HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-10 Lowell Devils & Trenton Devils Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2009, 11:41 PM
  #51
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I agree, he will have a breakout year. I'm excited to see it happening, I'll definitely go to a few Hartford/Lowell games this year.

And Napalm is a badass nickname. Is that actually what they call him, or did you just make that up? Either way,
Made it up hahaha

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 11:45 PM
  #52
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Made it up hahaha
We should try to make it stick, that's a fantastic nickname. I know I'd like it if my name lent itself to a nickname like that.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
  #53
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
We should try to make it stick, that's a fantastic nickname. I know I'd like it if my name lent itself to a nickname like that.
If it's on these boards it will stick. ZZPops originated on this board if I remember correctly.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
  #54
Mustangs
Registered User
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
I have no idea what is going to happen in Lowell this year. Last year there was some hope, but again this year the team is very young and for the team to even make the playoffs the young players need to show there stuff.

Mustangs is offline  
Old
10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
  #55
adzrne7
 
adzrne7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Josefson held scoreless in his team's 4-4 tie.
Tedenby held scoreless in his teams 6-4 win.

Josefson 5gp, 0g, 4a, 4p
Tedenby 5gp, 1g, 1a, 2p

adzrne7 is offline  
Old
10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
  #56
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Amidst the not so great game last night, Lowell's season also started last night as well. They lost 4-3 in OT, with Coleman between the pipes. Palmieri and Perkovich are the noteable prospects who each picked up an assist.

Also, my Lowell Devils season preview is up on the HF main page for everyone to read

__________________
"I couldn't care less about the team struggling"....A very drunk Joe Namath

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
  #57
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Lowell won 4-0 this afternoon.

Perkovich, Zharkov, and Snetsinger each picked up a goal and an assist. Sestito also scored a goal. McKenna got the shutout.

Das Uber is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
  #58
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,827
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Lowell won 4-0 this afternoon.

Perkovich, Zharkov, and Snetsinger each picked up a goal and an assist. Sestito also scored a goal. McKenna got the shutout.
Nicely done, kids. Good to see Zharkov put up some points, too.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
  #59
Hypernova
Gelly shots all day
 
Hypernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Baahston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
I can't believe Perkovich scored today. He was horrible in the Sharks game. It must have been some easy rebound off something Zharkov created.

Hypernova is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
  #60
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jersey Devil View Post
I can't believe Perkovich scored today. He was horrible in the Sharks game. It must have been some easy rebound off something Zharkov created.
Well Zharkov had the secondary assist on his goal so I doubt it. I don't know why it's so shocking that Perkovich scored. People here seem to put too much stock into one game. First Corrente is a bust because he took a dumb penalty in a preseason game, and now this?

Even seasoned vets have bad games and make mistakes from time to time.

Das Uber is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
  #61
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Lowell won 4-0 this afternoon.

Perkovich, Zharkov, and Snetsinger each picked up a goal and an assist. Sestito also scored a goal. McKenna got the shutout.
Good to see Zharkov making some noise down in Lowell early in the season. I want to see him force the team to call him up and give him his cup of coffee.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
  #62
crashlanding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Not to mention that Perkovich scored a crap load of goals on some crappy LSSU teams. The kid has a scoring touch.

crashlanding is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
  #63
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mulberry & Edison
Country: United States
Posts: 21,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Good to see Zharkov making some noise down in Lowell early in the season. I want to see him force the team to call him up and give him his cup of coffee.
If Halischuk's play does not improve I can see Zharkov getting a call up.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 09:21 AM
  #64
Hypernova
Gelly shots all day
 
Hypernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Baahston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Well Zharkov had the secondary assist on his goal so I doubt it. I don't know why it's so shocking that Perkovich scored. People here seem to put too much stock into one game. First Corrente is a bust because he took a dumb penalty in a preseason game, and now this?

Even seasoned vets have bad games and make mistakes from time to time.
Maybe it was just one bad game, but if so, it was the freakin mother of bad games.

Hypernova is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
  #65
Barcelonian Devil
Registered User
 
Barcelonian Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Barcelonian Devil
what's the latest on frazee?

Barcelonian Devil is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
  #66
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,154
vCash: 500
Happy B-Day Kory Nagy!

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 11:54 AM
  #67
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
I thought Perkovich looked horrid in the prospect scrimmage. Good gracious is he slow.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
  #68
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashlanding View Post
Not to mention that Perkovich scored a crap load of goals on some crappy LSSU teams. The kid has a scoring touch.
The guy clearly is a goal scorer, and while he may be weak in other areas, if he can score, he could very well eventually get a chance. I still think he's a little raw, but with a couple years in the AHL, who knows. He's always been a little underrated a prospect.

Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
  #69
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I thought Perkovich looked horrid in the prospect scrimmage. Good gracious is he slow.
So was Dave Andreychuk and he scored 600+ goals in this league. I'm not comparing Perkovich to Andreychuk in abilities but in terms of style. They both have a special knock for scoring goals, somehow...

Just sayin....

Devilswede is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
  #70
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
But Andreychuk wasn't able to keep up with the game post lockout, it's basically why he retired. It's very hard to be slow and remain successful in the game these days. I hope Perkovich can do it, but we'll see.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
  #71
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
But Andreychuk wasn't able to keep up with the game post lockout, it's basically why he retired. It's very hard to be slow and remain successful in the game these days. I hope Perkovich can do it, but we'll see.
Umm, Andreychuk retired because he was 40, not because "the new NHL" wasn't suited for his style.

There will always be a place for goalscorers in the game...

Devilswede is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
  #72
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
But Andreychuk wasn't able to keep up with the game post lockout, it's basically why he retired. It's very hard to be slow and remain successful in the game these days. I hope Perkovich can do it, but we'll see.
He was also 42 years old post-lockout. I'm pretty sure that had more to do with it.

Das Uber is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
  #73
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
So was Dave Andreychuk and he scored 600+ goals in this league. I'm not comparing Perkovich to Andreychuk in abilities but in terms of style. They both have a special knock for scoring goals, somehow...

Just sayin....
I doubt Perkovich has the tools necessary to make up for his lack of skating fortitude.

If he ends up kicking ass I will eat crow.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
  #74
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I doubt Perkovich has the tools necessary to make up for his lack of skating fortitude.

If he ends up kicking ass I will eat crow.
I've never seen Perkovich play, but I've heard he's got a hard shot. He did go to Lake Superior State which is the alma mater of this guy:



(I tried to find the most horrendous picture of Rolston out there, and I think I did fairly well).

Das Uber is offline  
Old
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
  #75
crashlanding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
I've never seen Perkovich play, but I've heard he's got a hard shot. He did go to Lake Superior State which is the alma mater of this guy:



(I tried to find the most horrendous picture of Rolston out there, and I think I did fairly well).
It looks like he was making a pitch to get traded to St. Louis with that beard.

crashlanding is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.