Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saskatchewan AA Bantam 2009-2010 Season

Old
10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
smalltown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2464 View Post
From what i seen is Watson out played Leverton and will be the leader of warman team. Lysak was weak in the second game. Team will come together and when they do look out! Over all it was a good tournament brought out strong points as well as weak points on teams. Teams can now go and work on weak points and should be in for a good season of AA bantam hockey!
Without Forsberg and goaltending you might as well put a fork in it (It's done)!!!

smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Pontiac

Pre or early season tour.are a great way for coaches to see how their squad stacks up. Also allows guys to play several games in a short time period, allowing indivdual players to test their fitness. Warman takes a proactive approach to hockey, for sure. Good on 'em.
Smalltown, early in the season for such a negative comment. 6 months to go. The way I see it Warman may not win the province but they aren't "done" just yet. I notice you haven't had anything good to say on this board. Were you or your boy just cut from a team???

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Pontiac

Went over to Weyburn Sun. They looked pretty good. No real standouts, just a rounded team. Oilers need a bit of work but was an entertaining game.

Old
10-07-2009, 06:15 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Watched Martensville/Stallions play last night. Good game (8-5 for the Stallions), marred at times only by some truly abysmal reffing. Notable players were Robbie Cameron, Matt McLeod, and Adam Osczevski, with Oscevski being the clear stand-out that night.

dickiedunnwrotethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Pontiac

Anyone know where Kailum Gervais is today. Pretty skilled player, some exhibition game with YKT AAA Midgets.

Ram Brar was still in Wilcox on Wed. nite.

Last edited by Pontiac: 10-09-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add
Old
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358 View Post
Anyone know where Kailum Gervais is today. Pretty skilled player, some exhibition game with YKT AAA Midgets.

Ram Brar was still in Wilcox on Wed. nite.
Apparently Brar will be back in Surrey this week.Not sure how coach stripp is going to get him on the AAA team after all the try-outs have been completed, but expect there to be some pretty upset parents if their kid gets bumped at this late date.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
DUBSCOUT101

I watched a few of Humboldts games this year and they look to be very strong. Gardiner, Tkatch and Fonatine anchor their lines. Defense played well. Goaltending was average. Shewchuk played fairly well at the Saskatchewan Cup. Lots of shots, energetic style. I watched there home opener at the Elgar. Humboldt played very poorly in the first period but came on as the game went on. Kocay got the start in net and played poor. Humboldt ended up winning 16-6 but Meadow Lake should have never scored that many. Look for them to be a contender in the leauge.

DUBSCOUT101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBSCOUT101 View Post
I watched a few of Humboldts games this year and they look to be very strong. Gardiner, Tkatch and Fonatine anchor their lines. Defense played well. Goaltending was average. Shewchuk played fairly well at the Saskatchewan Cup. Lots of shots, energetic style. I watched there home opener at the Elgar. Humboldt played very poorly in the first period but came on as the game went on. Kocay got the start in net and played poor. Humboldt ended up winning 16-6 but Meadow Lake should have never scored that many. Look for them to be a contender in the leauge.
Any word if Humboldt will be playing in the Saskatoon tournament this winter? Also, can you tell me what kind of game their top players play? Specifically Tkatch as he's the one whose name i've seen the most batted around.

Old
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
schoolboyjones

Humboldt and Pa are both in Melville next weekend and they play each other on saturday. Should be a good game.

schoolboyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
draftlookout

how is weyburns team this year. and who is there to look out for on that team

draftlookout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Pontiac

Weyburn is stronger than I expected. The most 'draftable' player would be Zac Douglas. Lumb, a '96 kid fits in well. Big kid, works hard.

Old
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Leaffan123

Blazers AAA games on the weekend

I attended the Blazers/Berady's and Blazers/North Battleford games on the weekend. Two 95's playing. Matt Mcleod for Blazers and Forsberg for Beardy's. Forsberg definitely stood out. Should be the first pick in the WHL draft. Mcleod never looked out of place either. He saw limited action

Leaffan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Leaffan123

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedunnwrotethis View Post
Watched Martensville/Stallions play last night. Good game (8-5 for the Stallions), marred at times only by some truly abysmal reffing. Notable players were Robbie Cameron, Matt McLeod, and Adam Osczevski, with Oscevski being the clear stand-out that night.
I was at this game as well. I agree with you. Mcleod and Cameron stand out. So did Oscevski on a weak team. I also noticed Allison from the Stallions. Showed some excellent speed. I think he was in on 6 of the goals.

