Kirill Kabanov

Old
02-18-2010, 05:35 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainside View Post
According to the Moncton Wildcats' website, Kirill Kabanov has been cleared to play and will be in the lineup tomorrow night against the Rimouski Oceanic.

Quite a surprise when you consider that just a couple days ago he was considered gone for the year from many "sources". You have to wonder whether or not he will be playing at 100% or not, but either way good news for the Q to have such a talented player to be back in the league. Good news for the Wildcats too as it could be a sign their injury fortunes are taking a turn for the better.

LINK:http://moncton-wildcats.com/en-ca/ne...ase.php?id=709
It will be nice to see him finally play again this season, even if he isn't 100%. People have been talking about him all season and have been dying to see him back in the lineup. I wonder who his linemates will be in Moncton? Also, DiDomenico just returned to Drummondville for his first game yesterday and made an immediate impact. I wonder if he'll break up the line of Dumont, Vachon and Couturier or if he'll play on the second.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Mountainside

I was reading the maritime division forum earlier today, and it seems the Wildcats will have a full group of forwards for the first time all year. By the sounds of it people there are looking at something like the following:

Hrivik-Cameron-Deschamps -->why break it up it's been hot

Kabanov-Tessier-Bourque--> Kabanov and Brannon didn't mesh well at the beginning of the year. Tessier and Bourque are fast, skilled players who are more likely to be able to play/think on the same level as Kabanov.

Brannon-Stephens-Pettersson--> a good solid all round line with some skill.. would have to be one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

Sauliner-Saulnier-MacAusland--> Interchangeable with any of the extra forwards depending on the game.

I have a couple good buddies in Moncton that are extremely excited to see what this team looks like a little healthier. They look like an exciting team to watch right now, although it'll be a tough road to the cup. I'll likely be in Moncton for a few games come playoff time.

Mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:30 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
It will be nice to see him finally play again this season, even if he isn't 100%. People have been talking about him all season and have been dying to see him back in the lineup. I wonder who his linemates will be in Moncton? Also, DiDomenico just returned to Drummondville for his first game yesterday and made an immediate impact. I wonder if he'll break up the line of Dumont, Vachon and Couturier or if he'll play on the second.
Dido began the game with Vachon and Dumont, nut ended with Couturier and Dumont, which was the original plan when the coaching staff knew he was back.

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:40 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Dido began the game with Vachon and Dumont, nut ended with Couturier and Dumont, which was the original plan when the coaching staff knew he was back.
Alright, thanks for the update patsbury. It would make sense to move Vachon down to the second line because he is a really versatile center who makes the players around him better. Dumont and Couturier will be fine without him and the team's offense becomes deeper after the first line.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 11:04 AM
macdtre

Don't get too excited yet! As most, it is very good news for the QMJHL and Moncton fans alike to have Karill Kabanov back in the lineup after a very lengthy recovery period BUT I would not expect too much out of this kid for awhile. Even with 14 pts. in 11 games he showed signs of immiturity, size being the number 1 concern. I had the priviledge of seeing him play a couple of times at the Coliseum in Moncton and was quite impressed with his natural ability with the puck. He is one of those rare players with the natural ability to handle the puck. In my humble opinion, I see the first 12 games as a test, maybe warmup for a much stronger Kirill in the playoffs.

I hope this injury doesn't persist because we'll need him if we were to come up against a STRONG Drummondville team. Darn you Chris DiDomenico, Toronto needs you!

macdtre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:28 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Kirill Kabanov

I was looking at the Moncton rosters and I noted that Kirill Kabanov wasn't there!

Did I miss something??? Where will he play this season?

Thanks in advance

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I believe he's still with the Islanders organization working out with the staff there. I think the plan is for him to rejoin the Wildcats after the Isles rookie/training camp.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
MarcPiquesFan

OK, cause on the QMJHL web site, he's not on Moncton's line-up...

http://lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index.php...2&id_equipe=10

Weird...

Old
09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
MarcPiquesFan

I found a small article on Kabanov on Sports Juniors :

"Kirill Kabanov, l’ancien jouer des Wildcats de Monction, est arrivé en retard aux tests médicaux, lors de la première journée du camp des recrues des Islanders de New York. Résultat, le choix de troisième ronde de l’équipe a été exclu de la pratique comme mesure disciplinaire"

I notice that he said "l'ancien joueur des Wildcats", which is meaning "former Wildcats player".

Weird...

Old
09-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

On the QMJHL site, it also doesn't list Jeremie Blain on the Titan roster.

A lot of things are wrong on the QMJHL site right now. I wouldn't take anything on there as accurate fact.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Weiwuer

I expect him to return to Moncton for this season.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Thank you guys!

Old
09-15-2010, 08:14 AM
peicurler91

Hopefully he learned his lesson. I heard that he has been telling his friends in Russia to come play here. I don't blame him, the 1 advantage to playing in say the KHL would be the ridiculous contracts you can sign there.

Glad to hear he is supposed to play for the Cats this year. You finally get to see him play and Irving gets his money's worth.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
CH4

lol he was suspended by the islanders for being late to the morning training his first in the NHL.

I wouldn't want this guy close to my team.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
lol he was suspended by the islanders for being late to the morning training his first in the NHL.

I wouldn't want this guy close to my team.
I think you're not the only one! ^^

Old
09-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Marco Corleone

Sticky situation for Flynn and the Wildcats. Kabanov's ego may be too big for Flynn to tolerate. If he returns to Moncton, I will gladly take any bet that he won't finish the season as a Wildcat.

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:59 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Corleone View Post
Sticky situation for Flynn and the Wildcats. Kabanov's ego may be too big for Flynn to tolerate. If he returns to Moncton, I will gladly take any bet that he won't finish the season as a Wildcat.
I agree I wouldn't want him near my team ........and he was drafted ahead of Galiev..hard to believe

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
MarcPiquesFan

For the second time of the NYI camp, he arrived late at the practice! ^^

Old
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
The Q professor

Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 View Post
I agree I wouldn't want him near my team ........and he was drafted ahead of Galiev..hard to believe
I will send victor Hertzberg straight up for K.Kabanov

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 10:30 AM
peicurler91

If you had the right person on the team (coaching/management) I would love to have Kabanov of my team. Yes he has a major ego. Yes he has made mistakes. **** yes he is a talented player.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:13 AM
bigdirty

Talent is one thing, i wouldn't want this prima dona on my team. Makes Yashin look like a real captain.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Kabanov should be playing his first QMJHL game on Friday in Saint John.

10-05-2010, 12:12 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Kabanov should be playing his first QMJHL game on Friday in Saint John.
... if he doesn't arrive late at the game

Old
10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
... if he doesn't arrive late at the game
Well he was here for the game on time but Mr Man I would never have him on my team. Played with little passion looked like he didn't want to be here.I feel sorry for the Saulnier bros having to play with him. He took 3 stupid pentalies and if he continues to use the stick the way he does ....well he will pay the price because is stick work is brutal.Is any team mate going to standup for him after the way last year went?? I'm thinking not.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
DTUCKER16

Kabonov

Hey Wildcat fans......honestly do you really think this guy will last the year with a Danny Flynn coached team????