HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The "Edmonton Events" Thread

Old
09-04-2009, 04:34 PM
BandwagonBasher

vCash: 500
Surprised by the fact that noone has mentioned who is opening for Slipknot...DEFTONES!!!
Awesome\
Also add Joe Rogan at the River Cree October 1st.

BandwagonBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:34 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Excellent, a Dane Cook fan. Can you please help point me at something of his that is funny? I know he is insanely popular and I'm assuming there is a legit reason for it, and it's not just that he is pretty and the "boy-band" of comedians. But I have seriously never seen anything of his that even made me chuckle. A youtube clip that you like would be awesome. So far I am very very confused as to how he got so popular. Russell Peters, on the other hand, is pretty good. A bit too much race-humour for my tastes, but at least I can tell when he's told a joke, unlike Dane Cook who just seems to tell a long story, make a funny face and jump around alot, and then move onto another long story. Please help, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Thx.
Your not taking crazy pills....I never have and I donít think I ever will understand how he became so popular. Hes not funny. Its mind blasting why hes popular

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
Beats me...I just wanted to post that picture.

Actually, I know that down here, Ticketmaster doesn't handle ALL of the shows coming. Not sure what it is like there.
that was a phenomenal picture, and yes i think the word phenomenal is perfect for it

and ya, ticketmaster doesn't handle all of them, but they do handle like 85-90% of the ones that are worth knowing about, basically anything that isn't just a $5 show gets handled on ticketmaster for the most part (minus most the comedy clubs, other than the river cree)

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonBasher View Post
Surprised by the fact that noone has mentioned who is opening for Slipknot...DEFTONES!!!
Awesome\
Deftones!?! Holy crap.

Joe Rogan added.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:37 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonBasher View Post
I think someone had better contact their security detail. That hack is going to be dropping F-bombs everywhere.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Excellent, a Dane Cook fan. Can you please help point me at something of his that is funny? I know he is insanely popular and I'm assuming there is a legit reason for it, and it's not just that he is pretty and the "boy-band" of comedians. But I have seriously never seen anything of his that even made me chuckle. A youtube clip that you like would be awesome. So far I am very very confused as to how he got so popular. Russell Peters, on the other hand, is pretty good. A bit too much race-humour for my tastes, but at least I can tell when he's told a joke, unlike Dane Cook who just seems to tell a long story, make a funny face and jump around alot, and then move onto another long story. Please help, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Thx.
honestly, i don't really care too much for dane cook either, but the g/f got tickets cause she likes him and figured i'd like him cause i was going to russell peters without her (oops), so honestly, i'm kinda with you, not really a fan of his at all... i rented his tourgasm dvd, and i don't think i laughed once

Old
09-04-2009, 04:46 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
honestly, i don't really care too much for dane cook either, but the g/f got tickets cause she likes him and figured i'd like him cause i was going to russell peters without her (oops), so honestly, i'm kinda with you, not really a fan of his at all... i rented his tourgasm dvd, and i don't think i laughed once
I laughed at his "b-line" joke and that was the only single thing I laughed at on the dvd.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Keith Urban here on the 20th and 22nd of September.

Anyone know if there's anyone opening for Bryan Adams tonight? Or if the rain will stop, for that matter...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post

Anyone know if there's anyone opening for Bryan Adams tonight? Or if the rain will stop, for that matter...
supposed to be tickets still available, check ticketmaster

and speaking of keith urban, if anyone is looking to buy 3 tickets, section 118 row 1 let me know, got 3 for sale, send me a PM

Old
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Added.

Old
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
s7ark

Quote:
Crap. I was really hoping there would be something a fan could point to. I'll keep looking for an actual fan then. Hope it doesn't totally suck for you. Enjoy Russell Peters though Personally I've been really into Jimmy Carr and Doug Stanhope(esp. No Refunds) of late. I'd love it if either of them came here.

And on the thread, great topic idea. I fully support the sticky proposal too.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Crap. I was really hoping there would be something a fan could point to. I'll keep looking for an actual fan then. Hope it doesn't totally suck for you. Enjoy Russell Peters though Personally I've been really into Jimmy Carr and Doug Stanhope(esp. No Refunds) of late. I'd love it if either of them came here.

And on the thread, great topic idea. I fully support the sticky proposal too.
if you send the laugh shop your recommendations of comedians via email, they sometimes go out and try and get them to come to edmonton

Old
09-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Rin

I want Russell Peters tickets!

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
NFINITEone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I want Russell Peters tickets!
There are tickets still available. I thought I wouldn't be able to get any this close to the show, so I got mine back in May. It seems like forever that I've been waiting to get my mind blasted since I got those tix.

And as has been stated above.... why the hell is Dane Cook so popular! I don't understand.

NFINITEone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
40oz

I'm going to the Daniel Johnston concert on Tuesday. Don't know what to expect really.
Posted via Mobile Device

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
s7ark

Quote:
if you send the laugh shop your recommendations of comedians via email, they sometimes go out and try and get them to come to edmonton
Thx for the tip

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
geeze all these events and no mention of tiesto on november 10th...too old guys too old

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFINITEone View Post
There are tickets still available. I thought I wouldn't be able to get any this close to the show, so I got mine back in May. It seems like forever that I've been waiting to get my mind blasted since I got those tix.

And as has been stated above.... why the hell is Dane Cook so popular! I don't understand.

I checked now, there are crappy seats only. Like section 328 I think, row 47.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
geeze all these events and no mention of tiesto on november 10th...too old guys too old
Added.

Old
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
The last Tiesto show... in August of 2007 I think it was...? For the Elements of Life tour... was honestly pretty underwhelming. Started it off with a bang then the last hour and half was ****. ****ed up on his mixing too. I'll still probably go see him again anyways.

Armin Van Buuren all day over Tiesto.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Moby spinning at Edmonton Event's Centre on October 23.

I would rather see Moby in concert mode but might take in this show. Still tickets available.

Lousy venue, yeah I know.

Really I wish we never had River Cree or EEC as otherwise acts would be playing better facilities like the Jube or the Winspear. Or even Shaw Conference centre.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
TheGudge

Dane Cook is a four letter C word. So many better comedians out there. Whoever said Rogan is a hack is on crack, he is original and his insights are flat out hilarious. Doug Stanhope and Lewis CK are two other favs, but the best is still Bill Hicks, RIP.

TheGudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGudge View Post
Dane Cook is a four letter C word. So many better comedians out there. Whoever said Rogan is a hack is on crack, he is original and his insights are flat out hilarious. Doug Stanhope and Lewis CK are two other favs, but the best is still Bill Hicks, RIP.
I think he's a hack because all I hear from him is how he was on Fear Factor and how he just tosses in random obscenities to make himself more obnoxious.

I've never watched UFC, so I guess I've never seen the other side of him. Feel free to enlighten me.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

I'll chime in as another non Dane Cook fan although the wife, female friends, female relatives, immediately love the guy.

Its a female connection. The chicks love Dane it seems and some of his material which hilites the female role in male female conflict.

I'll play my part by not going..

Plus I got the remote control at home anyway..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Ghostbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
I think he's a hack because all I hear from him is how he was on Fear Factor and how he just tosses in random obscenities to make himself more obnoxious.

I've never watched UFC, so I guess I've never seen the other side of him. Feel free to enlighten me.
In hockey terms, Joe Rogan is to UFC like Pierre Mcguire is to hockey.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote