HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

Top 50 Prospects -2010 WHL Bantam Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
  #26
Will Goodwin
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
If I remember correctly Jerome Iginla was also never drafted by the WHL.

Will Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
  #27
justahockeyfan
Registered User
 
justahockeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Goodwin View Post
If I remember correctly Jerome Iginla was also never drafted by the WHL.
Just not to sure how he got there......
Iginla played three years with the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League (WHL). As a 16-year-old in 1993–94, he recorded six goals and 29 points in 48 regular season games before playing an additional 19 in the playoffs.
At 16, Jarome entered junior hockey (Kamloops Blazers of the WHL). Iggy spent his first season adjusting to the speed size and skill of the players in the league. In the (’93-’94) campaign Jarome scored only 6 goals and 17 assists. But by seasons end he had stepped up his game and was a major part of the Blazers Memorial Cup run - only the second in their history. The next season Iginla would grow into his body and would use it to his advantage, he was a physical player but always played a clean game.


Last edited by justahockeyfan: 09-23-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: x
justahockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
  #28
BCICE
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
Hey everyone!

I've started up a prelim list of the Top 50 Bantams for the draft to be held next May. I know alot will change from this list but I'm looking for some honest feedback and opinion on the players listed as we go through the year and hopefully by the end of the season we can come up with a solid Top 150 list and see how we match up with some of the big boys like ISS and thescoutingnews etc. This is only a start and please give feedback.

If we could have the Alberta people comment on the Alberta kids and the Sask people on the Sask top kids and so on that would be perfect. Then we can try our best to put out a top list mixing all the regions!

Here we go...

Preliminary WHL 2009-2010 Ranking

1. Alex Forsberg – Saskatchewan (Midget)
2. Madison Bowey – Manitoba (Bantam)
3. Brian Williams – California (Bantam)
4. Craig Leverton – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
5. Matt Needham – B.C. (Bantam)
6. Josh Morrisey – Alberta (Bantam)
7. Nick Petan – B.C. (Bantam)
8. Kyle Mitsunaga (D) – California (Bantam)
9. Morgan Klimchuk – Alberta (Bantam)
10. Corey Millette – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
11. Jesse Lees – Alberta (Bantam)
12. Matthew Lorange – Manitoba (Bantam)
13. Adam Erne – California (Bantam)
14. Riley Merkley – Alberta (Bantam)
15. Tyler King-Cunninham – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
16. Cade Owad – Alberta (Bantam)
17. Anthony Ast – (F) British Columbia (Bantam)
18. Kurt Keats – Manitoba (Bantam)
19. Brayden Mcdonald – Manitoba (Bantam)
20. Joseph Carvalho – (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
21. Justin Spagrud – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
22. Wyatt Noskey – Alberta (Bantam)
23. Carter Popoff – (F) – British Columbia (Bantam)
24. Carter Hanson (D) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
25. Eric Comrie (G) – California (Bantam)
26. Andrew Oglevie (F) California (Bantam)
27. Kyle Burroughs (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
28. Ian Williams (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
29. Damico Hannoun – British Columbia (Bantam)
30. Paul Stoykewich – Manitoba (Bantam)
31. Jace Hennig – B.C. (Bantam)
32. Christian Stockl – Manitoba (Bantam)
33. Tyler Gernhoffer – California (Bantam)
34. Luke Mahura – Alberta (Bantam)
35. Connor Hutchins – Texas (Bantam)
36. Tristan Jarry – (G) – British Columbia (Bantam)
37. Ty Mclean (F) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
38. Tyson Baillie (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
39. Preston Kopeck (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
40. Mack Shields (G) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
41. Kayle Doetzel (D) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
42. Daniel Basist (D) – California (Bantam)
43. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
44. Shae Theordore – (D) – British Columbia (Bantam)
45. Austin Lotz – (G) – Mantitoba (Bantam)
46. Nathan Wisniewski (F) Manitoba (Bantam)
47. Mason Geertzen (F) Alberta (Bantam)
48. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
49. Joel Gallivear (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
50. Taylor Green (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
Lots of talent here, however the list lacks all but one player from the Interior of BC...and not one player is listed from the Pursuit program in Kelowna, which happens to be where 11 players were drafted from in 2009.

BCICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
  #29
Fox
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
I am more familiar with the BC boys but I see some on the list who are perhaps living off of reputations built through Atom and Peewee.
More recent play would not put them anywhere near the Top 50.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
  #30
viewpoint
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Such as...???

viewpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 02:26 PM
  #31
Fox
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewpoint View Post
Such as...???
Shae Theodore, Jace Hennig


Last edited by Fox: 09-30-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
  #32
ktsoder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
saskatchewan Bantam

what about G Daniel Wapple
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
Hey everyone!

I've started up a prelim list of the Top 50 Bantams for the draft to be held next May. I know alot will change from this list but I'm looking for some honest feedback and opinion on the players listed as we go through the year and hopefully by the end of the season we can come up with a solid Top 150 list and see how we match up with some of the big boys like ISS and thescoutingnews etc. This is only a start and please give feedback.

If we could have the Alberta people comment on the Alberta kids and the Sask people on the Sask top kids and so on that would be perfect. Then we can try our best to put out a top list mixing all the regions!

Here we go...

Preliminary WHL 2009-2010 Ranking

1. Alex Forsberg – Saskatchewan (Midget)
2. Madison Bowey – Manitoba (Bantam)
3. Brian Williams – California (Bantam)
4. Craig Leverton – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
5. Matt Needham – B.C. (Bantam)
6. Josh Morrisey – Alberta (Bantam)
7. Nick Petan – B.C. (Bantam)
8. Kyle Mitsunaga (D) – California (Bantam)
9. Morgan Klimchuk – Alberta (Bantam)
10. Corey Millette – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
11. Jesse Lees – Alberta (Bantam)
12. Matthew Lorange – Manitoba (Bantam)
13. Adam Erne – California (Bantam)
14. Riley Merkley – Alberta (Bantam)
15. Tyler King-Cunninham – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
16. Cade Owad – Alberta (Bantam)
17. Anthony Ast – (F) British Columbia (Bantam)
18. Kurt Keats – Manitoba (Bantam)
19. Brayden Mcdonald – Manitoba (Bantam)
20. Joseph Carvalho – (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
21. Justin Spagrud – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
22. Wyatt Noskey – Alberta (Bantam)
23. Carter Popoff – (F) – British Columbia (Bantam)
24. Carter Hanson (D) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
25. Eric Comrie (G) – California (Bantam)
26. Andrew Oglevie (F) California (Bantam)
27. Kyle Burroughs (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
28. Ian Williams (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
29. Damico Hannoun – British Columbia (Bantam)
30. Paul Stoykewich – Manitoba (Bantam)
31. Jace Hennig – B.C. (Bantam)
32. Christian Stockl – Manitoba (Bantam)
33. Tyler Gernhoffer – California (Bantam)
34. Luke Mahura – Alberta (Bantam)
35. Connor Hutchins – Texas (Bantam)
36. Tristan Jarry – (G) – British Columbia (Bantam)
37. Ty Mclean (F) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
38. Tyson Baillie (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
39. Preston Kopeck (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
40. Mack Shields (G) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
41. Kayle Doetzel (D) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
42. Daniel Basist (D) – California (Bantam)
43. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
44. Shae Theordore – (D) – British Columbia (Bantam)
45. Austin Lotz – (G) – Mantitoba (Bantam)
46. Nathan Wisniewski (F) Manitoba (Bantam)
47. Mason Geertzen (F) Alberta (Bantam)
48. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
49. Joel Gallivear (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
50. Taylor Green (D) British Columbia (Bantam)

ktsoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 08:01 PM
  #33
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Daniel Wapple would be in the next 50.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
  #34
watcher22
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
Hey everyone!

I've started up a prelim list of the Top 50 Bantams for the draft to be held next May. I know alot will change from this list but I'm looking for some honest feedback and opinion on the players listed as we go through the year and hopefully by the end of the season we can come up with a solid Top 150 list and see how we match up with some of the big boys like ISS and thescoutingnews etc. This is only a start and please give feedback.

If we could have the Alberta people comment on the Alberta kids and the Sask people on the Sask top kids and so on that would be perfect. Then we can try our best to put out a top list mixing all the regions!

Here we go...

