HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kirill Kabanov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2009, 04:30 PM
  #1
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Kirill Kabanov

IIHF has cleared him to practice with the Wildcats.
http://an.capacadie.com/sports-regio...rque-a-moncton

Good old You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95guTQLgNwg


Last edited by Alpine: 09-03-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 11:31 PM
  #2
Hossa
Registered User
 
Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Abroad
Posts: 9,223
vCash: 500
If that video is any evidence, Kabanov has a lot of room to develop physically. He looks pretty young.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 12:20 PM
  #3
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
According to a newspaper here in Moncton (Acadie Nouvelle) Kabanov will be playing next week on the Quebec road trip according to his agent. Heard it before but we'll see. If so its fantastic news for the Wildcats.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 05:02 AM
  #4
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
According to a newspaper here in Moncton (Acadie Nouvelle) Kabanov will be playing next week on the Quebec road trip according to his agent. Heard it before but we'll see. If so its fantastic news for the Wildcats.
Here's the link.
In the En bref section at the bottom of the story,
http://an.capacadie.com/sports-regio...hollywoodienne

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
  #5
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
According to a newspaper here in Moncton (Acadie Nouvelle) Kabanov will be playing next week on the Quebec road trip according to his agent. Heard it before but we'll see. If so its fantastic news for the Wildcats.
Well that didn't happen and well Kabanov told me personally he'd be playing tomorrow but this was last week and it's really not looking good.

__________________
.
Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
  #6
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Well that didn't happen and well Kabanov told me personally he'd be playing tomorrow but this was last week and it's really not looking good.
Good call idiot!!


Kabanov is playing tomorrow.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews


http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wor...cton/#more-161

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
  #7
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
This is one time that you can be happy you were wrong! This could end up being huge for the Cats!!

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
  #8
EvenStrengthHockey
Registered User
 
EvenStrengthHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada/USA
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
According to the Moncton Wildcats newsletter they send when breaking news that

He is expected to be in the lineup for both games pending final paperwork.

Heres some more links folks since everyones sending links

http://www.evenstrength.com/2009/10/...ay-in-moncton/

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index..._nouvelle=2222

http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-c...ase.php?id=559

all links pretty much saying the same thing as eachother

EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 10:38 AM
  #9
Chris Roberts
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
He played last night, scored the opening goal in a 2-0 win and got first star. Louis Domingue had the shutout, another potential high pick in this years draft, and Gromley had the other goal. What a great night for Wildcat fans.

Chris Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
  #10
MarcPiquesFan
Registered User
 
MarcPiquesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hull
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
This guy is a beast! 5 points in 2 games!!! OK, he face Halifax, but for a euro, it's suprising that he learn the N-A play so fast!

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
  #11
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
This guy is a beast! 5 points in 2 games!!! OK, he face Halifax, but for a euro, it's suprising that he learn the N-A play so fast!
He's only going to get better once he gets used to the physical play and gets used to his linemates.

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
  #12
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
I look forward to seeing him on Saturday. Hopefully the atmosphere is worthy of such a showcase (namely the two highly regarded Russians and the top two teams in the division right now).

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
  #13
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Kirill Kabanov

Quote:
Cats Coach Danny Flynn admits Kabanov may not be recovered from wrist surgery in time for playoffs. He is home returning in New Year.
http://twitter.com/rinkrant

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM
  #14
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
with the trades they just did, pretty sure he'll be back for the playoffs.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
  #15
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!
 
BobbyRyan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Moncton needs everyone they can get and losing a guy like Kabanov for the playoffs would be devastating. I think there might just be a slight possibility the injury could keep him out into the playoffs. I'd expect him back right right before the playoffs start or at some point in the first round at the latest. He'll do anything to get back into the lineup as soon as possible and will want to showcase his talent for the upcoming draft.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
  #16
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
I'm wondering about Kabanov's inclusion on the CHL Prospects Game roster in late January.
If there is no way that he'll be back by then and the NHL teams that picked the team know that.
Why was he included?

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:41 PM
  #17
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I'm wondering about Kabanov's inclusion on the CHL Prospects Game roster in late January.
If there is no way that he'll be back by then and the NHL teams that picked the team know that.
Why was he included?
On the slim chance he is back, they want him there to take a look at him.

