HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2009-10 Lowell Devils & Trenton Devils Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Harrison Ford

vCash: 500
Not sure if this was posted yet:

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...admission.html

There are two Lowell preseason games for free upcoming at the Rock.

Old
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Not sure if this was posted yet:

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...admission.html

There are two Lowell preseason games for free upcoming at the Rock.
I love my job this time of year. I already made arrangements to make the 1:00 PM game next Wednesday.

Old
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

O it was in here

Old
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
HoOn

Send a message via AIM to HoOn Send a message via Yahoo to HoOn
I've always wanted to watch a Lowells game but live to far to see one. I'll try to go to the 1pm game tomorrow. Anyone else going?

Old
09-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Cowbell232

Is anyone else coming out to the 1PM game today?

I'm considering live-blogging it if anyone wants. Possibly in a new thread here, or maybe on my Twitter... (CowbellSteve)

Old
09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Shtikl

PS Game #3: Lowell 1, Providence 2, SO

Scoresheet here.

Gionta scored a short-handed goal!

I'm told the last bout between Cormier and some guy in #11 lasted almost a minute, they tired each other out pretty thoroughly.

Old
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
brule2000

I assume Trenton has no preseason as their players play for Lowell whilst Lowell's players participate in Jersey's camp.

Old
09-25-2009, 08:52 PM
trentondevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brule2000 View Post
I assume Trenton has no preseason as their players play for Lowell whilst Lowell's players participate in Jersey's camp.
Trenton has two preseason games, one in Elmira on Oct. 9 and one in Reading on Oct. 11. The regular season starts at home in Trenton with games against Kalamazoo on Oct. 17th and 18th. As Lowells players start to dribble down from the Devils camp, Trenton's players will start to dribble down from Lowell.

Old
09-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Shtikl

Pre-season 9/26: Lowell 6, Portland 3

Pirates game recap here.

Old
09-27-2009, 07:39 AM
brule2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentondevil View Post
Trenton has two preseason games, one in Elmira on Oct. 9 and one in Reading on Oct. 11. The regular season starts at home in Trenton with games against Kalamazoo on Oct. 17th and 18th. As Lowells players start to dribble down from the Devils camp, Trenton's players will start to dribble down from Lowell.
Thanks td. That explains why the ECHL season starts a fortnight later than the other pro leagues. Makes perfect sense.

Jeff Prough is an interesting case this season. He seems a goal scorer that could be effective at Lowell and is still fairly young but I assume the number of prospects the Devils intend to send to Lowell make it unlikely he'll get the chance ahead of Snetsinger for instance.

That quantity of young players must be good news for the T-Devs though.

Old
09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
You will have....Zharkov, Vasyunov, Palmieri, Halischuk, Castonguay, Ben Walter, Gionta, Sestito, Davis, Swift, Mills, Nagy, Snetsinger. Lowell will make the playoffs and should score a lot!

Old
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I'm definitely heading to some Lowell games this year. It's only about an hour from my school. Anyone that plans on going to a game let me know.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I'm definitely heading to some Lowell games this year. It's only about an hour from my school. Anyone that plans on going to a game let me know.
It's only 2 hrs or so for me. I might head up to watch them. It's much more cost effective for me to wait until they visit Hartford and see them then though. So we'll see.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's only 2 hrs or so for me. I might head up to watch them. It's much more cost effective for me to wait until they visit Hartford and see them then though. So we'll see.
Alright just let me know dawg

Old
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I think Palmieri is going to have a 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge year.

Old
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Babachka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
You will have....Zharkov, Vasyunov, Palmieri, Halischuk, Castonguay, Ben Walter, Gionta, Sestito, Davis, Swift, Mills, Nagy, Snetsinger. Lowell will make the playoffs and should score a lot!
You really think Snetsinger & Castonguay will stick with Lowell? I'd be psyched if they did, but I see to many forwards on the list before them.

Old
09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babachka View Post
You really think Snetsinger & Castonguay will stick with Lowell? I'd be psyched if they did, but I see to many forwards on the list before them.
Sentsinger tore it up in Trenton last year. I'd be surprised if he didn't stick with Lowell.

Old
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

I really like Snetsinger. I think he will be a good player for Lowell this season.

I agree with DD too, Palmieri is a baller.

Old
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit View Post
I really like Snetsinger. I think he will be a good player for Lowell this season.

I agree with DD too, Palmieri is a baller.
Like, lead-the-team-in-goals kind of year. He's going to play in the top six and on the PP, so it'll probably be between him and Vasyunov.

25 goals for Napalm.

Old
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Like, lead-the-team-in-goals kind of year. He's going to play in the top six and on the PP, so it'll probably be between him and Vasyunov.

25 goals for Napalm.
Agreed. He went on a tear during the playoffs last year.

17 games, 14 goals.

The kid doesn't **** around.

Old
10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

25 goals for Napalm.
I agree, he will have a breakout year. I'm excited to see it happening, I'll definitely go to a few Hartford/Lowell games this year.

And Napalm is a badass nickname. Is that actually what they call him, or did you just make that up? Either way,

Old
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
titans04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Sentsinger tore it up in Trenton last year. I'd be surprised if he didn't stick with Lowell.

No doubt he was the most naturally talented player in Trenton. Also no doubt he took way to many shifts off and at times looked totally disinterested. From his pregame ritual where he doesn't particpate in any of the shooting drills because to busy bouncing the puck on his stick. Almost every one of his goals were down low which was great it was also pretty clear he has a lot of work to do on his shot, honestly he had one goal at home from more than 17-20 feet out and he flat out basically fanned and the roller got by a screened goalie. He definately has the skills but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't work hard enough to stick in Lowell. Another sign they weren't happy about his efforts he was the last forward sent down and others were called up before him which usually never happens.

Castonguay is another talented kid that scores in bunches but the last two seasons he's really hit the wall at the 2/3 mark, night and day difference. Last year he got banged up late and missed a couple weeks when he came back he was rested and played better. He's charmin soft has yet to throw a check, he left game 7 last year with what looked like a semi-serious knee injury.

Last edited by titans04: 10-01-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old
10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans04 View Post
No doubt he was the most naturally talented player in Trenton. Also no doubt he took way to many shifts off and at times looked totally disinterested. From his pregame ritual where he doesn't particpate in any of the shooting drills because to busy bouncing the puck on his stick. Almost every one of his goals were down low which was great it was also pretty clear he has a lot of work to do on his shot, honestly he had one goal at home from more than 17-20 feet out and he flat out basically fanned and the roller got by a screened goalie. He definately has the skills but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't work hard enough to stick in Lowell. Another sign they weren't happy about his efforts he was the last forward sent down and others were called up before him which usually never happens.

Castonguay is another talented kid that scores in bunches but the last two seasons he's really hit the wall at the 2/3 mark, night and day difference. Last year he got banged up late and missed a couple weeks when he came back he was rested and played better. He's charmin soft has yet to throw a check, he left game 7 last year with what looked like a semi-serious knee injury.
Your right on about "Snetzky" thats what I like to call em'. He doesn't look like a Devils type of player but, Prough works his ass off like Parise.

Old
10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
titans04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Your right on about "Snetzky" thats what I like to call em'. He doesn't look like a Devils type of player but, Prough works his ass off like Parise.

Prough was a guy Kowalsky picked up of the scrap heap for nothing from Gwinnett where he wasn't even in the lineup on some days. In fact he was cut let go by Florida where he started the year out. He works his ass off and never takes a shift off. The kids at times was just flat out amazing at times, there were a few time were he flew down the wing got a few feet inside the blueline and just when short side top shelf when you would swear there was no way there was room for the puck to find the net. Be interesting to see if he sticks in Lowell. Given the choice of all last years T-Devils that are in camp imo he is clearly the most deserving and it's not even close.

Old
10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
titans04

Lowells season opening roster:

Ben Walter
11 Stephen Gionta
12 Tim Sestito
14 Nathan Perkovich
15 Patrick Davis
16 Brad Snetsinger
17 Vladimir Zharkov