HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rob Schremp Re-signs With Oilers(1 year deal)

Old
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
There's more to being a fan than just following your team. There are 29 other teams in the league, you know. Don't be like the nuck fans.
lol... So you're not going to answer my question? And what does being a fan of more then one team have to do with that question? Not everyone follows every single non-nhl player, especially some Ytube sensation whose turning out to be a major bust. That doesn't make them any less of a fan. Don't be a typical Oil fan.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 11:44 AM
shogun99

vCash: 500
Best approach is to see what he does at camp and even with a great camp he will probably be the last cut pending a trade that opens up 1 or more roster spots.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
razman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You just played 4 games in the NHL. toiled on the 4th line. Scored 3 goals in 4 games, and made some amazing plays and moves. Then. Get sent down, as the other two guys you played with stay up who did nothing..Would you be pissed?

Erin Perrin did this exact same thing last year with the Thrashers. He was pissed he wasnt in the top 6. So his play declined. Hell good ol Coburn did the same thing and *****ed in the AHL and stopped caring.

The guy wants a chance to be with the big club, and as much i think he did it the wrong way. He's getting it.

I can see a few teams taking a flyer on him who might need lower help on a 4th line to add some extra offensive threat for cheap, Or even a fringe top 6 guy.
For the record, Schremp scored 0 goals in his 4 games. That anyone would try and defend his terrible, selfish attitude is puzzling but hey, each to their own. He's been given many chances to stick with the big club, he just hasn't earned the right to stay.

razman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
tretiak09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You just played 4 games in the NHL. toiled on the 4th line. Scored 3 goals in 4 games, and made some amazing plays and moves. Then. Get sent down, as the other two guys you played with stay up who did nothing..Would you be pissed? .
Okay, he had zero goals, and had 3 assists in 4 games, but big whoop.

Calgary's Matt Pelech had 3 points in just one more game, but it's not a big enough sample size, so who cares.

Rob Schremp had a great first game, an iffy 2nd game, then sucked for the last two. The initial rush wore off way too fast and he flat lined, and it didn't help that he went back down to the minors and sucked so bad he was a healthy scratch down there.

tretiak09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Eytinge

How can people try and suggest that Schremp is a better player than Nilsson? Nilsson scored more goals in the NHL than Scremp did in the AHL!

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
reddog737

7 goals in 69 ahl games last year, shrempf is a bum and will never make an nhl team

/thread

reddog737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Personally, I'm just surprised an AHL signing warranted 5 pages of responses.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Its a long fall for the choosen one.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
nsoilfan

i for one hope schremp makes a good impression. it funny how some people are so negative about this guy. he is a prospect trying to make the NHL i hope he does.

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:24 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
i for one hope schremp makes a good impression. it funny how some people are so negative about this guy. he is a prospect trying to make the NHL i hope he does.
Because he has had a bad attitiude in the past. There are a lot of articles and stories out there on this guy dogging it. He may be serious now but is it to late?

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote