HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp 2009

Old
09-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Teemu

vCash: 500
Training Camp 2009

36 Dave Bolland
22 Troy Brouwer
37 Adam Burish (LTIR)
33 Dustin Byfuglien
55 Ben Eager
46 Colin Fraser
81 Marian Hossa (LTIR)
88 Patrick Kane
82 Tomas Kopecky
16 Andrew Ladd
11 John Madden
10 Patrick Sharp "A"
20 Jack Skille
52 Radek Smolenak
19 Jonathan Toews "C"
32 Kris Versteeg

25 Cam Barker
51 Brian Campbell
6 Jordan Hendry
4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
2 Duncan Keith "A"
7 Brent Seabrook
5 Brent Sopel

39 Cristobal Huet
31 Antti Niemi

All juniors players re-assigned.

Ice Hogs training camp:
*NHL contract

6 Bracken Kearns
9 Derek Nesbitt
14 Dan Bertram*
16 Nathan Davis*
19 Justin Hodgman
20 Akim Aliu*
21 Bryan Ewing
23 Adam Hobson*
24 Pete MacArthur*
26 Maxime Tanguay
Danny Bois
Ryan Flinn (try-out)

3 Jonathan Carlsson*
5 Mike Brennan*
8 Simon Danis-Pepin*
10 Brian Connelly*
11 Mark Cullen*
13 David Phillips
27 J.C. Sawyer
41 Daryl Boyle
48 Joe Charlebois
Aaron Johnson
Richard Petiot

29 Joe Palmer
30 Joe Fallon*
35 Alec Richards*
Corey Crawford

Last edited by Teemu: 09-30-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Anyone know if camp is open to the public? I know it's at Johnny's Ice House, but I can't find any closed or open info.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Anyone know if camp is open to the public? I know it's at Johnny's Ice House, but I can't find any closed or open info.
It's open to the public.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:44 PM
azrael111

Where' Brennan Turner?

azrael111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:16 AM
brymel

I am trying to find dates and times for the training camp, and was wondering if any of you could help me out. I believe they are open to the public...

Thanks...

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
ered7

Try the Hawks website. I don't know if it is open to the public, training camp. I think Disney on Ice is at the UC thru Sunday so if camp opens it'll probably be at Johnny's Ice house down the street until the UC is vacated of the Disney sets.

They are having a Training Camp Festival at the UC with a practice on Sat. that people pay 5 bucks (plus service fees thru ticketmaster) to get in to see, and it's on the same day as the first pre-season game with the Capitals.

Edit:
Thought I'd add that in Tim Sassone's column he mentioned this:
The Hawks will allow fans to watch training camp sessions at Johnny’s. Those at the United Center are closed to the public.

Last edited by ered7: 09-12-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: addition
ered7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Teemu

http://stuy.proboards.com/index.cgi?...&page=4#286385

rk from The 300 Level:

No set lines except for Sharp-Toews-Ladd
Unbelievable, Sopel was outstanding today. Appeared to be back to the level when he first arrived. Scored a slap shot goal, and a penalty shot goal. Next I would say was Ladd.

Huet looked solid letting in one softy and one decent goal. Niemi let in two softies and then nothing else. He actually tended in both scrimmages. Palmer was whaled on in game #2. Let in three straight goals in about 7 minutes. Crawford only let in Sopels penalty shot. Other than that made some very good saves.

Beach and Aliu both looked to be feeling out the game. Beach picked Kaners pocket in the first game which then turned into a goal.

Madden is going to be an impact player. He scored in the 2nd game the first frickin time he touched the puck!!!

@ChrisKuc:

Blackhawks goalie Cristobal Huet has changed uniform number from No. 38 to 39.

Tomas Kopecky scores first goal of Blackhawks' first scrimmage.

Jake Dowell vs. Bracken Kearns in first fight of Blackhawks camp. Dowell wins decisively

Jonathan Toews already a standout during Blackhawks scrimmage.

Center Dave Bolland missed first day of Blackhawks training camp with lower-body injury. Coach Joel Quenneville said, "It's not serious."

Last edited by Teemu: 09-13-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
http://stuy.proboards.com/index.cgi?...&page=4#286385

rk from The 300 Level:

No set lines except for Sharp-Toews-Ladd
Unbelievable, Sopel was outstanding today. Appeared to be back to the level when he first arrived. Scored a slap shot goal, and a penalty shot goal. Next I would say was Ladd.

Huet looked solid letting in one softy and one decent goal. Niemi let in two softies and then nothing else. He actually tended in both scrimmages. Palmer was whaled on in game #2. Let in three straight goals in about 7 minutes. Crawford only let in Sopels penalty shot. Other than that made some very good saves.

Beach and Aliu both looked to be feeling out the game. Beach picked Kaners pocket in the first game which then turned into a goal.

Madden is going to be an impact player. He scored in the 2nd game the first frickin time he touched the puck!!!
That can't be RK, he actually spelled "Aliu" right!

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 06:14 AM
JeffForsberg21

Anyone have the jerseys numbers of the invitees ? Thanks

JeffForsberg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Sassone mentioned that today (Monday) would be at Johnny's again but the rest of the week is at the UC, where the practices are closed.

I can't find a full practice schedule, either.

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Quicktimer

How's lalonde looking?

Quicktimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Teemu

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=321369&src=149
Sassone:

Corey Crawford and Antti Niemi went head to head in a Monday scrimmage. In a 25-minute period with running time, Niemi allowed no goals and Crawford 1.

Since the battle is to be Cristobal Huet's backup, coach Joel Quenneville was asked if a factor in management's decision might be determining which goalie could best handle not playing for as much as a week to 10 days.

"I don't know if that's going to be part of the equation," Quenneville said. "I think maybe it's who you feel more comfortable with, knowing he has earned the opportunity to play. I think that will be the first criteria."

It was another feisty day for center Jake Dowell on Monday. Dowell had his second fight in as many days, angrily going after Bryan Bickell, a teammate of his at Rockford last season.

"I'm competing with a few guys, and you just want everyone to know you're serious," said Dowell, a candidate for the one or two jobs open at forward. "Everyone is trying to do what they can to set themselves apart and get noticed."

Joel Quenneville has noticed Dowell.

"I think Jake's had a really good two days," Quenneville said. "Our camp has been very competitive for two days. It's been physical and a lot of guys are pushing. Nobody looks like they're satisfied, especially the guys who know they're fighting for a job."

Center Dave Bolland sat out a second straight day of scrimmages with what the Hawks are calling a sore lower back

According to an ESPN Chicago report, Duncan Keith's agent will be in town soon, presumably to begin contract talks with Bowman.

Old
09-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Teemu

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/topic...ay.html?page=2
from nanahawk @ CBH (Monday):

Danis-Pepin was not only huge, but he had a good day. He had some nice plays & moves, picked Bur's pocket once. Eager, Brouwer, Burish, and Versteeg were all very high-energy when they were out on the ice. Versteeg just missed on a penalty shot. Brouwer looked like he was really playing hard & competitively, not taking a spot for granted. Lalonde got a goal.

Sharp - Toews - Ladd was the top line on the black team again today and they looked good. Sharp has a serious rocket and Toews and Ladd were hustling as usual. Kane was with Eager and Fraser today and he was very fun to watch. He bumped Keith into the boards after a play and it was funny. Keith had a good day, looking very fast of course, and almost always in perfect position. Seabs looked good. He and Burish both had funny spills on the ice, but it makes you worry that it is in such bad condition that someone could get hurt. I'm sure the players will be excited to get back to the UC with better ice & more space, and then also Johnny's II. Sopel looked pretty solid both days evidently. Madden & Kopecky each bring a good presence to the ice; I like those signings. Hjalmarsson had some good shifts. It is hard to remember everything I saw, I was trying to watch so many people at once, so unfortunately I don't have specific feedback on people like Skille about which you are probably curious. I know Campbell & Klinkhammer had a good day 1.

Aliu seemed less polished, but with real, raw talent. It made sense to watch him today after seeing other feedback on here from you guys about PC (when I went to the Friday session of PC, Beach & Aliu were not there). Dowell and Bickell fought right in front of us... went for a while, not many punches landed but it was intense and all the players started banging their sticks on the boards from the bench.

Old
09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Teemu

bgardn3 @ CBH (Tuesday):

Buff seemed to be glued to Madden, they seemed to be on the ice together each time. Both looked fine, I thought - it may be a combo that the team wants working together. Aliu also skated with them at times.

Didn't expect much from Palmer, but he looked very sharp in the 10 minutes or so I saw of him. He was getting shelled but held his own for awhile. I saw him give up a wrister to Kopecky and, from what I understand, he gave up a few more after that. Crawford had a couple ugly plays that stuck out.. one was a juicy rebound that turned into his only goal allowed.. the other was a scramble that brought him down and out of the crease - the puck was kept out of the net by Keith, who denied Kane's wrap-around attempt.

Old
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Teemu

rk again:

Buff was a beast as getting the puck away from him on the boards looked to be a task for anyone going against him.

Kopecky is going to surprise some people that are bashing him. Madden could be the best move all off season. He looks in very good form.

Players standing out: Kane, Kopecky, Lalonde, Ewing, Tangauy

PK had 3 assists and a goal in scrimmage #1. Lalonde had a Rocket shot from the blue line.

Sopel continued to impress. Even on the larger ice. Has lost about 10lbs and looks hungry to play. Ladd-JT-Sharp dominated, while not scoring, they still dominated when on the ice.

Beach and Skille went at it in scrimmage #2. Wasnt a huge fight but Beach took Skille down to the ice to finish it off. That was really the only scuffle. Beach looked good today, and as last year it appears the more he plays the more he improves.

Huet was ok other than JT man handling him in the penatly shot. Palmer was slammed again. Giving up 4 goals in 25 minutes. Niemi gave up one goal in the 2nd half of the second game. Fallon while giving up 2 goals also had some good saves. Crawford was fairly consistant as well.

Old
09-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Quicktimer

I wanna see Sopel now.

Quicktimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Teemu

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2604

Don't count out Jack Skille winning a roster spot unless his $1.275 million cap number comes into play.

Jordan Hendry has been very steady, looking a lot like he did 2007-08

Coach Joel Quenneville called it Tuesday when he said Patrick Kane looked stronger and quicker on the ice. He does.

It's only scrimmages, but Tomas Kopecky is a better player than I thought. He is big and skilled.

Dustin Byfuglien looks to be in the best shape of his career.

Kyle Beach and Akim Aliu haven't been noticeable.

Veteran John Madden is a pro's pro and should definitely have an impact on and off the ice. Hes an upgrade from Sammy Pahlsson for sure.

Old
09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Sassone posted another handful of observations.. including "Coach Joel Quenneville called it Tuesday when he said Patrick Kane looked stronger and quicker on the ice. He does."

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2604

I agree with the positive comments about Kopecky, too. He looked more skilled than I expected. Kind of reminds me of Brouwer (I'm not sure why - he isn't as big or as physical from what I saw) with some sneaky skill for a grinder. Seems like the type of forward that could jump around the line-up as needed.

Old
09-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Teemu

Ha.

Old
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Too quick, Teemu, too quick.

I wanted to point out the practice schedule on the Hawks page -- there is one more day of camp that is open to the public, this Sunday at Johnny's.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Teemu

First cuts
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=chi-home-dl

The Chicago Blackhawks have assigned forwards Justin Hodgman, Matt Keith and Maxime Tanguay, defensemen Joe Charlebois and Jean-Claude Sawyer and goaltender Joe Palmer to the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs.

In addition, the Blackhawks have assigned forwards Byron Froese and David Gilbert and defenseman Teigan Zahn to their junior clubs.

The Blackhawks’ training camp roster now stands at 50 active players, which includes 29 forwards, 16 defensemen and five goaltenders.

Couldn't tell you if Keith signed with the Hawks or the Hogs

Old
09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Defeatist*

When's Hossa expected back?

Defeatist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:27 AM
DinkusMaximus

Niemi V. Crawford

So how have Niemi and Crawford looked? Have there been any good articles about their battle for the back-up spot in the press? I'm really intrigued to see how this one pans out, but I'm not from the Chicago area. So far this is all I really found: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...-vs-niemi.html

DinkusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:56 AM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinkusMaximus View Post
So how have Niemi and Crawford looked? Have there been any good articles about their battle for the back-up spot in the press? I'm really intrigued to see how this one pans out, but I'm not from the Chicago area. So far this is all I really found: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...-vs-niemi.html
Here is a little from Jesse Roger's blog for ESPN. The "Two For One" is all about it and he mentions it in the one before it. I have a feeling he will be keeping an eye on them.

Jesse Roger's Blog

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
The True Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeatist View Post
When's Hossa expected back?
Mid-November

The True Blue Crew is offline   Reply With Quote