And if he isn't back and they need to name an injury replacement (say a week or so before the game), it allows them some extra time to evaluate and pick who they would like to be there.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:27 AM
  #18
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Why going all in on a draw?

they wouldn't have traded all their future if he ain't sure to be there for the playoffs.

if he is out, as reported, that is the dumbest move ever.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 07:28 AM
  #19
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Why going all in on a draw?

they wouldn't have traded all their future if he ain't sure to be there for the playoffs.

if he is out, as reported, that is the dumbest move ever.
Realistically the Cats don't need Kabanov to go for it. Would he be a help Damn right! But with Borque, Deschamps, Brannon, Cameron, Hrivik and Stephens KAbanov is just an added bonus. Plus with the addition of an Alla Star caliber goalie for free the Cats would be nuts NOT to go for it. They gave up 2 goid young players but it will be worth it to watch them once we are healthy and a full roster together.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:44 PM
  #20
lazsloo*
 
lazsloo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Can you say this CLOWN is OVER RATED... Sure he looked good in some games but most just a typical floater, horrible defensively, no team ethic in him. They shouldnt want hm back during the playoffs because all the other teams will have a 5 on 4 in Monctons end while he is skating around the opposing team blue line waiting for a pass LMAO!!!!

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
  #21
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazsloo View Post
Can you say this CLOWN is OVER RATED... Sure he looked good in some games but most just a typical floater, horrible defensively, no team ethic in him. They shouldnt want hm back during the playoffs because all the other teams will have a 5 on 4 in Monctons end while he is skating around the opposing team blue line waiting for a pass LMAO!!!!
Where do you come up with this crap?? He is rated in the top 10 of the NHL draft but you are obviosuly waaaaaayyy smarter than the scouts who are projecting them. If you put kabanov with offensive players (which he will have if he comes back before playoffs) he will be a force. But hey to each his own.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:34 PM
  #22
lazsloo*
 
lazsloo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Listen i have seen him play 9 out of his 15 or so games, definsively he is horrible and he floats. Plain and simple...... Just watch and see he will be a bust like Alexandre Daigle ( that is who he reminds me of)

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:46 PM
  #23
lazsloo*
 
lazsloo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Does this look familiar...

“There is no denying Kabanov has an immense amount of talent, but he seems to be causing problems off the ice, already showing some resistance to his coaches. I’m happy he decided to challenge himself against the world’s best prospects in Canada, but it’s time for him to buy in, prove his worth on the ice and realize he still has a lot to learn as a player.”

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
  #24
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazsloo View Post
Listen i have seen him play 9 out of his 15 or so games, definsively he is horrible and he floats. Plain and simple...... Just watch and see he will be a bust like Alexandre Daigle ( that is who he reminds me of)
saying that Daigle floated only proves you've never seen him play in juniors.

he was doing everything, and is one of the best players to ever played the Q, along with the likes of Lafontaine, Lemieux, Crosby.

1991-92 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 66 35 75 110 63
1992-93 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 53 45 92 137 85

45 goals 137 points in 53 games aren't really the stats of a floater.

But hey I guess with your scouting talent you said that Daigle was going to be a bust.

I've seen Kabanov only once, he did appeared to be a very good prospect.

i'll wait and see, because you probably said that Kovalchuk was a floater and was going to be a bust, because Kabanov looks a lot to me like a 18 yo Kovalchuk

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:20 PM
  #25
lazsloo*
 
lazsloo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
saying that Daigle floated only proves you've never seen him play in juniors.

he was doing everything, and is one of the best players to ever played the Q, along with the likes of Lafontaine, Lemieux, Crosby.

1991-92 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 66 35 75 110 63
1992-93 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 53 45 92 137 85

45 goals 137 points in 53 games aren't really the stats of a floater.

But hey I guess with your scouting talent you said that Daigle was going to be a bust.

I've seen Kabanov only once, he did appeared to be a very good prospect.

i'll wait and see, because you probably said that Kovalchuk was a floater and was going to be a bust, because Kabanov looks a lot to me like a 18 yo Kovalchuk

What i meant by the Daigle statement was he will be a bust in the NHL, unless he changes his Defensive play and team play and stop Whinning. Yes he does look like an 18 yo Kovalchuk but he is also a player that only cares about him and his stats.... Seen it many times this year

lazsloo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.