HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Creating a Flyers Wiki

Old
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
OT: Creating a Flyers Wiki

Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in helping to create a flyers wiki....basically wikipedia for all things flyers. I can do the design however Im going to need help with loading content and hosting.

I think this could be amazing.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
If I were you I would get the help of MSE. Dude knows everything about the Flyers. Just take a look at his GDT's. You can basically put all the Flyers that ever played AND what were significant events that happened on each day of the year.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in helping to create a flyers wiki....basically wikipedia for all things flyers. I can do the design however Im going to need help with loading content and hosting.

I think this could be amazing.
www.flyershistory.com has everything already...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
^ Thanx, PR.

Since there are recorded thoughts and opinions from management, players and media from certain events, how about doing one that involves the sentiments of fans?

This way you could incorporate some of the historical events without re-issuing the same content. Example: Primeau's 5-OT goal. Give a description of the play and what makes it so famous and then have fans' recollections.

You could range from the most cherished times to the worst moments (ex. Where were you when you first heard of Lindbergh's car accident?).

Just a thought.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Hey I just saw this post. I definitely want to incorporate user profiles and have pretty much a user community. These user profiles will allow you to enter your favorite flyer moments and everything else.

I have the design of the site pretty much in prototype it is up i just need to load the content, could really use help!

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote