HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Fantasy Prospect League Official Thread 2008/09

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2008, 11:08 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
CBJ Fantasy Prospect League Official Thread 2008/09

New League, New Thread! Due to the overwhelming ammount of interest in fantasy hockey on this board it is time to start a third League. The fantasy leagues on this board are organized into a super-league system. The Premier League (formerly League #1) sits at the top of the food chain. The Grinder League (formerly League #2) comes next and acts as a feeder league to the big boys. Finally, there is the Prospect League (League #3) that acts as the entry league for the board and as a feeder league for the Grinder League. The process works based on the final ranking in each league at the end of each season. The top two managers in each league (except the Premier League of course) have the option of moving up to the next highest league during the next season. The bottom two managers in each league (except the Prospect League of course) are asked to drop down one level.

As of right now the membership of the Prospect League consists of the following 7 posters:

jacketshockey
ShelleyFan45
GQS
AlienLanes82
Timeless Winter
Mogilny89
scrogs63

I have no doubt that there are others out there who would like to play and there are at least two posters (myself and cydawg) that have shown an interest in playing in multiple leagues. Therefore I foresee no problems in filling out the league.

As of right now, there is no official administrator for this league. If running this puppy sounds like fun to you, shout it out. Until that happens, I will act as administrator and will continue to do so if no one else wants to do it.

PM your friends and let them know that it is time to play!

Old
09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dancin' Beaver View Post
New League, New Thread! Due to the overwhelming ammount of interest in fantasy hockey on this board it is time to start a third League. The fantasy leagues on this board are organized into a super-league system. The Premier League (formerly League #1) sits at the top of the food chain. The Grinder League (formerly League #2) comes next and acts as a feeder league to the big boys. Finally, there is the Prospect League (League #3) that acts as the entry league for the board and as a feeder league for the Grinder League. The process works based on the final ranking in each league at the end of each season. The top two managers in each league (except the Premier League of course) have the option of moving up to the next highest league during the next season. The bottom two managers in each league (except the Prospect League of course) are asked to drop down one level.

As of right now the membership of the Prospect League consists of the following 7 posters:

jacketshockey
ShelleyFan45
GQS
AlienLanes82
Timeless Winter
Mogilny89
scrogs63

I have no doubt that there are others out there who would like to play and there are at least two posters (myself and cydawg) that have shown an interest in playing in multiple leagues. Therefore I foresee no problems in filling out the league.

As of right now, there is no official administrator for this league. If running this puppy sounds like fun to you, shout it out. Until that happens, I will act as administrator and will continue to do so if no one else wants to do it.

I'm in.

Old
09-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The Dancin' Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I'm in.
And then there were 8:

jacketshockey
ShelleyFan45
GQS
AlienLanes82
Timeless Winter
Mogilny89
scrogs63
CapnCornelius

Old
09-05-2008, 12:38 AM
xJarod

Send a message via AIM to xJarod
I've never done fantasy hockey before, but being a hockey fan, I'll give it a go.

Old
09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
WapakJacketsFan

What the hay, I'll give it a whirl, too.

Old
09-05-2008, 01:38 AM
The Dancin' Beaver

Sweet, and then there were 10:

jacketshockey
ShelleyFan45
GQS
AlienLanes82
Timeless Winter
Mogilny89
scrogs63
CapnCornelius
xJarod
WapakJacketsFan

Old
09-05-2008, 01:42 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Hey, I signed up well before a lot of the posters who have been included in the 2nd league.

edit:

Forget this post. I realized selection's probably based on longevity as a poster.

I'm in pool 3.

Last edited by kmad: 09-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old
09-05-2008, 12:56 PM
scrogs63

Quote:

jacketshockey
ShelleyFan45
GQS
AlienLanes82
Timeless Winter
Mogilny89
scrogs63

I can go ahead and run this if someone who hasn't been around longer doesn't want to do it. (sounds the fair way to me).
I am fairly familair with the yahoo fantasy leagues, I have been the admin for my work fantasy league for the past 4 seasons.

Last edited by scrogs63: 09-05-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling fix
Old
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketshockey View Post
Hey, I signed up well before a lot of the posters who have been included in the 2nd league.

edit:

Forget this post. I realized selection's probably based on longevity as a poster.

I'm in pool 3.
It's not so much longevity (Mogilny89 has been around for awhile and he is in the third pool as well) as it is the nature of the leagues. 13 of the 14 posters in the Grinder League had a spot in League #1 or #2 last season. Next season, you'll get preference over anyone that signs up for the first time.

Old
09-05-2008, 05:56 PM
GQS

Whoa, only top two get to move up? Man its going to be super tough to get into the top league. Wonder why so little in movement between leagues from year to year?

Old
09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQS View Post
Whoa, only top two get to move up? Man its going to be super tough to get into the top league. Wonder why so little in movement between leagues from year to year?
Plus there are a lot of dropouts from year to year.

Old
09-05-2008, 07:36 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Plus there are a lot of dropouts from year to year.
Yeah, only the top two are supposed to have a guaranteed spot but weird things happen over the course of a loooooong offseason. Some folks stop posting, some decide they don't want to play or develop other commitments. There are at least four folks making the move from 2 to 1 this season and two moving from 1 to 2. It really isn't as harsh as it sounds.

Old
09-05-2008, 07:39 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Skraut touched on it but there are usually a lot of drop outs (damn schools ) so there ends up being more movement than you think. But the winners of the league before have bragging rights over the other lower league members who moved up.

Old
09-07-2008, 05:19 AM
GQS

Quote:
Yeah, only the top two are supposed to have a guaranteed spot but weird things happen over the course of a loooooong offseason. Some folks stop posting, some decide they don't want to play or develop other commitments. There are at least four folks making the move from 2 to 1 this season and two moving from 1 to 2. It really isn't as harsh as it sounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Skraut touched on it but there are usually a lot of drop outs (damn schools ) so there ends up being more movement than you think. But the winners of the league before have bragging rights over the other lower league members who moved up.
Alrighty, I hope you guys are right! So is this going to be a roto or H2H league? And when do we get started? I'm itching for some hockey action!

Old
09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketshockey View Post

edit:

I'm in pool 3.
Funny you should mention this. There has been a withdrawl in League #2 and you are next on the list. The league ID and password will be in your mailbox. Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogs63 View Post
I can go ahead and run this if someone who hasn't been around longer doesn't want to do it. (sounds the fair way to me).
I am fairly familair with the yahoo fantasy leagues, I have been the admin for my work fantasy league for the past 4 seasons.
It's all yours. Sorry to take another of your players but that's life in the minors.

Quote:
Alrighty, I hope you guys are right! So is this going to be a roto or H2H league? And when do we get started? I'm itching for some hockey action!
The other two leagues are HTH but how you guys set it up is up to you. I like keeping the settings the same but it is your league so run with it.

Old
09-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Mogilny89

if there's an injury, can I get called up?

Old
09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny89 View Post
if there's an injury, can I get called up?
If somebody breaks their mouse hand, I'll make sure you get your cup of coffee.

Old
09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
scrogs63

Hey guys,

TDB has passed on the responsibilities of running the prospect league to me. I have a bit too much going to today to get things moving yet, but I will post again when I get into my office tomorrow morning and have a chance to go over the numbers and such.

I think it would be best to keep ours H2H like the other leagues and keep most of the other settings the same also.

If you have any ideas or suggestions you want to add, let me know

Old
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
scrogs63

The league has been created on yahoo, and PMs sent to the following people
  • ShelleyFan45
  • GQS
  • AlienLanes82
  • Timeless Winter
  • Mogilny89
  • CapnCornelius
  • xJarod
  • WapakJacketsFan

Did I miss anyone? We are at 9 including myself. We would like to get to 14, which is what the other two leagues have. I would hope for at least 12 if we can't get to 14.
If you have never done fantasy hockey before but want to give it a try, I am sure people will help you out around here.

We need to discuss a date & time for the draft.
I will be out of town from the 17th through the 26th and have to internet connection between the 17th and the 22nd, but could prboably pull off evenings on the 24,25,26. I have no problems with missing the draft if we have to do it when I am out of town, I will set my pick lists.

Old
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Beaver and I have volunteered to play in the Prospect League as well. If you need us to get to 12, we're available.

Old
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
scrogs63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Beaver and I have volunteered to play in the Prospect League as well. If you need us to get to 12, we're available.
I have the two of you on my backup list.

Old
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
scrogs63

If anyone is having trouble getting into the league on Yahoo, PM me your email address and I will send you an invite straight from yahoo.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
xJarod

Send a message via AIM to xJarod
I registered. Can someone give me the basics of fantasy hockey?
Like, we draft players, and their stats rank us?
Haven't done it before, but I'm sure it can't be too difficult.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJarod View Post
I registered. Can someone give me the basics of fantasy hockey?
Like, we draft players, and their stats rank us?
Haven't done it before, but I'm sure it can't be too difficult.
More or less, you'll go head to head against someone else in the stat categories selected for the league. The win or loss in the individual state category is what determines your ranking in the league.

It's not that hard to catch on. Just make sure you draft well.

Old
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
scrogs63

Just a quick update, looks like 6 of the 9 I currently have have setup their teams.

If anyone else wants to join, let me know.

Closed Thread