HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Are we a playoff team?

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

vCash: 500
Are we a playoff team?

Ok, so I can't help but get caught up in everything that has been going on, and think we have everything we need to make it through mid April.

Tocchet is going to have controls for a full year, Stamkos is a year better, Vinny is healed, Ohlund and Hedman join the D, Ranger and Meszaros are no longer injured, Smith should be ready to go.

Tanguy gives us a solid top 6, and Downie should be ready to play full time there.

Our bottom 6 depth is much improved with signings like Veilloux, and we just have a ton of young guys ready to make an impact.

So here is my optimistic post of the season, I can't say we are definitely going to make it, but I think there are atleast 7 teams we can do better than.

Old
09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Ok, so I can't help but get caught up in everything that has been going on, and think we have everything we need to make it through mid April.

Tocchet is going to have controls for a full year, Stamkos is a year better, Vinny is healed, Ohlund and Hedman join the D, Ranger and Meszaros are no longer injured, Smith should be ready to go.

Tanguy gives us a solid top 6, and Downie should be ready to play full time there.

Our bottom 6 depth is much improved with signings like Veilloux, and we just have a ton of young guys ready to make an impact.

So here is my optimistic post of the season, I can't say we are definitely going to make it, but I think there are atleast 7 teams we can do better than.
Lets wait and see what the injury bug does.

Old
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Lets wait and see what the injury bug does.
And, if they can actually function as a team. A lot of new parts, a new coach, a new system, a new assistant coach, and the ongoing ownership drama is a lot of "ifs". Optimistically I think that they can be pushing for a spot. Hopefully they don't suck in the shoot out this year again.

Old
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
And, if they can actually function as a team. A lot of new parts, a new coach, a new system, a new assistant coach, and the ongoing ownership drama is a lot of "ifs". Optimistically I think that they can be pushing for a spot. Hopefully they don't suck in the shoot out this year again.
They functioned surprisingly well with garbage last year. Tocchet seemed to be getting through to guys, and i'm sure a lot of them wanted to be a part of the system because frankly, they might never get another NHL shot (Petiot, etc).

I mean, they pulled a few games out that they shouldn't have, like Boston at home (43-17 shots in favor of Boston, but we won 3-2).

Old
09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

so many things could go wrong, but if nothing bad happens then yes, we are a playoff team.

Closed Thread