HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

My New York by Sean Avery

Old
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
My New York by Sean Avery

Quote:
“I feel like I have a purpose in New York because of my job. I have a responsibility as far as the fans go. It’s also the first place I’ve really ever felt like I belong.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...fF5fYzHhvnqo3I

It's a Sunday Post feature where they ask various people about what they love about New York.

It's on page 50 if you have the actual paper in front of you.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 09-07-2009 at 06:22 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
ThirdEye

Damn, Avery sure gets around. I just hope he has time left to concentrate on actual hockey

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

This guy is all over the place...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

On the one hand its kind of a good thing that sean avery draws so much attention to himself because then it draws the media and more people in NY, to hockey. This being exemplified in an article that had nothing to do with hockey, however, he made is way into it.

On the other hand you dont want him getting involved too much into the "outside" interests, because like avery says, being on the new york rangers is still his job and he's getting paid $2 million by the rangers to do it.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 05:04 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Avery's yin and yang is intriguing. His polar tastes tell more about him than anything he's ever said.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
SkerZ
LGR

I'm at warren 77 right now I just got a picture with sean and brad richards

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 09:57 PM
SkerZ
LGR

I can't edit from my phone but I ment to write I am at warren 77 avery is is a real cool dude took pictures signed autographs talked to our group at the table and he was hanging with brad richards at the table next to us...deff check out his bar whenever possible

Old
09-06-2009, 10:23 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
yea he is there often. my bro and his friends all got pics with him a couple months ago. and his bar is in my sisters neighborhood. one of the first things i do when i go home to ny to visit will be to hang out at his bar and hopefully meet some nhl players

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
I can't edit from my phone but I ment to write I am at warren 77 avery is is a real cool dude took pictures signed autographs talked to our group at the table and he was hanging with brad richards at the table next to us...deff check out his bar whenever possible
shouldn't richards be in dallas ya know prepping for the season with the team?

or do the stars not care so much about their hockey?

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
On the other hand you dont want him getting involved too much into the "outside" interests, because like avery says, being on the new york rangers is still his job and he's getting paid $2 million by the rangers to do it.
you try being a 29 year old male in new york city and see how much you like being told you have to limit your "outside" interests.

people go overboard with monitoring athletes. they're human just like the rest of us. they just have to manage things a little differently including their bodies.

these guys aren't performing heart surgery. it's hockey. jeez it's like everyone has to be chris drury and suck the life out of life !

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
TylerDurden

Quote:
What's it like there? Is there a dress code? Is the bar an actual sports bar? How's the food? Big, small? Anything else you could describe works too. Thanks.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 12:14 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
you try being a 29 year old male in new york city and see how much you like being told you have to limit your "outside" interests.

people go overboard with monitoring athletes. they're human just like the rest of us. they just have to manage things a little differently including their bodies.

these guys aren't performing heart surgery. it's hockey. jeez it's like everyone has to be chris drury and suck the life out of life !
Chris Drury won't let this post ruin his labor day weekend.

I love Chris, but I couldn't help it.

Anywho, as long as he doesn't have an unregistered gun in his pants and shoots himself in the leg, I could care less. He's in the greatest city in the world and is having fun while playing a game he loves.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 12:51 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
What's it like there? Is there a dress code? Is the bar an actual sports bar? How's the food? Big, small? Anything else you could describe works too. Thanks.
The mood is cool real layed back the place is small and the menu is small but what is offered is not bad..Avery was present and didn't hide from his guest to be honest at first I was kind of disapointed untill the food was served and sean came to the table to say what's up..deff worth the time to go for some diner and drinks plus he was the with brad richards which makes me wonder

Old
09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
TylerDurden

Quote:
The mood is cool real layed back the place is small and the menu is small but what is offered is not bad..Avery was present and didn't hide from his guest to be honest at first I was kind of disapointed untill the food was served and sean came to the table to say what's up..deff worth the time to go for some diner and drinks plus he was the with brad richards which makes me wonder
Thanks for the info. I'm def going to check it out.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 01:52 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Yea no problem bro like I said most deff worth the time and the fact that he was such a normal dude made it that much better and he said make sure we come by after the games he will be there with a few of the boys

Old
09-07-2009, 04:29 AM
The Thomas J.*

Avery knows how to have a good time.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 04:32 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Can't wait to hear
"Richards to Rangers(e5)" when i wake up.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 06:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

No wonder why Sean Avery lost his in mind. I have been to Dallas,Texas and the surrounding areas,it's a rat hole. I felt safer on the streets on New York at 4am in 1995 than I felt walking in downtown Dallas(their downtown)at 8pm just a little while ago.

Avery is actually making $4 million in salary for each of the next 3 seasons. The Stars are paying 1/2 of that. **** you Dallas

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No wonder why Sean Avery lost his in mind. I have been to Dallas,Texas and the surrounding areas,it's a rat hole. I felt safer on the streets on New York at 4am in 1995 than I felt walking in downtown Dallas(their downtown)at 8pm just a little while ago.

Avery is actually making $4 million in salary for each of the next 3 seasons. The Stars are paying 1/2 of that. **** you Dallas

These were my thoughts as well, Dallas is a boring town. The extent of my excitement was hanging out in the Bar over looking Enron field.

I knew Avery was going to be miserable in Dallas. It worked out for Avery & NYR so it's all good.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 12:48 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Can't wait to hear
"Richards to Rangers(e5)" when i wake up.
I would love to here that but his cap hit just makes it so hard unless we move another big salary I guess we will find out soon enough..also this would be the end of Dubi in NY correct? I cant see them signing him to a 3rd line center roll which is were he would end up if we aquired Richards as numero uno

Old
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
These were my thoughts as well, Dallas is a boring town. The extent of my excitement was hanging out in the Bar over looking Enron field.

I knew Avery was going to be miserable in Dallas. It worked out for Avery & NYR so it's all good.
The hell? Sounds like you were in Houston.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

I was in Dallas for the last NYR/Stars game...and Dallas seemed pretty nice to me.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
shouldn't richards be in dallas ya know prepping for the season with the team?

or do the stars not care so much about their hockey?
It's amazing how far these new fangled inventions called areoplanes will take you in only a few hours! Next long weekend, when there's no work (or "informal" practices) try it. Pick a city, any city and jet there.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I was in Dallas for the last NYR/Stars game...and Dallas seemed pretty nice to me.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's a lot to be said for almost any city in the world. Plenty of places I wouldn't want to live in, but then again, there are plenty of people who say the same thing about where I live. Viva la difference.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
are Ranger fans going to turn into Habs fans if they see some of the boys having a Heineken on a day off? lol

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote