HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saskatchewan AA Bantam 2009-2010 Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
  #51
From The Stands
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 358 View Post
Couch, don't know if the entire ream if final, however the 'best' appeared to be dressed. There had to be a 4" height and a 40 lb. size diff. over Balgonie. I didn't have a roster sheet for either, however watched the game with parents from both teams so got an idea. Some guys I know as well. I know Balgonie cut some pretty good 2nd yr. imports in favor of locals. May hurt the team this yr. but possibly improve them in future.
ND went to Lumsden yest. but I'm in Wpg so haven't talked to anyone about that game. Will attend the next Wey. game.

As for PA/ND I would think the depth of the ND forwards would eventually chew up most teams. Wave after wave of red that never let up. It would take strong D and goal. with the ability to break out to keep these guys off the scoresheet. Also stay out of the box, esp on the large ice at ND.
Warman on the other hand I can't say. Lots of good individuals, and if they handeled SC easily they may give ND a run.
The aaa teams from AB and BC will test them though, as D men may be a bit suspect. Not great skaters from what I saw, however only 1 game doesn't tell the whole story and there may have been some #1 players not dressed.
Not sure where you got the info regarding Balgonie but it is inaccurate. Balgonie turned away only 1 second year player import who was ranked a bubble pick.

From The Stands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
  #52
SaskScout
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Looks like ND has got a bit of a political scandal on their hands. Just talked to another wilcox dad, Ordt (sp) was released to the AA squad in favor of Parker. This is just not right, and from what I have heard, Parkers' dad has something to do with this since he is the owner/gm of the pats. From what I have seen, you have a Bantam AAA goalie from Burnaby Winter Club taking on a small goalie in Parker from Regina. what do you think? Crossbarandin: that was the AA game.

SaskScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
  #53
schoolboyjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
It's absolutely not right, and if you've been around the South Sask for awhile you will also know that it's not a big surprise. That's been brewing there since last spring. It will definatley equalize the playing field for the other top South Sask teams.

schoolboyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
  #54
From The Stands
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbarandin View Post
I see ND tied 2-2 anyone see the game, or know if the roster is finalized?
ND's AAA team played Balgonie with 70% roster on Friday and beat them 18-3. ND's AA team played Sunday in Balgonie it was a 2-2 tie.

From The Stands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
  #55
SaskScout
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Did some research today on Oordt, thanks to Tony in Vancouver. Played BWC Bantam AAA as the starting goaltender and left himself for ND after a few others had done the same thing. Also heard that he was "invited" to play for BWC so the $$$ was not a factor. If you take a look in a few other forums, he is ranked top 3 in BC. Word is that he was the number 1 kid coming into ND this year, and did play a great game in the 10-2 over Lumsden.

SaskScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
  #56
schoolboyjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Having a good AA goalie, which Parker is, is Ok for the South Sask League play. Where ND will need a AAA goalie is when they travel to AAA tournaments. I'm still not convinced of their D. Cuningham is a quality D-man at the AAA level. Who else do they have??

Not sure who is there from Alberta and BC. Is there a Morgan Reilly type d-man?

I'm assuming the other goalie is Thibadeau? He is a also a good AA goalie. Both of them will have a lot to live up to at the AAA level in tournaments. That's a lot of pressure. South Sask stats really mean nothing for ND goalies!!

schoolboyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 04:50 PM
  #57
From The Stands
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScout View Post
Did some research today on Oordt, thanks to Tony in Vancouver. Played BWC Bantam AAA as the starting goaltender and left himself for ND after a few others had done the same thing. Also heard that he was "invited" to play for BWC so the $$$ was not a factor. If you take a look in a few other forums, he is ranked top 3 in BC. Word is that he was the number 1 kid coming into ND this year, and did play a great game in the 10-2 over Lumsden.
Wow...tony was quick with that info. as always 3 sides to every story and usually the truth is the one everyone ignores. Not sure who you got the info on regarding the lumsden game but I spoke with one of the coaches from lumsden. Lumsden was out shot 75-20, so lets reduce that to 60-12 to try and back off the exaggeration factor. The Lumsden 96 goalie played well, going 2 periods letting in 5, the 95 Lumsden goalie let in 5 goals in the 3rd.

The ND goalie Ordt(sp?) let in his 1st shot weak high short side and a breakaway.

Again have to question a sure Western Canadian appearance, I guess if the kid is so good BWC will welcome him back , maybe even pay him to come back.

From The Stands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
  #58
viewpoint
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Redflags go up on any kid that passes up a spot to compete at Western's. BWC and Notre Dame will be competing in most of the same tournaments anyways, why would he pass up the chance to play for a Western Canadian championship that he cannot do at Notre Dame? Makes no sense.

Notre Dame will be fine. Forwards will be overwhelmingly deep. Many different guys to fit many different roles. No team in Western Canada will have the depth up front that Notre Dame does. The will have an astonishing amount of puck possession, thus covering up a perceived lack of depth on the back end and goaltending.

viewpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
  #59
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
As to the Parker/ND deal, Ohrd went home to BC. Good 'tender but lacked effort level.I would think $ from Russ Parker may have been a factor, but not sure. Parker is not a AAA goalie and neither is Thibadeault, in my opinion. ND is also suspect at D. There is no 'Morgan Rielly' type guy, that I saw. ! game doesn't tell much. They have the best lineup of fwd ever, however may have some trouble with teams with depth. Cunningham is good, offensive type D, skating improved alot, however they lack a strong D man with good lateral ability, able to deliver the big hit that gets a team going. They spent all spring gathering up fwd who can skate/score and seem to have left the D and goal to fend for themselves. Coaching can improve D. that can skate, First trip to AB. will tell the tale, I think. Most teams in S SK league will only get a few shots. Heard they kept 13 fwd and 5 D. Williams will play both sides.
Friends were at the Balgonie/ND Sun. game. Apparantly ND aa team was there. Thibadeau was in net. Looks like that's the team that should be in S SK.
Anyone seen Wey. or M Mtn. lately??

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 05:05 PM
  #60
smalltown
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
If that's true about Williams playing D in ND they are in trouble for D men as, I have seen Williams play D in a triple AAA summer tournament a couple of years ago and it wasn't pretty.

smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 05:13 PM
  #61
Fox
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 358 View Post
Couch, don't know if the entire ream if final, however the 'best' appeared to be dressed. There had to be a 4" height and a 40 lb. size diff. over Balgonie. I didn't have a roster sheet for either, however watched the game with parents from both teams so got an idea. Some guys I know as well. I know Balgonie cut some pretty good 2nd yr. imports in favor of locals. May hurt the team this yr. but possibly improve them in future.
ND went to Lumsden yest. but I'm in Wpg so haven't talked to anyone about that game. Will attend the next Wey. game.

As for PA/ND I would think the depth of the ND forwards would eventually chew up most teams. Wave after wave of red that never let up. It would take strong D and goal. with the ability to break out to keep these guys off the scoresheet. Also stay out of the box, esp on the large ice at ND.
Warman on the other hand I can't say. Lots of good individuals, and if they handeled SC easily they may give ND a run.
The aaa teams from AB and BC will test them though, as D men may be a bit suspect. Not great skaters from what I saw, however only 1 game doesn't tell the whole story and there may have been some #1 players not dressed.
What happened to BC boy Ram Brar who was trying out for ND? I heard he is heading back to either Surrey or SAHA.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
  #62
viewpoint
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Here is the roster as I understand it.

parker
thibaudeau

d
cunningham
taylor
stack
bruckyere
faith

forwards
hunt
harris
millette
klebaum
williams
tironese
kostiuk
stavert
seguin
gray
bridges
gelisinger
wanner

The only forward that I can see that is horribly out of place here is Klebaum... Not really sure what at all he has to offer. Can someone please tell me how this guy made it...

viewpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
  #63
schoolboyjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Let's analyze what we have here. Maybe someone can help me with the kids I don't know.

Goal
parker - good AA goalie
thibaudeau -- good AA goalie

Defense
cunningham - big strong physical D-man
taylor - ??
stack - ??
bruckyere - ??
faith - good D - played as a 5-6 man on Wheatland

forwards
hunt - ??
harris - ??
millette - very good hands - nose for net, physical
klebaum - physical forward - top 3 forward on Predators
williams - top 3 forward on Huskies
tironese - ??
kostiuk - ??
stavert - ??
seguin - ??
gray - ??
bridges - ??
gelisinger - grinder type player - 3rd line guy
wanner - Estevan boy? - can't really remember him well

Can someone help me fill in the question marks for kids I don;t know. The Sask boys would make a good south Sask team, but they are not enough to win the league, let alone AAA tournaments.

schoolboyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 07:02 PM
  #64
SaskScout
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboyjones View Post
Let's analyze what we have here. Maybe someone can help me with the kids I don't know.