Preliminary WHL 2009-2010 Ranking

1. Alex Forsberg – Saskatchewan (Midget)
2. Madison Bowey – Manitoba (Bantam)
3. Brian Williams – California (Bantam)
4. Craig Leverton – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
5. Matt Needham – B.C. (Bantam)
6. Josh Morrisey – Alberta (Bantam)
7. Nick Petan – B.C. (Bantam)
8. Kyle Mitsunaga (D) – California (Bantam)
9. Morgan Klimchuk – Alberta (Bantam)
10. Corey Millette – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
11. Jesse Lees – Alberta (Bantam)
12. Matthew Lorange – Manitoba (Bantam)
13. Adam Erne – California (Bantam)
14. Riley Merkley – Alberta (Bantam)
15. Tyler King-Cunninham – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
16. Cade Owad – Alberta (Bantam)
17. Anthony Ast – (F) British Columbia (Bantam)
18. Kurt Keats – Manitoba (Bantam)
19. Brayden Mcdonald – Manitoba (Bantam)
20. Joseph Carvalho – (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
21. Justin Spagrud – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
22. Wyatt Noskey – Alberta (Bantam)
23. Carter Popoff – (F) – British Columbia (Bantam)
24. Carter Hanson (D) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
25. Eric Comrie (G) – California (Bantam)
26. Andrew Oglevie (F) California (Bantam)
27. Kyle Burroughs (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
28. Ian Williams (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
29. Damico Hannoun – British Columbia (Bantam)
30. Paul Stoykewich – Manitoba (Bantam)
31. Jace Hennig – B.C. (Bantam)
32. Christian Stockl – Manitoba (Bantam)
33. Tyler Gernhoffer – California (Bantam)
34. Luke Mahura – Alberta (Bantam)
35. Connor Hutchins – Texas (Bantam)
36. Tristan Jarry – (G) – British Columbia (Bantam)
37. Ty Mclean (F) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
38. Tyson Baillie (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
39. Preston Kopeck (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
40. Mack Shields (G) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
41. Kayle Doetzel (D) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
42. Daniel Basist (D) – California (Bantam)
43. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
44. Shae Theordore – (D) – British Columbia (Bantam)
45. Austin Lotz – (G) – Mantitoba (Bantam)
46. Nathan Wisniewski (F) Manitoba (Bantam)
47. Mason Geertzen (F) Alberta (Bantam)
48. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
49. Joel Gallivear (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
50. Taylor Green (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
I went to SWift Current yesterday to watch the ND Swift game and Spagrud played well.. also Zac Mckay... i think he fits into the top 50 much better than Ian Williams does.. Mckay looked much stronger than williams even though he was on a much weaker team

watcher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 05:04 PM
  #35
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Lot easier to look good on a team with only 2 real good players.. 7-2 game, I would guess (wasn't there) that ND coasted. I talked with parents who were there. Most thought ND could have run it up to 12-2. I actually thought SC would challange ND. Few shots.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 05:10 PM
  #36
watcher22
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Mckay

Still gotta think that he deservs to be in that top 50 though hard worker, good shot and likes getting into the rough stuff

watcher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 07:18 PM
  #37
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Haven't seen the fellow since Feb. so I shouldn't comment. If he kept his effort level up in a 7-2 loss he has the right idea.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 09:23 AM
  #38
BCdad
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
Hey everyone!

I've started up a prelim list of the Top 50 Bantams for the draft to be held next May. I know alot will change from this list but I'm looking for some honest feedback and opinion on the players listed as we go through the year and hopefully by the end of the season we can come up with a solid Top 150 list and see how we match up with some of the big boys like ISS and thescoutingnews etc. This is only a start and please give feedback.

If we could have the Alberta people comment on the Alberta kids and the Sask people on the Sask top kids and so on that would be perfect. Then we can try our best to put out a top list mixing all the regions!

Here we go...

Preliminary WHL 2009-2010 Ranking

1. Alex Forsberg – Saskatchewan (Midget)
2. Madison Bowey – Manitoba (Bantam)
3. Brian Williams – California (Bantam)
4. Craig Leverton – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
5. Matt Needham – B.C. (Bantam)
6. Josh Morrisey – Alberta (Bantam)
7. Nick Petan – B.C. (Bantam)
8. Kyle Mitsunaga (D) – California (Bantam)
9. Morgan Klimchuk – Alberta (Bantam)
10. Corey Millette – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
11. Jesse Lees – Alberta (Bantam)
12. Matthew Lorange – Manitoba (Bantam)
13. Adam Erne – California (Bantam)
14. Riley Merkley – Alberta (Bantam)
15. Tyler King-Cunninham – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
16. Cade Owad – Alberta (Bantam)
17. Anthony Ast – (F) British Columbia (Bantam)
18. Kurt Keats – Manitoba (Bantam)
19. Brayden Mcdonald – Manitoba (Bantam)
20. Joseph Carvalho – (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
21. Justin Spagrud – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
22. Wyatt Noskey – Alberta (Bantam)
23. Carter Popoff – (F) – British Columbia (Bantam)
24. Carter Hanson (D) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
25. Eric Comrie (G) – California (Bantam)
26. Andrew Oglevie (F) California (Bantam)
27. Kyle Burroughs (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
28. Ian Williams (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
29. Damico Hannoun – British Columbia (Bantam)
30. Paul Stoykewich – Manitoba (Bantam)
31. Jace Hennig – B.C. (Bantam)
32. Christian Stockl – Manitoba (Bantam)
33. Tyler Gernhoffer – California (Bantam)
34. Luke Mahura – Alberta (Bantam)
35. Connor Hutchins – Texas (Bantam)
36. Tristan Jarry – (G) – British Columbia (Bantam)
37. Ty Mclean (F) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
38. Tyson Baillie (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
39. Preston Kopeck (F) – Alberta (Bantam)
40. Mack Shields (G) – Saskatchewan (Bantam)
41. Kayle Doetzel (D) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
42. Daniel Basist (D) – California (Bantam)
43. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
44. Shae Theordore – (D) – British Columbia (Bantam)
45. Austin Lotz – (G) – Mantitoba (Bantam)
46. Nathan Wisniewski (F) Manitoba (Bantam)
47. Mason Geertzen (F) Alberta (Bantam)
48. Austin Calldine (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
49. Joel Gallivear (F) Saskatchewan (Bantam)
50. Taylor Green (D) British Columbia (Bantam)
Some thoughts on the BC kids I've seen so far:

#5 Needham..haven't seen..where is he playing this year? Notre Dame?
#7 Petan...continues to "up his game", he makes NSWC go.
#17 Ast...amazing speed and drive..I feel he's going to dominate the WHL
#20 Carvahlo..best at controlling the tempo..needs to grow but doing it all.
#23 Popoff..a bull, misses Ast and needs to bring it every night. Best lower body strength of everyone.
#27 Burroughs..injured wrist..heard he looked good before it happened
#29 Hannoun...skilled on the ice......
#31 Hennig..finally back from the bad back..We'll see him in Chilliwack
#36 Jarry...not playing against top teams. He is in everyone's head. The "X" factor
#44 Theodore..playing forward now. Purest hands..loves the offensive part of the game.
#50 Green...A man among boys. Top pair WHL'er.

BCdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
  #39
Pr Test
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Needham is a floater. Petan has a hard time in physical games.

Pr Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
  #40
driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr Test View Post
Needham is a floater. Petan has a hard time in physical games.
Needham is one of the best all around players I have seen in B.C. The Kid works hard all the time. he's no floater

driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  #41
Rshields
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
I had the privilege of seeing Forsberg play in a game against the Tisdale Trojans last week. He is playing first line center between Fiddler and Iron. That line is loaded for goals, as Fiddler may run away with the scoring race and Iron will be top 10.
Alex is indeed phenomenal with the puck, especially from the top of the circles in. He has that special talent of knowing what he is going to do with it before he gets it. He probably played 35 minutes and notched one goal in a 6 to 2 loss. He is very focused in the offensive zone and isn’t distracted by physical play.
Unfortunately when the other team breaks out and goes on the rush, Alex doesn’t show much interest. On this night he appeared to be the poorest skater on the team. He looks like a player who was so far ahead in pee wee he didn’t think it was important to work at practice. I think Alex’s parents made the right choice sending him to midget, as it will hopefully stress the need to improve his foot speed. If he was racking up big points in bantam, it would be hard to make him buy in on working on weaknesses.
Will he be the unquestioned first pick over all? I for one am not sure.

Rshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 09:59 PM
  #42
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Alex wouldn't be my first pick, but time will tell.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
  #43
Hockey Stud
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Top 5 in Manitoba

1. Madison Bowey
2. Paul Stoykewich
3. Devan Schram
4. Braydon MacDonald
5. Austin Lotz

Hockey Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
  #44
justahockeydad
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Manitoba Team Interlake

My kid is trying for the interlake team Manitoba team. To some of our surprises there are Winnipeg players here to. Not sure why they are here but they are winnipeg kids that will force out some kids who live in this area. Oh well, I guess hockey manitobe is trying to even up the teams. From what i seen the best player is Interlake Macdonald but Wisnewski is as good to but that is just my openion. I hope they dont keep all the city kids because they are AAA players. The area has kids just as good.

justahockeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 06:14 PM
  #45
Ghost of the Rocket
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Wpg AAA players at Interlake tryouts for MB Winter Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by justahockeydad View Post
My kid is trying for the interlake team Manitoba team. To some of our surprises there are Winnipeg players here to. Not sure why they are here but they are winnipeg kids that will force out some kids who live in this area. Oh well, I guess hockey manitobe is trying to even up the teams. From what i seen the best player is Interlake Macdonald but Wisnewski is as good to but that is just my openion. I hope they dont keep all the city kids because they are AAA players. The area has kids just as good.
They are there because they live outside of the city limits. This should make the Interlake entry stronger (and the Wpg teams weaker). I was also a bit surprised but but it does make sense to provide opportunity to the better players. The selection should still be based on talent not just because of where they play.

Ghost of the Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:43 AM
  #46
BCdad
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
out to lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr Test View Post
Needham is a floater. Petan has a hard time in physical games.
wow Pr test, couldn't disagree with you more.

Needham (Penticton) is the furthest thing from a floater, just a smart, hard-hitting bull, who happens to be a playmaker. Skating at 100 miles an hour all game is not effective. His change of pace is what makes him dangerous. He makes the right play almost everytime. When he is playing at a higher level with players who can finish better, look out.

Petan sees the game better than everyone else in BC..His game is not a power game but who cares? He the absolute best player in BC in terms of vision, hockey smarts and puck skills. No one likes to get hit but he stands in there to make plays, that's brave in my book.

So now he has to lead your team in hits too?

BCdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
  #47
GarbageGab
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Agree with BCdad

I have to say that I agree with BCdad about Petan being one of the best with regards to vision and understanding of the game. Usually when someone says a player has trouble in physical games its because they're old school and have to be a physical monster to play the game.

It's a skating game now and Petan has no trouble with these perceived more capable "physical players" trying to take runs at him. He still makes the plays and make his teammates better.

Haven't seen Needham though, heard he's quite the player, how has his play been so far this year?

Some more players that were good back in the day but haven't seen for awhile are Lazar, Orr, and Gillies. Any word on these players?

I think the new format of BC's U16 program (mixing up players) will definitely tell who is the cream of the crop. I didn't initially agree with it but it would alleviate some of the bias seen in many minor hockey associations with parent/friend coaches.

It's one thing to dominate when you're given all the opportunities to excel but can you do it when you're not with someone who's giving you all those opportunities. Having new coaches evaluate your abilities and place you where he thinks you fit will be the ultimate test. This coming year's U16 will be a treat to watch with the assumption that the right guys are picking the team and the right players make the cut.

GarbageGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
  #48
trainer10
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
While I agree with you in regard to the new u16 format at the BC Cup, I would say the downside is how the zones are broken down in the lower mainland. The Fraser Valley zone makes up most of the largest associations in the province but only allows 20 players to attend the BC Cup. So it is quite likely that some of the top players in the province will get excluded purely because of the number of kids that will try out. This is nothing new though as this has been an issue for a number of years and until the zones are re-structured it be the case.

trainer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
  #49
texashockeytalent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
96 players

there is some outstanding 96 hckey players in dallas texas. The dallas alliance bulldogs 96aaa is about 10th in the country . they have outstanding goalies probally some of the best in the country. their defense is probally the best in the country. they have incredible forwards too

here is a list of players you might want to know.
josh pippen31-(goalie)
Alex Gross-1(goalie)
John Zimmerman-21(defense)
Connor Smith-13(defense)
Braden Brown-3(forward)
Joey Sardina-22(forward)
Tyler Scroggins-15(forward)
here is a link to the team


http://alliance.pucksystems.com/rost...subseason=6594

texashockeytalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
  #50
BCICE
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by texashockeytalent View Post
there is some outstanding 96 hckey players in dallas texas. The dallas alliance bulldogs 96aaa is about 10th in the country . they have outstanding goalies probally some of the best in the country. their defense is probally the best in the country. they have incredible forwards too

here is a list of players you might want to know.
josh pippen31-(goalie)
Alex Gross-1(goalie)
John Zimmerman-21(defense)
Connor Smith-13(defense)
Braden Brown-3(forward)
Joey Sardina-22(forward)
Tyler Scroggins-15(forward)
here is a link to the team




http://alliance.pucksystems.com/rost...subseason=6594
That's great info but this is "Top 50 Prospects -2010 WHL Bantam Draft".....1995 players. Maybe start or add to a 96 thread

BCICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.