HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Lashoff: Guaranteed Top Six?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
  #1
Fair Warning
Registered User
 
Fair Warning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
Matt Lashoff: Guaranteed Top Six?

Bruins fan here. Curious about Matt Lashoff and what TB expects him to bring to the table this year.

Couple of quick question for you...

- Is his new contract one-way or two-way?
- Is he expected to crack the top six and play regularly?

Thanks.

Fair Warning is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 01:29 PM
  #2
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
Bruins fan here. Curious about Matt Lashoff and what TB expects him to bring to the table this year.

Couple of quick question for you...

- Is his new contract one-way or two-way?
- Is he expected to crack the top six and play regularly?

Thanks.
Not sure what the contract is but he is expected to make the team as IIRC he'll have to clear waivers, and they don't want to lose him.

Tampa has said they'll carry 8 on the blueline this year and i'm sure he'll be one of them, just don't know how often he'll play.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
  #3
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
I THINK that the contract is Year 1: two way 525k Year 2: one way 575k

bassassin is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
  #4
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
I still think Foster was signed for the AHL. So the guaranteed will be

Ohlund-Meszaros-Ranger

The try to play every game guys

Hedman-Smaby-Walker-Lashoff-Krajicek-Lundin-Foster

(2 will go down to the minors) I think Lash will stay top 8, I'm hoping he makes the top 6 and plays every game with Walker and Smaby vying for that 6th spot, and Hedman being the other guy to make the team.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 03:17 PM
  #5
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how "in the plans" Lundin is.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM
  #6
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I'm not sure how "in the plans" Lundin is.
Yea, good player but just doesn't really fit in with all the guys we have, how I feel about Krajicek as well.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 03:51 PM
  #7
Tokala
Registered User
 
Tokala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I'm not sure how "in the plans" Lundin is.
Until he signs a contract, he's not.

Tokala is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
  #8
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
I THINK that the contract is Year 1: two way 525k Year 2: one way 575k
you are correct

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
  #9
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
you are correct
photographic memory

bassassin is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
  #10
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Until he signs a contract, he's not.
I'm sure they'll try to get something for him, so i'd imagine he'd be resigned.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 12:15 PM
  #11
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
I wish it was part of the CBA that players only get wavied when being sent down not when being called up. I feel bad for lundin, I think hes going to wow some people this year but is a product of a numbers game.......to bad he couldn't get called up with all of our injuries last year.....he seemed to get his confidence back in Norfolk.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
  #12
Fair Warning
Registered User
 
Fair Warning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
I still think Foster was signed for the AHL. So the guaranteed will be

Ohlund-Meszaros-Ranger

The try to play every game guys

Hedman-Smaby-Walker-Lashoff-Krajicek-Lundin-Foster

(2 will go down to the minors) I think Lash will stay top 8, I'm hoping he makes the top 6 and plays every game with Walker and Smaby vying for that 6th spot, and Hedman being the other guy to make the team.
What about Paul Ranger? Didn't he have a 30+ point season not too long ago?

Fair Warning is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 06:40 PM
  #13
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
What about Paul Ranger? Didn't he have a 30+ point season not too long ago?
Yeah he is one of the three locks for the team. He should get back up to about 30 points, hopefully anyway. Just hope his annual injury is something minor this year.

bassassin is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM
  #14
Fair Warning
Registered User
 
Fair Warning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Yeah he is one of the three locks for the team. He should get back up to about 30 points, hopefully anyway. Just hope his annual injury is something minor this year.
Cool. Thanks for the scouting report, everyone.

Fair Warning is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
  #15
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,901
vCash: 500
I think Lashoff makes the top six in Tampa Bay. I'm thinking the d will look something like the following:

Ohlund - Hedman
Ranger - Meszaros
Smaby - Lashoff
Krajicek

I really like the Ohlund signing though because he can play with anyone in the top six and they're going to be better for it. Ohlund was such a smart signing and hard to believe that he wasn't a bank breaker either.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
  #16
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Lashoff makes the top six in Tampa Bay. I'm thinking the d will look something like the following:

Ohlund - Hedman
Ranger - Meszaros
Smaby - Lashoff
Krajicek
I really like the Ohlund signing though because he can play with anyone in the top six and they're going to be better for it. Ohlund was such a smart signing and hard to believe that he wasn't a bank breaker either.
BOOO

Krajicek shouldnt be near the ice, unless he is on the Zamboni.