Leaffan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
DUBSCOUT101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedunnwrotethis View Post
Any word if Humboldt will be playing in the Saskatoon tournament this winter? Also, can you tell me what kind of game their top players play? Specifically Tkatch as he's the one whose name i've seen the most batted around.
Not sure if Humboldt is in on the Saskatoon tourney but I know for sure they will be at the Regina one. Tkatch use's his size and shot. Fontaine is strong but small, relies on speed. Gardiner probably has the best hands I have seen in a first year for a long time. Also a very nice shot. Tkatch's work ethic could be better but he is a good all around player. He racked up an impressive 12..(6 goals, 6 assists) points in Humboldt's home opener.

Old
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
turbo35

Keep in mind Humboldt was playing against Meadow Lake. After Johnson and the Yew twins they don't have much else. Not a great measuring stick.

turbo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
schoolboyjones

Melville Tournament

Anyone watching the melville tournament this weekend, How about predictions?

Teams will be Melville, Moose Mountain, Yorkton, Regina ??, Humboldt, PA, and warman.

schoolboyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 04:35 PM
DUBSCOUT101

Humboldt, Warman and PA will be the top three teams in this tournament. I don't see any of the other teams doing much.

Old
10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
dewalt17

you may be right but i wouldn't count yorkton or moose mountain out

dewalt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
draftlookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358 View Post
Weyburn is stronger than I expected. The most 'draftable' player would be Zac Douglas. Lumb, a '96 kid fits in well. Big kid, works hard.
anyone else that could possibly get drafted

draftlookout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboyjones View Post
Anyone watching the melville tournament this weekend, How about predictions?

Teams will be Melville, Moose Mountain, Yorkton, Regina ??, Humboldt, PA, and warman.
PA to win. Humboldt second.

Old
10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan123 View Post
I was at this game as well. I agree with you. Mcleod and Cameron stand out. So did Oscevski on a weak team. I also noticed Allison from the Stallions. Showed some excellent speed. I think he was in on 6 of the goals.
It's going to take Martensville a while to gel. Right now they have too many players who aren't playing a team game, and when you don't have as much individual talent as some other teams, that spells trouble. That said, they do have a fairly solid defence and a good 96 goalie in Decorby. While they did lose to the Outlaws in a lopsided score, i thought they played them fairly tough considering they played the game with 4 D (and for a good chunk of the second period with 3). Although they dominated in scoring chances, i still expected to see a little bit more from the Outlaws. If Chartier, Olynek, and Symenuk stay together, however, i can see them becoming maybe the dominant line in the GSHL.

Old
10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
sask

I saw this game as well. I thought that 5-0 flattered Martensville. Outlaws looked strong. The GSHL website shows them to only have 6 1995's.
I do agree with you about Olynek,Chartier and Semenuk.

sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Pontiac

Got a call from Wilcox. College is pretty well locked down, nobody in/out. Flu scare. All games cancelled.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:04 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
I saw this game as well. I thought that 5-0 flattered Martensville. Outlaws looked strong. The GSHL website shows them to only have 6 1995's.
I do agree with you about Olynek,Chartier and Semenuk.
I guess it's subjective, but i sort of expected more from the Outlaws than i saw, especially since Martensville was short on D and the forwards as a group played a disinterested, selfish game. Perhaps it's the expectations game, but when a team has 2 of the three best 96 defencemen from last year, two of the 3 best 96 forwards from last year, and the best forward from this year's tryouts in Symenuk, i expected a little more killer instinct. It's very early though and there is a lot of potential on this team; it'll be interesting to see if a team dominated with 96 talent can make any real noise down the road.

Old
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Any word on the Melville tourney would be appreciated.