2010 ohl draft

Old
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Edges7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithafan View Post
It stinks in here…
He also stated that Cody Payne and Zach Stepan accepted spots. They were both drafted yesterday and are expected to report to their respective USHL camps.

Busy day ahead. Got to run.

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Naz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
He also stated that Cody Payne and Zach Stepan accepted spots. They were both drafted yesterday and are expected to report to their respective USHL camps.

Busy day ahead. Got to run.
Both players Cody Payne and Zach Stepan were at the mini camp in Oshawa this past weekend as well as Lucus Lessio so there is still hope.We will see come September if they report and if they do report will they make that 48 hr dession should I stay or should I go.I'm a greedy person so I hope all 3 stay

Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
You’re still bringing up Iafrate? I’ve already admitted that was a mistake as I hadn’t seen him play in a long time.
My issue was, and still is, that you claimed he was overrated, and that there where obvious better players, but had never seen him play based on thinking that he was 5 ft tall.

How can we trust anything else that you say then?

Also, you had said unflattering things about Bignell and Vail, yet now have them on your top list?

You are right, I do think that Vail will be a top 3 OHL forward, in 2 years he will be one of Windsor's top 3 forwards, if he chooses that route.

Anyways, its all done now.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
ladywithafan

Actually, the comparisons were being made between Iafrate and Ebert and I thought those weren't realistic, considering one was a mm and the other was in the USHL. Still don't.

Bignell and Vail are on the list taken directly from the OPS order, so it's not my list. I didn't rate them, the OHL did.

I don't see that from Vail, but I hope I'm wrong. He's a talented player, but one of the top 3 forwards in the OHL? There are far too many kids ahead of him on that quest, so that seems pretty unreasonable. Doesn't mean I don't trust you though, just that I disagree.

It's not all done, it's just beginning...

ladywithafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Edges7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz View Post
Both players Cody Payne and Zach Stepan were at the mini camp in Oshawa this past weekend as well as Lucus Lessio so there is still hope.We will see come September if they report and if they do report will they make that 48 hr dession should I stay or should I go.I'm a greedy person so I hope all 3 stay
Oshawa, ON - June 22nd, 2010 - Oshawa Generals Head Coach & General Manager Chris DePiero announced today that the team has signed 2nd round pick Mark Petaccio and 3rd round pick Cody Payne to standard OHL agreements with the Generals.

Petaccio (pictured on left), a 16 year old Forward was selected in the 2nd round, 24th overall in the 2010 OHL Priority Selection this past May. He spent last season with the Team Comcast National Team where he scored 23 Goals and 37 Points while adding 139 Penalty Minutes in 33 games.

"Mark is a big bodied player who works tremendously hard along the boards," said DePiero. "He has incredible determination to score goals and we feel he has a very bright future here with the Generals."

Payne (pictured on right), was selected in the 3rd round, 58th overall in the 2010 OHL Priority Selection and was Captain of the Mississauga Reps Minor Midget Team this past season. The 16 year old Centre, scored 39 goals and 65 points in 64 games last season.

"Cody is a very good all-around player. He is another big body presence who can play all three forward positions," said DePiero. "Cody also had the option to play for the U.S Under 17 Team and the fact that he chose the Generals as the best decision for his hockey development and education, we are thrilled to have him."

The Generals have now signed three of their top four picks from the 2010 OHL Priority Selection after signing 1st round pick Scott Laughton last week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Meanwhile, NDP-U17 is still begging for for forwards.

Old
07-04-2010, 08:00 AM
ladywithafan

Really? How many spots are still open?

ladywithafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Edges7

Quote:
Really? How many spots are still open?
I've heard three and a goalie. I've also heard 2 and no goalie.