HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

"Pacioretty gets a head start at earning spot with Canadiens"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-08-2009, 12:37 PM
  #76
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Agreed, but balance isn't always measured when you have your two skates jammed into the ice. It's also about when you're in movement.

A heavier guy should be harder to move, that much is normal. But that doesn't mean a smaller guy will necessarily be easier to knock down.
He just need to study a couple things with Richard Zednik... starting with... how to get tree trunks

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM
  #77
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
192 lbs is too skinny for a 6'2 guy projected to be a powerforward IMO. Higgins is 2 inches shorter and was @ 200 pounds with the lowest fat % on the team last season. I hope Patch could play at least @ 210 pounds.
I'm sure he never came up with this plan, the team obviously made it for him and he followed it. If he needs to add weight it will be developed in his workout and training regime.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
  #78
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Were you working out when your calorie intake was at 4200?
Yes I was. I used to think the best way to shape up is by gaining mass. I then realized gaining mass doesn't necessarily make you stronger, fitter or healthier at all. That's when I switched to zone dieting. It makes you stronger, leaner, you have more energy, and need less sleep.

In the end, it all depends what you want. But I was just saying that because I'm pretty much at the same weight as I was when I had a 4200 calorie intake. Except I've transformed the bit fat I had into lean muscles and I'm in much much fitter and healthier than when I was eating a lot.

Anyways, this was just directed to the people that have this conception that the heavier you are on a scale then the stronger you are.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
  #79
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes I was. I used to think the best way to shape up is by gaining mass. I then realized gaining mass doesn't necessarily make you stronger, fitter or healthier at all. That's when I switched to zone dieting. It makes you stronger, leaner, you have more energy, and need less sleep.

In the end, it all depends what you want. But I was just saying that because I'm pretty much at the same weight as I was when I had a 4200 calorie intake. Except I've transformed the bit fat I had into lean muscles and I'm in much much fitter and healthier than when I was eating a lot.

Anyways, this was just directed to the people that have this conception that the heavier you are on a scale then the stronger you are.
Okay cause 4200 calories is quite scary if you dont work out.

it often depends what you want really... Some people do want to get a bit bigger, some people need to as well. Or they go by step, take mass, get more cut, take mass, etc... In the long run you get bigger while staying in very good shape.

I'll try to hit the gym when I get back home as well. Thought of it for a while, but it was a bit complicated this summer... I know one of my friend is up for it and he did work out for a year like a year ago before his partner dropped out.

For like the first time in my life I know where I want to go and I know what I need to do to get there. Took me 20 years, but I feel like I'm there now

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 02:23 PM
  #80
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Okay cause 4200 calories is quite scary if you dont work out.

it often depends what you want really... Some people do want to get a bit bigger, some people need to as well. Or they go by step, take mass, get more cut, take mass, etc... In the long run you get bigger while staying in very good shape.

I'll try to hit the gym when I get back home as well. Thought of it for a while, but it was a bit complicated this summer... I know one of my friend is up for it and he did work out for a year like a year ago before his partner dropped out.

For like the first time in my life I know where I want to go and I know what I need to do to get there. Took me 20 years, but I feel like I'm there now
Good for you man..

crossfit.com is the way to workout buddy. Trust me.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
  #81
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,517
vCash: 500
Size and strength do go together but not all the time. I have seen smaller guys in the gym lift more than bigger guys and I have also seen the reverse. Moreover, different sports require different body shapes and fitness levels. In soccer, being trim and fit is ideal (being able to run for 90 minutes). In other sports, such as football, size and strength coupled with killer acceleration is key. I think hockey is somewhere in the middle. Too big and you cant move on the ice and too trim and you will have no strength to maintain puck possession and move others off the puck. MaxPac is going for a fine balance between size and fitness. BTW, he is like 21 years old and will probably play at around 200 to 210 lbs later on in his career. Lastly, there are some players that have great genetics and are able to be both big and strong and very fast (Ovechkin and Kovalchuk come to mind).

I am glad that MaxPac made getting into shape a top priority this summer. It demonstrates his commitment to the organization and to reaching a level of fitness where he will have a greater presence on the ice. BTW, I would have been more concerned if he was spending his summer around a BBQ eating ribs and drinking a six-pack of Molsons a night!

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
  #82
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I am glad that MaxPac made getting into shape a top priority this summer. It demonstrates his commitment to the organization and to reaching a level of fitness where he will have a greater presence on the ice. BTW, I would have been more concerned if he was spending his summer around a BBQ eating ribs and drinking a six-pack of Molsons a night!
Of course, there must be Latendresse bashing in all threads.

Habs fans

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.