Goal
parker - good AA goalie
thibaudeau -- good AA goalie
Defense
cunningham - big strong physical D-man
taylor - ??
stack - ??
bruckyere - ??
faith - good D - played as a 5-6 man on Wheatland

forwards
hunt - ??
harris - ??
millette - very good hands - nose for net, physical
klebaum - physical forward - top 3 forward on Predators
williams - top 3 forward on Huskies
tironese - ??
kostiuk - ??
stavert - ??
seguin - ??
gray - ??
bridges - ??
gelisinger - grinder type player - 3rd line guy
wanner - Estevan boy? - can't really remember him well

Can someone help me fill in the question marks for kids I don;t know. The Sask boys would make a good south Sask team, but they are not enough to win the league, let alone AAA tournaments.
Goal
parker - small and slow, shouldn't be there
thibaudeau -- good stick, 5-hole is a problem

Defense
cunningham - big strong physical D-man
taylor - same as stack
stack - last d pairing, haven't seen to much
bruckyere - big, smart with the puck, powerplay guy
faith - good D - played as a 5-6 man on Wheatland

forwards
hunt - fast, hard worker, battles, size is a problem
harris - great shot, great size, good speed
millette - very good hands - nose for net, physical
klebaum - physical forward - top 3 forward on Predators
williams - top 3 forward on Huskies
tironese - 3rd line grinder, can score
kostiuk - speed, dangles, shorthanded killer
stavert - 1 point a game guy, 2nd line
seguin - like stavert, good speed, 2nd line
gray - dangles, speed, can't finish
bridges - big, grinder, not fast, decent shot
gelisinger - grinder type player - 3rd line guy
wanner - fast, no shot, hands are suspect

Agree, this will not be the old Notre Dame.

SaskScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:36 PM
  #65
Fugu
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Open for business.

Please stick to the topic without insinuations that slander someone's name or position-- unless there's a link (proof).

  Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
  #66
trainer10
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Ram Brar is back at SAHA he missed Surrey's try-outs so that was his only option

trainer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:15 PM
  #67
dickiedunnwrotethis
Registered User
 
dickiedunnwrotethis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Going to watch a Martensville/Melfort exhibition game tomorrow. Are there any Melfort players to watch out for?

dickiedunnwrotethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 06:45 PM
  #68
sask
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
I heard that Warman hosted a mini tournament this weekend in Waldheim.

Has anyone heard any scores?

sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 12:36 AM
  #69
dewalt17
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
can anyone tell me alittle more about ram brar ive never heard about him before

dewalt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
  #70
smalltown
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
I heard that Warman hosted a mini tournament this weekend in Waldheim.

Has anyone heard any scores?
I wasn't there personally, but I heard that Saskatoon had 2 Teams, Unity, Kindersley, Warman and Prince Albert. Apparently Unity and Kindersley where weak and both Saskatoon Teams beat Warman and I don't think Prince Albert lost a game. P.A. and Saskatoon didn't play that would of been nice to see how that would of went. Does anybody know if these were the strongest 2 teams from Saskatoon.

smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
  #71
livehockey12
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I wasn't there personally, but I heard that Saskatoon had 2 Teams, Unity, Kindersley, Warman and Prince Albert. Apparently Unity and Kindersley where weak and both Saskatoon Teams beat Warman and I don't think Prince Albert lost a game. P.A. and Saskatoon didn't play that would of been nice to see how that would of went. Does anybody know if these were the strongest 2 teams from Saskatoon.
i watched this mini tournament, and can name a few players that stood out. players like Doetzel, Leverton, Calladine, Shields, Watson, Manson, Wapple, and Mcleod.
warman didn't do that great, saskatoon teams were alright, and PA and west central did quite well.

livehockey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
  #72
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Is thr C4 shedule posted anywhere. I would like to see PA play Humbolt in Humbolt.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
  #73
sask
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
The Center 4 schedule is on the website.

www.centrefourhockeyleague.com

sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
  #74
Pontiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Got it, thanks

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
  #75
2464
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
From what i seen is Watson out played Leverton and will be the leader of warman team. Lysak was weak in the second game. Team will come together and when they do look out! Over all it was a good tournament brought out strong points as well as weak points on teams. Teams can now go and work on weak points and should be in for a good season of AA bantam hockey!

2464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.