HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* New York Rangers Training Camp 2009 Thread *

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
It looks like we have our D corpse ready to go, at least for now.
now thats funny. really. i cracked up when i read that.

i was like ......... wait, rozy ??

Old
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...-hartford.html

Also,it would not be surprise if the Rangers moved a NHL contract for a pick or a prospect to open up some room. The Flyers did that yesterday in their trade with Nashville.
Good point. I speculated in another thread that Potter could be on the move (possibly to Phoenix) for a middle round draft choice. Hard to see him as a long term Ranger property at this point.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Rozsival makes $6 million this season. Real money. After this season,$13 million of the $20 million on Rozsival's contract would have been paid off. So knock on wood,Rozsival has a good season and just $7 million due over the last 2 years of the contract which would make him easier to move than he is right now.

Old
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rozsival makes $6 million this season. Real money. After this season,$13 million of the $20 million on Rozsival's contract would have been paid off. So knock on wood,Rozsival has a good season and just $7 million due over the last 2 years of the contract which would make him easier to move than he is right now.
I'm knocking on a lot of wood.

Old
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Good point. I speculated in another thread that Potter could be on the move (possibly to Phoenix) for a middle round draft choice. Hard to see him as a long term Ranger property at this point.
I agree Potter should get a chance elsewhere

Old
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Osminator

Gilroy named 2009 Sjoberg Award winner

Old
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Makes sense. He's looked REALLY ****ing good since the first preseason game where he looked like ass.

I'm super excited about this guy.

Old
09-25-2009, 07:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I love Larry Brooks but ran through every permutation of 6 defensemen except for one combination. Torts wants to keep 6 defensemen.

Quote:
"I don't like having extra bodies around," Tortorella said. "If it were up to me alone I'd prefer six."

It's a good thing the decision isn't going to belong exclusively to the coach, because opening with the minimum number on the blue line makes no sense whatsoever. General manager Glen Sather, who will make the final judgment, hopefully realizes that.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...EprfswLw9ihqHN

For some reason,all of the combinations mentioned by Brooks involve Semenov who was exposed last night.

Sending Redden or Rozsival to Hartford or sending MDZ to London without getting a look at him in the NHL and never considered the possibility of the Rangers not signing Semenov to a NHL contract.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 09-25-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old
09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Levitate

maybe he forgot that Semenov isn't actually signed yet

Tortorella is inconsistent as all hell. Just a week ago he was talking about carrying 7 D

Old
09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
eco's bones

It looks to me like the Rangers are going to have to make one more cut or not sign Semenov to stay on the right side of the cap.

Old
09-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Semenov was exposed last night? Yea right. The guy's been exposed since day 1. But just because he looks for contact fans overlooked the fact that he sucks.

Old
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Semenov was exposed last night? Yea right. The guy's been exposed since day 1. But just because he looks for contact fans overlooked the fact that he sucks.
he is a cheap 7th Dman, he does'nt have to be awesome

the top 6 has to include the 4 usuals with DelZotto (PP QB) and Gilroy( offensive Dynamo)

Old
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
I really dont understand why he's SO tight about carrying only 6 dmen. The hell's the big deal if there's ONE more guy? People get hurt... people have stretches of crap games... there's no NOT to really...

Old
09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
He's looked progressively MORE exposed the last 2-3 games. Prior to that, he looked like a surprisingly good crease-clearing lower pairing option. As the games have gotten faster, his flaws have become more exposed.

Old
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Levitate

Yeah, he made several realy bad passes last night.

I'm going to be soooo pissed if Tortorella sends Del Zotto down and keeps Semenov and says "well we really liked Del Zotto, but we felt we needed a veteran player on the backline there"

Del Zotto has outplayed Semenov in every possible way

edit: I'm actually really worried about this happening with Tortorella's latest comments. It'd just be really really foolish in my opinion and a bad move. Maybe if we were talking about some other vet defenseman instead of Semenov, but it seems to me like the Rangers would be purposefully making their team weaker by dressing Semenov over Del Zotto right now.

They can always sign Semenov later if they need to. Sending Del Zotto down now is a bad, bad idea.

Last edited by Levitate: 09-25-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old
09-25-2009, 11:09 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
He's looked progressively MORE exposed the last 2-3 games. Prior to that, he looked like a surprisingly good crease-clearing lower pairing option. As the games have gotten faster, his flaws have become more exposed.
Like I said last night he takes horrendous penalties to compensate for his lack of foot speed. Teams with fast skilled guys will expose him time and time again.

Old
09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, he made several realy bad passes last night.

I'm going to be soooo pissed if Tortorella sends Del Zotto down and keeps Semenov and says "well we really liked Del Zotto, but we felt we needed a veteran player on the backline there"

Del Zotto has outplayed Semenov in every possible way

edit: I'm actually really worried about this happening with Tortorella's latest comments. It'd just be really really foolish in my opinion and a bad move. Maybe if we were talking about some other vet defenseman instead of Semenov, but it seems to me like the Rangers would be purposefully making their team weaker by dressing Semenov over Del Zotto right now.

They can always sign Semenov later if they need to. Sending Del Zotto down now is a bad, bad idea.
Completely, 100%, totally, unequivocally there with you.

Old
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Levitate

I also don't like the argument of "no need to rush him, they can send him back". If the guy is showing he can handle the minutes now, how is it rushing him? And they're not even locked into keep him up for the whole season if he starts to wear down.

They don't need to rush him, but if he looks like he can handle it and brings a dynamic to the team that is missing without him, then why in the world would you send him down with the excuse "no need to rush him".

It's not rushing a player when the player can handle it

Old
09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
I also don't like the argument of "no need to rush him, they can send him back". If the guy is showing he can handle the minutes now, how is it rushing him? And they're not even locked into keep him up for the whole season if he starts to wear down.

They don't need to rush him, but if he looks like he can handle it and brings a dynamic to the team that is missing without him, then why in the world would you send him down with the excuse "no need to rush him".

It's not rushing a player when the player can handle it
At least see him for the 9 or 10 games... Then youll have a better sampling... I think they should go that route and reasess then before making a decision so quickly.

Old
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Wasn't sure where to post this - guess the training camp thread is as good as any. Interesting blog post from Zip today, especially as regards Drury:

Quote:
2. The Disappearing Drury. If you know him, you like him, but something’s up. The captain is rarely available at his locker after practices---to talk baseball or camp or anything----or the games in which he’s played. Realize that he said “Shut up and play” was the new mantra, but he’s scoreless in three games and some observers are starting to wonder if he’s letting the room develop or isn’t comfortable with his role on the team and the coach. I think it’s just an aberration, but….
http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/blue-notes-1.811976

Old
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Levitate

I think he's reading into things a little too much...just a few weeks ago they were talking about how Tortorella is relying on Drury and how Drury is putting his stamp on the team. Now because he's quiet in preseason and doesn't spend his time with reporters, and there's something super sinister going on?

Old
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
I think he's reading into things a little too much...just a few weeks ago they were talking about how Tortorella is relying on Drury and how Drury is putting his stamp on the team. Now because he's quiet in preseason and doesn't spend his time with reporters, and there's something super sinister going on?
By the same token, why mention it unless he's getting some sort of odd vibe?

Old
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
By the same token, why mention it unless he's getting some sort of odd vibe?
So people will comment on it and his blog will get hits....

Drury doesn't owe the media a quote and to speculate because he isn't at his locker after practice sounds like sour grapes from Zipay.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

The way this organization is structured right now with two bad contracts on defense (one of which will have to be moved this sumemr) and more prospects coming, it's inconceiveable that the Rangers would only have one rookie on defense. I am wondering though whether there's a 2-1 trade out there for a veteran defenseman (Potter + another player/prospect) that may make Seminov expendable.

Old
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
maybe he forgot that Semenov isn't actually signed yet

Tortorella is inconsistent as all hell. Just a week ago he was talking about carrying 7 D
I feel like he does this on purpose so guys dont get comfortable. He has said he wants the roster down to 20 and yet there are still 23 guys with just one preseason game left. Seems to me like he wants the remaining defenseman to battle it out in the last game.

Closed Thread