1.5-2.2 million, though I don't know if you guys have the cap space. He's fast, good stickhandler, plays a hard nosed game, and if he plays under Tocchet's system he could very well put up very solid numbers. Doesn't think the game through too well but a bona fide top 6 forward aside from that. Much better option than Sykora, who just took a nosedive last season and seems to have entirely lost his wheels.
We've definitely got the cap space. (A little under 9.5 mil remaining) The thing is that Lawton has said that the roster probably isn't going to change before opening night. They need to evaluate everyone first before they'd make a move. Fortunately for the fans, there's only like a week left until training camp starts, so they'll be finding their answer soon.

Old
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Ur Team is Jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I think Steven Downie should be given at least a chance at the role.

Downie-Stamkos-St.louis was awesome, both St.louis and Downie showing great chemistry together and with Malone-VL-Tanguay our lines look pretty damn good imo.

Least thats how I would roll it, but then again Im not the head coach so.......yeah.....
Agreed. Give Downie a chance n leave Marty with Stamkos.

Old
09-08-2009, 11:01 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I'd trade Krajicek + a 4th or 3rd for a RW like Svatos.
I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Think we ought to try and pry Kobasew from Boston, he is about their 10th top 6 forward, and isn't terribly expensive at 2.3 mil per season. Good for 20 goals, aggressive play, and aware in both ends. He would fit perfectly on Stamkos' wing.
Even better. He'd get 30/20/50 w Stammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Stamkos will center the second line, and man I wish we could have JP Dumont on Stamkos wing. That'd be sick.
If JP were on the wing with Stammy, he'd end up with 70 assists while Stammer would be a Rocket Richard Candidate.

Old
09-08-2009, 11:38 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
I wish!

Even better. He'd get 30/20/50 w Stammer.

If JP were on the wing with Stammy, he'd end up with 70 assists while Stammer would be a Rocket Richard Candidate.
I love Kobasew but I don't think who he has for center matters, Kobasew plays his game and gets his goals regardless of what everyone else is doing. I think he would fit in perfectly as a cheap 2nd line wing, but expecting 30 goals would be too much.

Closed Thread