Walker or Lundin or Foster will take that spot. Also we are carrying 8 dmen.

I would guess

Ranger-Meszaros
Ohlund-Hedman
Smaby-Lashoff
Walker-Lundin

With Walker and Lundin swapping in and out with Hedman, Smaby and Lashoff. Then after a couple of months trading the loser.

bassassin is offline  
Old
09-03-2009, 11:41 PM
  #17
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
What about Paul Ranger? Didn't he have a 30+ point season not too long ago?
Yea, I absolutely refuse to put him in a lineup, I don't think he's going to be anywhere close to the top 8. At this point he is all washed up.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 05:20 AM
  #18
paperclip maniac
 
paperclip maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando
Country: United States
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Yea, I absolutely refuse to put him in a lineup, I don't think he's going to be anywhere close to the top 8. At this point he is all washed up.
did you forget the little sarcasm smiley or are you being serious? because right now, he's just about the only mobile D we have...we'll see what Hedman brings to the table though

paperclip maniac is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
  #19
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Yea, I absolutely refuse to put him in a lineup, I don't think he's going to be anywhere close to the top 8. At this point he is all washed up.
Hes far from washed up. Very, very far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
did you forget the little sarcasm smiley or are you being serious? because right now, he's just about the only mobile D we have...we'll see what Hedman brings to the table though
Did we forget Meszaros? Or Lashoff? Lash is ripe, but very mobile. Mez, too.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
  #20
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
The real question is, which defenseman will spend part of the season playing wing? It'd make perfect sense

BadHammy* is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
  #21
Jon Jordan
 
Jon Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Lashoff will be 23 at the beginning of the regular season and has played in 58 career games. That means that, technically, he does NOT have to clear waivers to be sent to Norfolk from the start.

But, should he get called up and play in just 2 NHL regular season games, he would then be waiver-eligible.

Hope that clears things up.

Now then ... Can SOMEONE please help me change my damn user name back to Jon Jordan?!?!?!? I still don't know why or when I changed it (but it probably involved a beer or nine.)

Thanks!

JJ

Jon Jordan is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
  #22
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofbor44 View Post
Lashoff will be 23 at the beginning of the regular season and has played in 58 career games. That means that, technically, he does NOT have to clear waivers to be sent to Norfolk from the start.

But, should he get called up and play in just 2 NHL regular season games, he would then be waiver-eligible.

Hope that clears things up.

Now then ... Can SOMEONE please help me change my damn user name back to Jon Jordan?!?!?!? I still don't know why or when I changed it (but it probably involved a beer or nine.)

Thanks!

JJ
Click on "User CP" at the top left. Then under settings and options, click on "Edit Email, Password & Username."

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
  #23
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofbor44 View Post
Now then ... Can SOMEONE please help me change my damn user name back to Jon Jordan?!?!?!? I still don't know why or when I changed it (but it probably involved a beer or nine.)

Thanks!

JJ


Nice, man. Real nice.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
  #24
STRANGE VICTORY
Registered User
 
STRANGE VICTORY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
did you forget the little sarcasm smiley or are you being serious? because right now, he's just about the only mobile D we have...we'll see what Hedman brings to the table though
This was because I had Ranger in my 3 guys guaranteed a spot, and the response to the post was along the lines of "What about Ranger".

STRANGE VICTORY is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
  #25
Jon Jordan
 
Jon Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Click on "User CP" at the top left. Then under settings and options, click on "Edit Email, Password & Username."
My User CP only gives me the option to "Edit Email & Password".

Woe is me.

JJ

Jon Jordan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.