HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rob Schremp Re-signs With Oilers(1 year deal)

Old
09-07-2009, 02:57 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkForest91 View Post
Thats cute

AHL 08-09 Season
7 goals, 35 assists in 69 games
AHL 07-08 Season
23 goals, 53 assists in 78 games.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:16 AM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
AHL 07-08 Season
23 goals, 53 assists in 78 games.
So his career is already on the decline? Thanks for clearing that up for us.

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Schremp is an immature, undisciplined, and immensely skilled player. Predicting his success or failure is like flinging poo at the wall. It's going to be ALL about his level of effort in the upcoming season. He has dominated the AHL and then gotten frustrated with his lack of promotion, fairly or unfairly, and decided to mail it in for the rest of the season.

I will say that there is not another American ice hockey player in the league with his kind of dangles. It would be nice to see him have success.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
He'd pass through waivers just fine
The Islanders will claim him, 100%. Edmonton-NYI had a deal worked out at the draft for Rob Shremp to be headed to the NYI's for a 2nd rounder, Snow nixed it.

If Shremp hits waivers, he'll be a New York Islander. Count on it.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 11:22 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
The Islanders will claim him, 100%. Edmonton-NYI had a deal worked out at the draft for Rob Shremp to be headed to the NYI's for a 2nd rounder, Snow nixed it.

Not to nitpick,but the Oilers asking the isles if they'd give up a 2nd for him and Snow saying no,isn't having a deal worked out.

It's the Oilers unsuccessfully shopping him for a 2nd and not finding a taker.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:

Like to speak in absolutes?

Where was the 'deal' for the 2nd rounder? If one was in place, then why did Snow nix a deal he had in his back pocket?

There was no deal. It was an offer, not a contract. Snow smartly said no thanks. If I want your garbage, I'll take it off the wire for free in 3 months.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Darth Milbury

Matheson SPECULATED that the Isles would take Schremp on waivers and also said Snow had said no to a trade at the draft. Personally, I don't think they'd take him even on waivers though - given that there are no roster spots available.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Wheatking

I don't know why someone wouldn't claim him. What's the worst that can happen? A team like the Islanders claim him, give him a shot in their top 6, he doesn't work out and they put him on waivers where he is either claimed or helps your AHL team. The team will be off the hook in July.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
trainwreck

There's plenty of room on the Isles for a cheap project. It looks like Schremp needs a change of scenery and the Isles could use some talent.

trainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreck View Post
There's plenty of room on the Isles for a cheap project. It looks like Schremp needs a change of scenery and the Isles could use some talent.
In point of fact, the Isles have ZERO free roster spots. To bring Schremp up to the big club, they'd have to move off one of their players now and that isn't going to happen.If Oil waive him, I predict he clears.

Old
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
In point of fact, the Isles have ZERO free roster spots. To bring Schremp up to the big club, they'd have to move off one of their players now and that isn't going to happen.If Oil waive him, I predict he clears.
Wouldn't want to take ice-time away from Joel Rechlicz.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Wheatking

I have trouble believing that a team that didn't have a single forward hit 40 points last season could have no room.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
There's more to being a fan than just following your team. There are 29 other teams in the league, you know. Don't be like the nuck fans.
Because Nucks fans don't know there are 29 other NHL teams? Yeah, good one.

CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Wouldn't want to take ice-time away from Joel Rechlicz.
Rechliz can at least drop the gloves and protect the younger,smaller forwards like
Tavares,Bailey and Neilsen.

Old
09-07-2009, 04:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I have trouble believing that a team that didn't have a single forward hit 40 points last season could have no room.
Okposo had 39 pts in 65 games.We all expect a healthy Okposo to surpass 40 pts.
We also expect Tavares to get more then 40 pts.

The only way I want Schremp,is if it's off waivers and they're giving up on Tambellini.
I can't see the demanding Gordon being a Schremp fan any more then MacT was.

Old
09-07-2009, 04:45 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Woah! TWO players over 40 points- dream big!
I don't want to pretend that an aging Doug Weight's gonna score more then 40 or that I'm confident Hunter's going to return to 40 pt form(2007-2008)

Isles have unproven forwards Bailey,Bergenheim,Comeau,Tambellini.I want those players developing on the isles roster.All have bought into Gordon's aggressive forechecking system and all(even Tambellini and Bailey),try to play physical.

MacT ripped Schremp last season for his lazy defensive play.Do people think Gordon's gonna expect any less then MacT did?Gonna demand any less from Schremp then he does his own young prospects?

Old
09-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Darth Milbury

No offense, but when the fan of a team that missed the playoffs talks smack, a little hard to take it seriously.

Anyway, the Isles will likely not have any big scorers next season. But, I fail to see how Schremp would change that.

Old
09-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
I understand that, Darth. But if the Islanders have an injury during TC or someone shows poorly things can change.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide View Post
I understand that, Darth. But if the Islanders have an injury during TC or someone shows poorly things can change.
Figren,Joensuu and Martin are among the kids coming to Islander TC,but expected to spend the yr in the AHL.

Joensuu and Martin have given interviews, saying they are coming in to win a roster spot with the isles.They're aware the isles lack size among their forwards.

It' much more likely,one of these youngsters forces the isles to make room for him,then it is we'll see the isles in the mix for Schremp.

Old
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I think Nashville would put a claim in on him. How is he on the wing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Best of luck to him, wouldn't mind having him with the Preds if he went through waivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
He is EXACTLY the type of project Sather would snatch up on the waiver wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I'd pick up schremp if i were the ducks
Quote:

Guys, settle down.

A GUARANTEE has been made on page 1, you should've put your claim before that.

Move along, now.

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Common misconception from posters around here is that because the Isles sucked last year any piece of junk in their organization can contribute and would be desired by the Isles.

Frankly, that gets old.

Old
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
trainwreck

Quote:
Common misconception from posters around here is that because the Isles sucked last year any piece of junk in their organization can contribute and would be desired by the Isles.

Frankly, that gets old.
I agree, but nobody is trying to sell anything or get rid of a bloated contract. Just a talented, but flawed player on the scrap heap that might need a home. For free. And the isles could dump him at any time.

We've seen that work a few times on the island. Jason Blake and Mariusz Czerkawski come to mind.

trainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreck View Post
I agree, but nobody is trying to sell anything or get rid of a bloated contract. Just a talented, but flawed player on the scrap heap that might need a home. For free. And the isles could dump him at any time.

We've seen that work a few times on the island. Jason Blake and Mariusz Czerkawski come to mind.
I'm not saying I'd be upset if the Isles claimed Schremp on waivers. Although, I doubt the Oilers are going to give him a contract just to waive him.

My point was that this notion that the Isles could definitely use Schremp is false. The Isles did suck last year, and they have a lot of needs in virtually every position. That doesn't mean that every AHL castoff from a nonplayoff team like the Oilers can contribute on the Island. And, right now, we have a slew of our own young kids we want to break in.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 09-09-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Ashe

You just played 4 games in the NHL. toiled on the 4th line. Scored 3 goals in 4 games, and made some amazing plays and moves. Then. Get sent down, as the other two guys you played with stay up who did nothing..Would you be pissed?

Erin Perrin did this exact same thing last year with the Thrashers. He was pissed he wasnt in the top 6. So his play declined. Hell good ol Coburn did the same thing and *****ed in the AHL and stopped caring.

The guy wants a chance to be with the big club, and as much i think he did it the wrong way. He's getting it.

I can see a few teams taking a flyer on him who might need lower help on a 4th line to add some extra offensive threat for cheap, Or even a fringe top 6 guy.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 04:58 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Schremp has a lot of talent, but MacTavish never really gave him a chance. Instead he'd give ice time to guys like Pouliot, Jacques, Reddox, etc.

Hopefully Quinn can get Schremp to play to the best of his abilities.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote