HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* New York Rangers Training Camp 2009 Thread *

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Semenov is Malik 2.0 trust me. My brother-in-law is a Sharks fan and I watch every game with him, he sucks ask other Sharks fans he was their scapegoat

Old
09-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

How was Mclaren injured?

Old
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
DGirardi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Stupid **** I have to say? You should look at some of the stupid **** you've said. You don't have to read or like anything I have to say. Frankly, I would be pretty upset if you did, considering I can't recall a single one of your posts on this board that I didn't think was either totally wrong, or simply moronic.
Sorry dude, but just because you are an uninformed, easily manipulated dolt doesn't mean that I have to be. I've spent enough hard-earned money in my life on this team (and I've probably devoted far more hours to actually watching this team than you have) that I've earned the right after more than 10 years of **** to be unhappy when I see the same mistakes being made year after year. I have just as much of a right to voice my opinion as you do. Grow up.

No need to lose your temper over a stupid little internet argument. Calm down will you?

Old
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGirardi5 View Post
No need to lose your temper over a stupid little internet argument. Calm down will you?
How is this losing my temper? I was laughing, heartily I might add, when I wrote that. You might want to check out the post that that was a response to if you want to see a temper being lost.

And if I wanted to lose my temper, I'm damn well within my rights to. No need to tell me what I can and can't do. Butt out, will you?

Old
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
How is this losing my temper? I was laughing, heartily I might add, when I wrote that. You might want to check out the post that that was a response to if you want to see a temper being lost.

And if I wanted to lose my temper, I'm damn well within my rights to. No need to tell me what I can and can't do. Butt out, will you?
Stop losing your temper, Sting.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Stop losing your temper, Sting.
Bought your Redden jersey yet? He's going to have a big season, you know.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Agitator View Post
Mclaren is out with an injury. That may explain why Semenov hs been called. don't know.

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/...camp-1.1437909
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I avoided this thread yesterday because the Gaborik debate was irritating me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
3 miles in under 20 minutes You gotta keep up a pretty damn fast pace to do that.
It sounds tougher than it is. Not that I'm saying I could do it right now or anything but high school cross country kids average around 18 to 20ish. I'm hoping the majority of these guys were able to do it.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
DGirardi5

Quote:

Ok, I'll take your word for it. It just came across as pretty viscous when I first read it.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGirardi5 View Post
Ok, I'll take your word for it. It just came across as pretty viscous when I first read it.
I can do a mile in 8-9 mins. After that, can't keep it up.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
4:41 in high school, and it wasnt really my best distance.

Wait what?

Old
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

Wait what?
Damn impressive.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
gardenfaithful44

I know training camp just opened and everyone here is really excited to see what this team looks like both on the line chart and the ice. As someone who has coached college hockey and been through a few training camps/tryouts I can say that we shouldnt write off a player because of camp.

Some of you are saying that MDZ should go back to juniors, your questioning his performance last year before he was traded, etc.. Before any of us pass judgement on these guys lets wait to see how they look on the ice Tuesday against Boston. I for one thought MDZ was one of our best d-men in camp last year. For someone who's supposed weakness was a defensive ability he held his own in the preseason games. Now I have not seen him play this year nor did I see him play last year with Oshawa/London. I'll wait till I actually see these guys and this team before I make judgements.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Old
09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I avoided this thread yesterday because the Gaborik debate was irritating me.

It sounds tougher than it is. Not that I'm saying I could do it right now or anything but high school cross country kids average around 18 to 20ish. I'm hoping the majority of these guys were able to do it.
When I was in my summer camp as a junior hockey player, in high school, I ran 3 miles in 23-24 minutes, on time trial, granted I am not the best runner but it was cross country - actually my team and I ran it on a winter cross country skying course and in a very steep valley forrest (steepest climbs over 400 feet - I think at least three - four times) . The whole team ran it every day in the afternoon with the lead coach - with the set time being some where around 30 minutes (usually 27-26-28 minutes was what the group made as a single unit)

As well as, In the morning one mile part of it, and in the evening one mile part of it and at the end of the camp there were competitions to run it completely as an individual. It is tough as hell, even if you are fit. (Do not worry there were also daily running up and down a mountain, hopping up a mountain on one foot, aerobics, swimming, soccer, hockey, australian rugby, track and field competitions)

There were probably about 5 guys from my team of 20 players who could run 3 miles under 20 minutes, you have to be gifted and know running as a skill/discipline and not just fit in order to be able do it daily as a practice.

And my team basically practiced 5 times a week all year around - 4 times a week on ice (granted sundays practice was a little bit easier at times) and once a week in the gym and also went running/fitness practice/soccer in the local forests every autumn/spring period. Everybody was fit but only a few could run 3 miles under 20 minutes.

I repeat from my experience/memory, it is tough as hell, if it is not flat on a track, it sounds more like a marketing ploy than reality for some of the hockey players to be able to do it successfully, with minimal sweat. No way could anybody over 220 pounds do it no matter the muscle/fat ratio. Also, many fast hockey players are not that good runners, i.e. Paul Coffey

Old
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

Wait what?
i could probably do it in 1-2 minutes...

most of that time is getting into my car and putting the seat belt on.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
When I was in my summer camp as a junior hockey player, in high school, I ran 3 miles in 23-24 minutes, on time trial, granted I am not the best runner but it was cross country - actually my team and I ran it on a winter cross country skying course and in a very steep valley forrest (steepest climbs over 400 feet - I think at least three - four times) . The whole team ran it every day in the afternoon with the lead coach - with the set time being some where around 30 minutes (usually 27-26-28 minutes was what the group made as a single unit)

As well as, In the morning one mile part of it, and in the evening one mile part of it and at the end of the camp there were competitions to run it completely as an individual. It is tough as hell, even if you are fit. (Do not worry there were also daily running up and down a mountain, hopping up a mountain on one foot, aerobics, swimming, soccer, hockey, australian rugby, track and field competitions)

There were probably about 5 guys from my team of 20 players who could run 3 miles under 20 minutes, you have to be gifted and know running as a skill/discipline and not just fit in order to be able do it daily as a practice.

And my team basically practiced 5 times a week all year around - 4 times a week on ice (granted sundays practice was a little bit easier at times) and once a week in the gym and also went running/fitness practice/soccer in the local forests every autumn/spring period. Everybody was fit but only a few could run 3 miles under 20 minutes.

I repeat from my experience/memory, it is tough as hell, if it is not flat on a track, it sounds more like a marketing ploy than reality for some of the hockey players to be able to do it successfully, with minimal sweat. No way could anybody over 220 pounds do it no matter the muscle/fat ratio. Also, many fast hockey players are not that good runners, i.e. Paul Coffey
I'm assuming this is a flat track and I also wasn't really making that statement with Brashear, Boyle, Kotalik etc. in mind. I was hoping guys like Dru, Callahan, Avery, Lisin, Gilroy, Girardi etc. were in the 20 minute range.

Old
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Damn impressive.
Thanks, believe it or not it didnt get me very far in the state, hockey was always my #1 sport.

There are high schoolers running close to 4 minute miles now.

Old
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Thanks, believe it or not it didnt get me very far in the state, hockey was always my #1 sport.

There are high schoolers running close to 4 minute miles now.
One of my good friends in high school ran a 4:11 mile and he specialized in the 2 mile.

Old
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
One of my good friends in high school ran a 4:11 mile and he specialized in the 2 mile.
Impressive, he must have been close to a 9:00 in the 2 mile then.

You get full scholarships for that kind of time.

Old
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

new blog post re afternoon at camp http://hfrangersblog.com/

Old
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Impressive, he must have been close to a 9:00 in the 2 mile then.

You get full scholarships for that kind of time.
He got a full scholarship to Dartmouth. He was a freak of nature.

Old
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Nice to see some charecter being built and that Drury did very well.

Old
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yes, its true that Bobby Sanguinetti had a cramp in his leg and collapsed at the end of his laps. What’s important here though is that he had the cramp early on, and just kept going until he finished. He had fallen a few laps before, but he pushed through to finish. Shows character and that’s part of what the Rangers are looking for.
http://hfrangersblog.com/

Thats AWESOME to hear...

Old
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Great piece Leslie!!! Please keep em coming!

Old
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

She seems to like Heikkenen alot, so good chance he makes the team?

Old
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
http://hfrangersblog.com/

Thats AWESOME to hear...
I thought the EXACT same thing.

On another note, I have a feeling we are going to get shocked with a player making the team this year. Just a player right out of no where.

Closed Thread