Notices

1st Round Matchup - Flames Vs. Nucks

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 03:00 AM
hillbilly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Preds out, Flames are in. As much as I hate ya'll when the preds play ya'll. The flames are now my team untill they're eleminated, so danget Flames Win Game 7

Old
04-18-2004, 03:03 AM
Smeagol

well thats it I cant take it anymore

all my teams always loose

Ottawa in the east

and now Calgary tonight

You know every team that I cheer on, always looses always

I give up

that game tonight was to heartbreaking for me

I mean he hit the puck of the post

Why Hockey Gods Why

and the flames got so banged up

Now I hate the Canucks with a passion

dont worry even if they make it past Calgary, they will loose for sure in the next round

God they suck

Old
04-18-2004, 05:42 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Costly game

With the injuries to Lydman, Simon, McAmmond and Reinprecht, it is concerning when Gauthier goes down, Yelle reagrrivates his injury a few times, I'm pretty sure Saprykin is playing injured, and I heard Gelinas might be playing injured as well.

Hope to god Simon can come back. Montador might be in next game... so Ference, Commodore and Montador for the bottum 6... sketch...
Remember before the series all the Flames fans kept saying how banged up the Canucks were going to be?

Old
04-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
Remember before the series all the Flames fans kept saying how banged up the Canucks were going to be?
It's those dirty Sedins...they hit like wrecking balls!

Old
04-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
No excueses

Just talking about who to dress, and under what situations.

We'll leave the whining about injuries (which is just basically Clouthier - and Bertuzzi's suspension) to you guys

Old
04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
No excueses

We'll leave the whining about injuries (which is just basically Clouthier - and Bertuzzi's suspension) to you guys
Huh?

Im just saying I find it slightly amusing that the Flames are so banged up, because before the series started, must flames fans were going on about how the Flames were going to knock all the Canuck players out, and blah blah.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
No excueses

Pff...Flames fans mention injured players way more then Canucks fans. I haven't really heard anyone say anything about Bertuzzi at all. Cloutier being gone has been overshadowed by the Auld and Heberg fiasco fueled by Crawford who has no clue how to handle backup goalie situations...it's like the guy wants to make it as insecure as possible. Every thread has a Flames fan talking about how much of a difference Rhino would make, or how much they missed Yelle before he came back or how Simon is out, etc.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
What an awesome game last night, and this series has been a battle right from the get go. With the way this series has gone, a Game 7 is the perfect way to decide it. May the best team win

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
04-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Pff...Flames fans mention injured players way more then Canucks fans. I haven't really heard anyone say anything about Bertuzzi at all. Cloutier being gone has been overshadowed by the Auld and Heberg fiasco fueled by Crawford who has no clue how to handle backup goalie situations...it's like the guy wants to make it as insecure as possible. Every thread has a Flames fan talking about how much of a difference Rhino would make, or how much they missed Yelle before he came back or how Simon is out, etc.
The only talking I've seen is how Vancouver fans piss and moan about how if they had Bertuzzi and Clouthier, they would steamroll the Flames, with Flames fans coming back saying its a two way streat.

Old
04-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
The only talking I've seen is how Vancouver fans piss and moan about how if they had Bertuzzi and Clouthier, they would steamroll the Flames, with Flames fans coming back saying its a two way streat.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/forum_p...TID=15022&PN=1

Old
04-18-2004, 03:08 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yup, that's been pretty much what I've read as well. But it is only a few Canuck fans that do that.

Old
04-18-2004, 03:09 PM
FLAMESFAN

Oh, he's talking about posters on CP

Old
04-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle axe
I don't see any whining there.

All I see there are:
Post 1: Theoretical lines
Post 2: Wishes (not whining)
Post 3: NO EXCUSES
Post 4: NO EXCUSES
Post 5: NO EXCUSES
Post 6: Saying how each team would look if BOTH teams were healthy
Post 7: Talking about CANUCK injuries
Post 8: Talking about Bertuzzi
Post 9: Saying Reinprecht might not stay healthy if he played Game 1
Post 10: Talking about Bertuzzi
Post 11: Saying Bertuzzi can be stopped

No whining whatsoever

Old
04-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Oh, he's talking about posters on CP
Why? Does that make them non-Flames fans somehow? I have seen plenty of posters on that site that post here.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:59 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Why? Does that make them non-Flames fans somehow? I have seen plenty of posters on that site that post here.
What are you talking about?

A Canuck fan posts (here, on HF!) that all he sees are posts about Calgary fans whinning about injuries. A couple of us disagree, saying the opposite. You come back with posts from CP. Posts from CP have nothing to do with what goes on here. I assume the Canuck fan was referring to HF, and if he wasn't then he should have specified where he was referring to!

Old
04-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
I don't see any whining there.

All I see there are:
Post 1: Theoretical lines
Post 2: Wishes (not whining)
Post 3: NO EXCUSES
Post 4: NO EXCUSES
Post 5: NO EXCUSES
Post 6: Saying how each team would look if BOTH teams were healthy
Post 7: Talking about CANUCK injuries
Post 8: Talking about Bertuzzi
Post 9: Saying Reinprecht might not stay healthy if he played Game 1
Post 10: Talking about Bertuzzi
Post 11: Saying Bertuzzi can be stopped

No whining whatsoever
All I'm saying is that fans of both sides are hypothesizing what their team's lineup would be if they were completely healthy. It isn't whining. It is just a 'what-if' syndrome. I would say that is a fairly natural thing to do.

Isn't it ironic that you guys are whining about what you interpret to be whining?

And to FLAMESFAN, I reiterate, many of the Flames posters at HF post at CP. Their opinions hold true whether it be that forum or this one.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
All I'm saying is that fans of both sides are hypothesizing what their team's lineup would be if they were completely healthy. It isn't whining. It is just a 'what-if' syndrome. I would say that is a fairly natural thing to do.

Isn't it ironic that you guys are whining about what you interpret to be whining?

And to FLAMESFAN, I reiterate, many of the Flames posters at HF post at CP. Their opinions hold true whether it be that forum or this one.
Actually, on the Western Conference board, there were quite a few Canuck fans saying how their team was at a disadvantage because Clouthier and Bertuzzi weren't playing.

I thought it was you whining about what you interpret to be whining? I was just whining that you were whining about what you interpreted to be whining.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Actually, on the Western Conference board, there were quite a few Canuck fans saying how their team was at a disadvantage because Clouthier and Bertuzzi weren't playing.

I thought it was you whining about what you interpret to be whining? I was just whining that you were whining about what you interpreted to be whining.
Well you were just whini.....ok that could go on forever. My point is, I don't think it's unfair for fans to say that their team is at a disadvantage because certain players aren't in the linep. I didn't post the CP thread to point out any whining of the part of Flame's fans, but rather to point out the fact that fans on both teams have a 'what-if' mentality. I'm sure if Kipper went down in last night's game, Flames fans would say their team was at a disadvantage, and I would agree with them. We could surely use Bertuzzi right now, but if the Nucks lose game 7, it is because the Flames played a great series, not because of who was or wasn't in our lineup.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:23 AM
captain jovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
the best team will win tomorrow night

Bottom line the Canucks built a team and gambled on the Sedins. The gamble didn't pay off. Burke is on his way out, your best player is going to jail and you don't have a legit #1 goaltender. On top of this you're all out of draft picks to rebuild and too cheap to spend money on free agents.
Man I'm not really sure what you have been smoking but it sure must be good. It seems to me that cloutier was playin awesome before he got hurt so there goes that argument and the sedin's burnt your team in game six. Burke isn't going anywhere they are just going to talk contract after the season. Bertuzzi's "investigation" is done with and nothing has come of it, no charges were ever laid. Get your head out of your butt buddy.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:30 AM
captain jovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagol
well thats it I cant take it anymore

all my teams always loose

Ottawa in the east

and now Calgary tonight

You know every team that I cheer on, always looses always

I give up

that game tonight was to heartbreaking for me

I mean he hit the puck of the post

Why Hockey Gods Why

and the flames got so banged up

Now I hate the Canucks with a passion

dont worry even if they make it past Calgary, they will loose for sure in the next round

God they suck
Well I understand your frustration in losing to Vancouver in game six but you have to admit that your team got outplayed for the majority of the game. They never should have even been able to come back from 4 goals down but I will give them credit. You have a good team with lot's of heart but heart doesn't allways beat tallent.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:29 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jovo
Well I understand your frustration in losing to Vancouver in game six but you have to admit that your team got outplayed for the majority of the game. They never should have even been able to come back from 4 goals down but I will give them credit. You have a good team with lot's of heart but heart doesn't allways beat tallent.
Vancouver never should have been up by 4, Calgary fell apart after the second goal, this was where their inexperience showed. After the time out the Flames were the dominate team. I'd even say the Flames had more chances in OT. Add in the fact Nieminen had beaten Auld cleanly, but hit the post - and Vancouver is LUCKY there even is a game 7.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:35 PM
richardn

Go Flames Go!!!!! Only 17 minutes to go. Come on keep it up.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:45 PM
richardn

Oh no I can't handle another 4:45 am finish. Come on Flames score I can't handle anymore OT for awhile.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:51 PM
richardn

Thank you Iginla. I might actualy get to go to bed soon. GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Oh no I can't handle another 4:45 am finish. Come on Flames score I can't handle anymore OT for awhile.
Bah, the sun has just come up here!

Closed Thread