HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* New York Rangers Training Camp 2009 Thread *

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
  #276
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Semenov is Malik 2.0 trust me. My brother-in-law is a Sharks fan and I watch every game with him, he sucks ask other Sharks fans he was their scapegoat

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 12:18 PM
  #277
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,483
vCash: 500
How was Mclaren injured?

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
  #278
DGirardi5
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Stupid **** I have to say? You should look at some of the stupid **** you've said. You don't have to read or like anything I have to say. Frankly, I would be pretty upset if you did, considering I can't recall a single one of your posts on this board that I didn't think was either totally wrong, or simply moronic.
.
Sorry dude, but just because you are an uninformed, easily manipulated dolt doesn't mean that I have to be. I've spent enough hard-earned money in my life on this team (and I've probably devoted far more hours to actually watching this team than you have) that I've earned the right after more than 10 years of **** to be unhappy when I see the same mistakes being made year after year. I have just as much of a right to voice my opinion as you do. Grow up.


No need to lose your temper over a stupid little internet argument. Calm down will you?

DGirardi5 is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
  #279
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGirardi5 View Post
No need to lose your temper over a stupid little internet argument. Calm down will you?
How is this losing my temper? I was laughing, heartily I might add, when I wrote that. You might want to check out the post that that was a response to if you want to see a temper being lost.

And if I wanted to lose my temper, I'm damn well within my rights to. No need to tell me what I can and can't do. Butt out, will you?

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
  #280
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
How is this losing my temper? I was laughing, heartily I might add, when I wrote that. You might want to check out the post that that was a response to if you want to see a temper being lost.

And if I wanted to lose my temper, I'm damn well within my rights to. No need to tell me what I can and can't do. Butt out, will you?
Stop losing your temper, Sting.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
  #281
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Stop losing your temper, Sting.
Bought your Redden jersey yet? He's going to have a big season, you know.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
  #282
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Agitator View Post
Mclaren is out with an injury. That may explain why Semenov hs been called. don't know.



http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/...camp-1.1437909
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I avoided this thread yesterday because the Gaborik debate was irritating me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
3 miles in under 20 minutes You gotta keep up a pretty damn fast pace to do that.
It sounds tougher than it is. Not that I'm saying I could do it right now or anything but high school cross country kids average around 18 to 20ish. I'm hoping the majority of these guys were able to do it.

D713B is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
  #283
DGirardi5
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
How is this losing my temper? I was laughing, heartily I might add, when I wrote that. You might want to check out the post that that was a response to if you want to see a temper being lost.

And if I wanted to lose my temper, I'm damn well within my rights to. No need to tell me what I can and can't do. Butt out, will you?
Ok, I'll take your word for it. It just came across as pretty viscous when I first read it.

DGirardi5 is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
  #284
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGirardi5 View Post
Ok, I'll take your word for it. It just came across as pretty viscous when I first read it.
I can do a mile in 8-9 mins. After that, can't keep it up.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
  #285
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,919
vCash: 50
4:41 in high school, and it wasnt really my best distance.

Wait what?

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  #286
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
4:41 in high school, and it wasnt really my best distance.

Wait what?
Damn impressive.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  #287
gardenfaithful44
 
gardenfaithful44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
I know training camp just opened and everyone here is really excited to see what this team looks like both on the line chart and the ice. As someone who has coached college hockey and been through a few training camps/tryouts I can say that we shouldnt write off a player because of camp.

Some of you are saying that MDZ should go back to juniors, your questioning his performance last year before he was traded, etc.. Before any of us pass judgement on these guys lets wait to see how they look on the ice Tuesday against Boston. I for one thought MDZ was one of our best d-men in camp last year. For someone who's supposed weakness was a defensive ability he held his own in the preseason games. Now I have not seen him play this year nor did I see him play last year with Oshawa/London. I'll wait till I actually see these guys and this team before I make judgements.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

gardenfaithful44 is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  #288
Reader
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I avoided this thread yesterday because the Gaborik debate was irritating me.




It sounds tougher than it is. Not that I'm saying I could do it right now or anything but high school cross country kids average around 18 to 20ish. I'm hoping the majority of these guys were able to do it.
When I was in my summer camp as a junior hockey player, in high school, I ran 3 miles in 23-24 minutes, on time trial, granted I am not the best runner but it was cross country - actually my team and I ran it on a winter cross country skying course and in a very steep valley forrest (steepest climbs over 400 feet - I think at least three - four times) . The whole team ran it every day in the afternoon with the lead coach - with the set time being some where around 30 minutes (usually 27-26-28 minutes was what the group made as a single unit)

As well as, In the morning one mile part of it, and in the evening one mile part of it and at the end of the camp there were competitions to run it completely as an individual. It is tough as hell, even if you are fit. (Do not worry there were also daily running up and down a mountain, hopping up a mountain on one foot, aerobics, swimming, soccer, hockey, australian rugby, track and field competitions)

There were probably about 5 guys from my team of 20 players who could run 3 miles under 20 minutes, you have to be gifted and know running as a skill/discipline and not just fit in order to be able do it daily as a practice.

And my team basically practiced 5 times a week all year around - 4 times a week on ice (granted sundays practice was a little bit easier at times) and once a week in the gym and also went running/fitness practice/soccer in the local forests every autumn/spring period. Everybody was fit but only a few could run 3 miles under 20 minutes.

I repeat from my experience/memory, it is tough as hell, if it is not flat on a track, it sounds more like a marketing ploy than reality for some of the hockey players to be able to do it successfully, with minimal sweat. No way could anybody over 220 pounds do it no matter the muscle/fat ratio. Also, many fast hockey players are not that good runners, i.e. Paul Coffey

Reader is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
  #289
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
4:41 in high school, and it wasnt really my best distance.

Wait what?
i could probably do it in 1-2 minutes...

most of that time is getting into my car and putting the seat belt on.

Inferno is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
  #290
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
When I was in my summer camp as a junior hockey player, in high school, I ran 3 miles in 23-24 minutes, on time trial, granted I am not the best runner but it was cross country - actually my team and I ran it on a winter cross country skying course and in a very steep valley forrest (steepest climbs over 400 feet - I think at least three - four times) . The whole team ran it every day in the afternoon with the lead coach - with the set time being some where around 30 minutes (usually 27-26-28 minutes was what the group made as a single unit)

As well as, In the morning one mile part of it, and in the evening one mile part of it and at the end of the camp there were competitions to run it completely as an individual. It is tough as hell, even if you are fit. (Do not worry there were also daily running up and down a mountain, hopping up a mountain on one foot, aerobics, swimming, soccer, hockey, australian rugby, track and field competitions)

There were probably about 5 guys from my team of 20 players who could run 3 miles under 20 minutes, you have to be gifted and know running as a skill/discipline and not just fit in order to be able do it daily as a practice.

And my team basically practiced 5 times a week all year around - 4 times a week on ice (granted sundays practice was a little bit easier at times) and once a week in the gym and also went running/fitness practice/soccer in the local forests every autumn/spring period. Everybody was fit but only a few could run 3 miles under 20 minutes.

I repeat from my experience/memory, it is tough as hell, if it is not flat on a track, it sounds more like a marketing ploy than reality for some of the hockey players to be able to do it successfully, with minimal sweat. No way could anybody over 220 pounds do it no matter the muscle/fat ratio. Also, many fast hockey players are not that good runners, i.e. Paul Coffey
I'm assuming this is a flat track and I also wasn't really making that statement with Brashear, Boyle, Kotalik etc. in mind. I was hoping guys like Dru, Callahan, Avery, Lisin, Gilroy, Girardi etc. were in the 20 minute range.

D713B is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
  #291
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,919
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Damn impressive.
Thanks, believe it or not it didnt get me very far in the state, hockey was always my #1 sport.

There are high schoolers running close to 4 minute miles now.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
  #292
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Thanks, believe it or not it didnt get me very far in the state, hockey was always my #1 sport.

There are high schoolers running close to 4 minute miles now.
One of my good friends in high school ran a 4:11 mile and he specialized in the 2 mile.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
  #293
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,919
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
One of my good friends in high school ran a 4:11 mile and he specialized in the 2 mile.
Impressive, he must have been close to a 9:00 in the 2 mile then.

You get full scholarships for that kind of time.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
  #294
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
new blog post re afternoon at camp http://hfrangersblog.com/

Leslie Treff is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
  #295
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Impressive, he must have been close to a 9:00 in the 2 mile then.

You get full scholarships for that kind of time.
He got a full scholarship to Dartmouth. He was a freak of nature.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
  #296
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
new blog post re afternoon at camp http://hfrangersblog.com/
Nice to see some charecter being built and that Drury did very well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
  #297
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Yes, its true that Bobby Sanguinetti had a cramp in his leg and collapsed at the end of his laps. What’s important here though is that he had the cramp early on, and just kept going until he finished. He had fallen a few laps before, but he pushed through to finish. Shows character and that’s part of what the Rangers are looking for.
http://hfrangersblog.com/

Thats AWESOME to hear...

Inferno is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
  #298
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
new blog post re afternoon at camp http://hfrangersblog.com/
Great piece Leslie!!! Please keep em coming!

Osminator is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
  #299
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,483
vCash: 500
She seems to like Heikkenen alot, so good chance he makes the team?

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
  #300
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
http://hfrangersblog.com/

Thats AWESOME to hear...
I thought the EXACT same thing.




On another note, I have a feeling we are going to get shocked with a player making the team this year. Just a player right out of no where.

t3hg00se is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.