HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Visor care/help/tips

Old
09-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Delayed Offside

vCash: 500
Visor care/help/tips

hey guys...

so for the first time, i'm going to be wearing a visor for men's league... in the past it's been either a full cage or nothing but i just feel that i should wear one (even if cherry doesn't like it)...

any trips/suggestions for taking care of it and keeping it fog free... i've read about special sprays, shampoo, soap... what have you guys used?

Last edited by Delayed Offside: 09-08-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Delayed Offside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 06:44 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Buy visor spray and a bag to cover it with. I forked over a little more for an Oakley visor myself, they tend to not fog as much as some cheaper ones do.

They'll probably give you a visor wipe cloth to go with it for free, but they're next to nothing in price and don't streak the visor.

Before each game I usually spray both sides of it, then wipe with the cloth and I'm good to go for the game.

Last edited by iPunch: 09-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.
iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Sergei Berezin

Yeah, like Punch said, there are many fog sprays out there that work great, and also, get a nice velvet bag that won't scratch the visor to put over it while it's in your bag.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Delayed Offside

visor bag... *facepalm* totally forgot to get that... ugh now i have to go back to the store... i miss having places to all over to buy hockey gear

Delayed Offside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
blueberrydanish

Some people say pillow cases work just as good...and I personally dont really have issues with fog unless Im on the bench and am breathing heavy upwards(mouthpiece hangin out causes that for me lol). After every time I play though I just wipe it down with a towel so no streaks dry on it and Im good to go next time.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
Some people say pillow cases work just as good...and I personally dont really have issues with fog unless Im on the bench and am breathing heavy upwards(mouthpiece hangin out causes that for me lol). After every time I play though I just wipe it down with a towel so no streaks dry on it and Im good to go next time.
I use the bauer HS22 visor and the anti-fog coating on the inside is absolutely wonderful. The backside in front of your eyeballs is coated with a very good product that is very fragile and prone to scratching but works great. The front gets some fog but as soon as you hop over the board the air on it dries it up instantly.

As for the visor I clean it with plain water and wipe it down like you do.

Visors should be considered routine maintenance anyway with a new one purchased every year or whatever because they are so fragile and prone to scratches if one plays often.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote